Author Topic: Dre Bly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete  (Read 10274 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Dre Bly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »
He gets an interception (great), then proceeds to celebrate as he is trying to run down the field (keep in mind the niners are down 35-10 at this point).  He never protects the ball, gets stripped, and then the falcons get the ball back on the fumble.  What on earth is wrong with modern black athletes?  From michael crabtree screwing himself in the ass with a pointless holdout to jamarcus russell skipping meetings and being wildly overweight, do they even realize how foolish they look in the eyes of the world? 

there were tons of "modern black athletes" that actually ran back interceptions for td's this weekend both nfl and college....they went straight the sidelines afterwards.

you pick the one bad apple out of the bunch? What do you just sit around all day waiting for moments like this to happen so you can post things like this?

Ed Reed Ran one back, D sharper been running them back all season, guy from longhorns ran one back vs colorado...they are all modern black athletes...ran them back and went to sidelines

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »
there were tons of "modern black athletes" that actually ran back interceptions for td's this weekend both nfl and college....they went straight the sidelines afterwards.

you pick the one bad apple out of the bunch? What do you just sit around all day waiting for moments like this to happen so you can post things like this?

Ed Reed Ran one back, D sharper been running them back all season, guy from longhorns ran one back vs colorado...they are all modern black athletes...ran them back and went to sidelines

mama black, daddy black
Uncle black, granny black, catch me in a Cadillac

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »

One person is hardly representative of an entire race, but all Bly had to do in that case was to NOT give 'them' an excuse. 

He chose to, though, and as a result, one more black person is going to be discriminated against today. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
We have one in atlanta...like 30 min north...but none in LA

Dude i got the crab fondue...was too good..i got full off the appetisers
I thought you lived in NY for some reason

ya man their fried alligator is the shit too

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
I thought you lived in NY for some reason

ya man their fried alligator is the shit too

Naw...im in atlanta an LA. i never tried alligator...my dad eats the papadoux platter...fried everything, fish, shrimp, crawfish, with some crabcakes in there...u are freakin lucky

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »
Naw...im in atlanta an LA. i never tried alligator...my dad eats the papadoux platter...fried everything, fish, shrimp, crawfish, with some crabcakes in there...u are freakin lucky

mal, you know how we do it in the South....if you can eat....we can fry it!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »
At least Bly apologizes for his statements and Singletary isn't standing for players that act like individuals. Hopefully this gets to all the players on the team that it's a team and that they have a chance to be really good if they play as one.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Singletarys-Monday-Press-Conference/a76ff135-379f-4803-83a0-4b73b340eff4

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »
Hey big mal, i said he epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete, not that he epitomized every black athlete.  learn how to read.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »
Hey big mal, i said he epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete, not that he epitomized every black athlete.  learn how to read.

You are an idiot..Andre is A Modern black athlete and he is not like that...so thats why its a blanket state men...

thats like me posting a picture of a white dude doin the meth and saying "see this is whats wrong with the white man." that was a shitty way  of illustrating something chief

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
You are an idiot..Andre is A Modern black athlete and he is not like that...so thats why its a blanket state men...

thats like me posting a picture of a white dude doin the meth and saying "see this is whats wrong with the white man." that was a shitty way  of illustrating something chief

if i showed a picture of a low income, white male smoking crack while his babies starved, i would say that he epitomized everything that is wrong with uneducated trailer trash... or not being educated.  same difference.

you just cannot accept, for some reason that is beyond me, that modern black athletes have a massive selfish streak and it often hurts their team. dre bly proved that much yesterday.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
if i showed a picture of a low income, white male smoking crack while his babies starved, i would say that he epitomized everything that is wrong with uneducated trailer trash... or not being educated.  same difference.

you just cannot accept, for some reason that is beyond me, that modern black athletes have a massive selfish streak and it often hurts their team. dre bly proved that much yesterday.

so andre johnson dosent do that..so what category do you put him in.he is a modern black athlete and he isnt selfish...so that blows your theory out of the water right

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
the streak of selfishness is not all encompassing, i never said every black athlete, you chose to make it a blanket statement. 

