Author Topic: Neck pains, please help.  (Read 4500 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Neck pains, please help.
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:52:15 AM »
Hi guys.

A few days ago I performed some light squats (ca 200 lbs) and everything went just fine until my last set. The left side of my neck started aching and did so for the rest of the workout.

It is a pulsating pain, almost in rhythm with my heartbeats almost similar to a headache/migraine attack and it comes up every single time I get a high pulse for whatever reason. After almost every set I do now no matter what exercise the pain comes and it doesn't matter how I twist my neck it just won't go away. Seems like there is a correlation between high blood pressure and the pain, I don't dare do any deadlifts or legpresses it would fucckin kill me. It even started hurting when I had sex yesterday!!

I have strained muscles before but this is nothing like it. Can anyone give me a guess on what's happened?

Here's a rough visual reference so you can see what area I'm talking about:
from incomplete data

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Neck pains, please help.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »
Hopefully it's just a type of pull but do you have any other symptoms you hadn't had before such as chest pains, tightness in your chest etc?  Is the pain only in your neck or does it radiate from there into other parts of your body?  Do you have vascular or heart issues in your family?

P.S.  I think you should go see a doc.
R

bonedoc

• Getbig II
  • DO IT BIG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:33 AM »
i would def see a doc. I had a friend who had pain in the same area and end up need emergency surgery on his neck.  This is nothing to play with.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
Just an update: I never went to the doc (foolish perhaps) and waited for the pain to go away and it did eventually after about 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the help though.
from incomplete data

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
Just an update: I never went to the doc (foolish perhaps) and waited for the pain to go away and it did eventually after about 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the help though.
Good to hear you are better
R

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
I know exactly what you are talking about....I get same pain in same area. Your issue could be different from mine, but I'd get the exact same sharp pulsating pain (yep in rhythm with my heartbeat) along the back left portion of my neck. I knew it wasn't from lifting because I'd been only boxing....I stop boxing for awhile and it was still throbbing here and there...mostly at night.

believe it or not mine is associated with my sinus allergy issues. I didn't figure it out until my wife started complaining about the same pain in same back of neck area (and she has no sinus issues at all, she just got a lil stuffy while we were on vacation and pick up an sinus infection..etc) basically she went in and got med and was all good..no more neck pain..none sense.

It made me think... since I have allergy issues, so when mine kicked in I noticed my sinus issues were kicking in some. I use sinucleanse to flush sinus area twice a day and no more neck pain.

Again your case could be different, but the area and details of what you are describing is exactly the pain I get when my allergies kick in..etc.