Author Topic: Awaken Health & Fitness  (Read 4777 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: Awaken Health & Fitness
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »
I take back that window statement.  After looking at the front it isn't as bad as I thought.  But, regardless if Goodrum has anything to do with this gym or if the owner lets him train there it is destined for failure.  Can you imagine walking into this "hardcore" gym and having Goodrum walk up to you and say he is a personal trainer, in that slow moronic voice he has coupled with that skinny fat body and dumb look on his face.  People are going to think they are on Candid Camera or something.
No Worries 4 me

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »
wow man so excited that this gym is opening up!!

why do we care again?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
I take back that window statement.  After looking at the front it isn't as bad as I thought.  But, regardless if Goodrum has anything to do with this gym or if the owner lets him train there it is destined for failure.  Can you imagine walking into this "hardcore" gym and having Goodrum walk up to you and say he is a personal trainer, in that slow moronic voice he has coupled with that skinny fat body and dumb look on his face.  People are going to think they are on Candid Camera or something.

I'm not a personal trainer there and I'm only there in the capacity of a member.  My clients are not near the area where its open at.  However, I was wrong about the gym opening tommorrow and it will officially open in 3 weeks as more equipment is being brought in so I won't be taking any pictures until the website and gym is all set.  However, I did get an early opt-in and worked out there today.  He's got the full compliment of Startrac machines and cardio and the freeweights, bench stations, and powerlifting sections are York Barbell.  The Startrac equipment is multi-purpose to save space and the main area is the free-weight section like it should be in the first place.    

Its simple, its functional, and he did it right way and his way.  He's already got plenty of members all signed up, his equipment is covered, and since he has no franchise fees to put up with, he's in the right position to make a decent buck.  

Thats all I gotta say, gotta respect someone who's put together a no BS gym where you train to get in shape, not to goof off. 

A

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 11:36:20 AM »
vince,
you are what is called a "Gym nerd" which is akin to a gym rat except gym rats tend to work out alittle

you walk around and give unsolicited advice to people all the while the actual gym staff know that you are a huge tool and talk about how much of a tool you are behind your back.

EVERY GYM has one

I know this cuz since my legit job is working as a certified personal trainer (certified under the American College of Sports Medicine- not some "institution" that advertises in the back of Muscle and Fitness and Flex) and i've been profiling your type for several years at the gyms i've worked at/worked out at

please, stop annoying other members or , at least, keep it to the elderly ones who are happy that someone at least talks to them

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
vince,
you are what is called a "Gym nerd" which is akin to a gym rat except gym rats tend to work out alittle

you walk around and give unsolicited advice to people all the while the actual gym staff know that you are a huge tool and talk about how much of a tool you are behind your back.

EVERY GYM has one

I know this cuz since my legit job is working as a certified personal trainer (certified under the American College of Sports Medicine- not some "institution" that advertises in the back of Muscle and Fitness and Flex) and i've been profiling your type for several years at the gyms i've worked at/worked out at

please, stop annoying other members or , at least, keep it to the elderly ones who are happy that someone at least talks to them

Sorry I don't think Stonebridge College or Ashworth University is in the back of any magazine.  I'm happy with my Fitness Diploma that's actually RECOGNIZED by the US Dept of Education rather than the ACSM which is although its one of the most rigorous course you can take, its still has the same standing as an ACE, ISSA, or American Muscle & Fitness Institute PT certification.

Even ignoring that, it doesn't matter what you have on a sheepskin but what you do with it and I've made a good living in personal training and fitness.

Congratulations on your ACSM certification but seriously its not like you went to a real college to get it bro.   

P.S.  I wear a headset and use an IPOD along with a busy schedule, don't have much time to talk to people
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
Again, where is the gym located?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »

Sorry I don't think Stonebridge College or Ashworth University is in the back of any magazine.  I'm happy with my Fitness Diploma that's actually RECOGNIZED by the US Dept of Education rather than the ACSM which is although its one of the most rigorous course you can take, its still has the same standing as an ACE, ISSA, or American Muscle & Fitness Institute PT certification.

Even ignoring that, it doesn't matter what you have on a sheepskin but what you do with it and I've made a good living in personal training and fitness.

Congratulations on your ACSM certification but seriously its not like you went to a real college to get it bro.   

P.S.  I wear a headset and use an IPOD along with a busy schedule, don't have much time to talk to people

you are still a gym nerd who annoys people

stop flirting with the girl at the front desk- she is only patronizing you

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
Thats where Billy Guns works out

flex1

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 02:55:41 PM »
i truly believe hardcore will make a big comeback in this economy. you all are welcomed to check out my gym "flex gym" in wisconsin anytime. we run on a pretty cool atmosphere. everyone talks to each other not alot of ipods  and no cliques(?). just train!