Bryant Young never did one selfish thing in his career, he epitomizes everything that is right with the modern black athlete.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »
Bly briefly took Singletary’s podium spot, issuing an apology for the Deion Sanders-esque pose that he struck during an interception return and his postgame comments on the play.  Falcons WR Roddy White forced a fumble during the return in which Bly brought his right hand up to his helmet and carried the ball loosely in his left, reminiscent of Sanders’ return celebrations. The Falcons recovered the loose ball.

During his postgame explanation, Bly refused to admit that he did anything wrong. But after reviewing the play overnight, Bly changed his mind and went to Singletary to apologize. Bly then did the same publicly.

“I want to come to you all [and] publicly apologize for yesterday,” Bly said. “My comments were totally, totally inappropriate. I apologized to coach. I’m not a selfish guy. I didn’t mean to embarrass him if I did, embarrass my team, embarrass the ownership, embarrass the fans. I’m a prideful guy. I like to have fun. It was totally inappropriate. I got caught up in the moment, and it was wrong.”

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
Bly briefly took Singletary’s podium spot, issuing an apology for the Deion Sanders-esque pose that he struck during an interception return and his postgame comments on the play.  Falcons WR Roddy White forced a fumble during the return in which Bly brought his right hand up to his helmet and carried the ball loosely in his left, reminiscent of Sanders’ return celebrations. The Falcons recovered the loose ball.

During his postgame explanation, Bly refused to admit that he did anything wrong. But after reviewing the play overnight, Bly changed his mind and went to Singletary to apologize. Bly then did the same publicly.

“I want to come to you all [and] publicly apologize for yesterday,” Bly said. “My comments were totally, totally inappropriate. I apologized to coach. I’m not a selfish guy. I didn’t mean to embarrass him if I did, embarrass my team, embarrass the ownership, embarrass the fans. I’m a prideful guy. I like to have fun. It was totally inappropriate. I got caught up in the moment, and it was wrong.”

Now that the evidence was undeniable, it was either look like a jackass or apologize.   

He should have never tried to go hollywood in the first place.  He might have even scored.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
the streak of selfishness is not all encompassing, i never said every black athlete, you chose to make it a blanket statement. 
Bryant Young never did one selfish thing in his career, he epitomizes everything that is right with the modern black athlete.

yea, that matches the thread title... ::)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

;)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
Brandon Walker (Tx. Tech's OT and Lauranitis  epitomezes whats wrog with the white ones.  Spiikes and mohakwks
((-::

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »
Brandon Walker (Tx. Tech's OT and Lauranitis  epitomezes whats wrog with the white ones.  Spiikes and mohakwks

don't forget barbed wire tats  ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 08:24:05 AM »
don't forget barbed wire tats  ;D

go lakers

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
go lakers

boo, its all about lebron and shaq (because my warriors are too pathetic to even watch).

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »
boo, its all about lebron and shaq (because my warriors are too pathetic to even watch).

they lost...my friend is a warriors fan...he is gonna die of high blood pressure...

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
they lost...my friend is a warriors fan...he is gonna die of high blood pressure...
Well I'm a Laker fan and that ain't no picnic either.   Yeah we have titles but fans like me want the title every year.   It IS sad though that Mbenga has more rings than Barkley!!!!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »

they are such a  pathetic organization.  chris cohan is a moron.  he fired chris mullin, the guy who brought them back from the dead, for a bunch of retarded jackasses. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
Terrance Newman has a new dance but until he takes one home we will never see it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
they are such a  pathetic organization.  chris cohan is a moron.  he fired chris mullin, the guy who brought them back from the dead, for a bunch of retarded jackasses. 

One way to be a star in the NBA is to play for the warriors first then get traded.  >:(