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »
Hahahah that gym looks like shit. What "hardcore lifter" would want to workout at a "Awaken Fitness"  ::) You must be marketing it to post menopausal overweight women, who have no desire to look good and look like shitl, like yourself.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »

Time the Fuck Out.  Are you telling me you didn't go to a REAL college but an ONLINE COLLEGE.  Holy fucking shit!!!!!!!!!  I bet you anything people must laugh their fucking asses off when you push those credentials on them.  No way do you actually tell people about those unreal credentials you have.  Goodrum I swear to god you have to be some escaped mental patient from somewhere.  No way in the world can you be someone's kid and allowed out in the real world.  Those so-called credentials you have would not be accepted at any major gym chain.  Do you even research anything you do.  I swear you would be very dangerous to be in business with.  I may be fat (not as fat now) but I know how to do my due diligence.  I may not have opend my gym but that is because we were smart.  If we opened we would have flushed $5+ million down the drain.  At least we barely spent $50,000.
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »
i truly believe hardcore will make a big comeback in this economy. you all are welcomed to check out my gym "flex gym" in wisconsin anytime. we run on a pretty cool atmosphere. everyone talks to each other not alot of ipods  and no cliques(?). just train!

Hardcore gyms can make it if they provide ancillary profit centers too.  With rent, high energy costs, insurance, workmen's comp, equipment lease payments, maintenance, salaries, security, and other costs a gym can be very costly.  It is almost impossible to survive solely on membership dues.  I grew up in hardcore gyms but back in the 70s and 80's things were alot simplier.  The memberships were kept on 3 x 5 card in a shoe box.  Nowadays there is just so many costs that aren't anticipated.  My big gym I was working on had everything in place. I had a dream team from management that were the best in the industry proven by their past successes.  My financial adviser worked for one of the biggest Hedge Fund companies in the world.  We were going 100% solar to save on energy costs.  That alone cost $375,000 before all the rebates and credits.  I spent a year and a half putting it all together. It's to bad it didn't go but it was out of my hands.  The economy hit shit and everyone said it wasn't time.  Oh well gotta move on
No Worries 4 me

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
Time the Fuck Out.  Are you telling me you didn't go to a REAL college but an ONLINE COLLEGE.  Holy fucking shit!!!!!!!!!  I bet you anything people must laugh their fucking asses off when you push those credentials on them.  No way do you actually tell people about those unreal credentials you have.  Goodrum I swear to god you have to be some escaped mental patient from somewhere.  No way in the world can you be someone's kid and allowed out in the real world.  Those so-called credentials you have would not be accepted at any major gym chain.  Do you even research anything you do.  I swear you would be very dangerous to be in business with.  I may be fat (not as fat now) but I know how to do my due diligence.  I may not have opend my gym but that is because we were smart.  If we opened we would have flushed $5+ million down the drain.  At least we barely spent $50,000.

So what, as long as its approved by the D.O.E., its the same as if I walked into campus and listened to some professor.  While I do feel that credentials are important, I don't think its worth staying on campus and going to classes as I did when I was studying Engineering.  

Its a personal trainer cert, not a Bachelors or Master's Degree.  And I've never had a problem with any gym accepting my credentials but then again I don't work for major chains anymore.  I run an independent training business because I would like to make money for myself, not for the gym owner who's too lazy to sell memberships.. ::)
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 04:16:12 PM »
What happened to your PhD in metaphysics? That impressed everyone on Getbig. Don't be modest, Melvin, not everyone has an IQ of 131 and has a PhD.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
What happened to your PhD in metaphysics? That impressed everyone on Getbig. Don't be modest, Melvin, not everyone has an IQ of 131 and has a PhD.

Who the hell dug you out of the grave? Or did your national health care start paying for your GB addiction?
You Can't Do It!!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 06:13:43 AM »
it is the kind of name that means people will 'wake up, smell the coffee, and get the fuck outta there!

LOL yes destined to fail

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »
Where is this gym located?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 06:30:09 AM »
Time the Fuck Out.  Are you telling me you didn't go to a REAL college but an ONLINE COLLEGE.  Holy fucking shit!!!!!!!!!  I bet you anything people must laugh their fucking asses off when you push those credentials on them.  No way do you actually tell people about those unreal credentials you have.  Goodrum I swear to god you have to be some escaped mental patient from somewhere.  No way in the world can you be someone's kid and allowed out in the real world.  Those so-called credentials you have would not be accepted at any major gym chain.  Do you even research anything you do.  I swear you would be very dangerous to be in business with.  I may be fat (not as fat now) but I know how to do my due diligence.  I may not have opend my gym but that is because we were smart.  If we opened we would have flushed $5+ million down the drain.  At least we barely spent $50,000.
Funniest but truest thing i've ever read on getbig

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »
you are still a gym nerd who annoys people

stop flirting with the girl at the front desk- she hispanic towel boy - he is only patronizing you

Fixed

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Vince you missed my question.

What do DB's go up to etc?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »

He probably thought you were calling him a dumbbell s he ignored you
No Worries 4 me

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
hey vince is it a 24/7 keytag access gym? that is the way to go in smaller gyms its a good selling point...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2009, 05:10:33 PM »

Right now, only 100.  The gym doesn't open for another 2 weeks as he's getting the rest of his equipment in.
A

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
i fail to see the point of this stupid thread.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »
Where is the gym located?