Author Topic: fat control when using insulin  (Read 11041 times)

lesaucer

Re: fat control when using insulin
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Very true. The most food I ever ate, when I was really trying to bulk up as much as I could, I ate a diet of nothing but carbs and proteins, that was the fattest I ever got. The bulk of my diet consisted of:

egg whites
whey protein, mixed with milk
tuna fish
chicken
oats
rice
sweet potatoes
whole wheat bread
...and 1tbsp of peanut butter each night with my shake before bed.

I ate very little red meat...maybe 1 steak per wk if that and nothing with added fats, no junk food, was running a good cycle of test and deca and GH.

I got pretty strong eating like this and packed on a ton of size. I was eating appx 6,000 calories per day, weighed almost 240. My BF went up too, way beyond what is acceptable IMO. I have no idea what the percentage of fat was, never checked it but I didn't have to, I could look in the mirror and tell I had gotten too fat.

definitely those fat containing foods that made you fatter  ::) ::) ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 11:29:43 PM »

Yep, that's what did it, lol!

Something else to keep in mind when it comes to this topic of calories in...if I ate 6,000 calories per day now, say for a period of 6 months, I am 100% positive I wouldn't get as fat as I did then. Not because I'm so much more bad ass, but because I have more lean muscle tissue on my frame than I did then and can burn more calories. No, even now I don't have any business eating that many calories per day but the overall point is I could get away with more but thankfully I'm not as young and dumb as I once was.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »

you missed oats, wheat bread, and whey protein.   

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:26 AM »
Funny how nobody mentions Lipase...

lesaucer

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
you missed oats, wheat bread, and whey protein.   

so youre saying that to not get fat on a big calories diet you would have to eat egg whites and drink gatorade all day??

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
so youre saying that to not get fat on a big calories diet you would have to eat egg whites and drink gatorade all day??
no gatorade is horrible, fructose is basically saturated fat.... since humans have a very low capacity for it in the liver, and all excess immmidietly gets changed into tryglecerides (saturated fats)...drinking gatorade is similar to drinking a dextrose/butter shake...

lesaucer

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
gatorade powder dont have frustose in it

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
gatorade powder dont have frustose in it
show me one gatorade without half of its carbs that are fructose. ive never seen one.

lesaucer

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
http://www.ehow.com/about_5379287_gatorade-powder-ingredients.html

and i have 2 jar at home none say it contains fructose, tried to take a pic with cell but cant see the words

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 10:15:28 AM »
thats becaus eyour not understanding that SUCROSE is a sugar made up of half glucose and half fructose.

lesaucer

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
o really,lol

lesaucer

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
no gatorade is horrible, fructose is basically saturated fat.... since humans have a very low capacity for it in the liver, and all excess immmidietly gets changed into tryglecerides (saturated fats)...drinking gatorade is similar to drinking a dextrose/butter shake...

fructose is the type of sugar in fruits right?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 02:36:10 PM »

Not forgetting to mention the fact that under a capable microscope, a molecule of fructose looks nearly identical to a triglyceride molecule. The body automatically stores it as fat when the liver stores are already full... which is more often than not.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
fructose is the type of sugar in fruits right?
most fruits are roughly half fructose and half glucose.

lesaucer

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »
holy shit so eating too much fruits= automatic fat storage? damn how much grams of fructose until liver stores are full??

man i didnt know sucralose or fructose= fat gains, i tought it was just normal sugar carbs like dextrose but just didnt get absorbed as fast...fuckfuckfkfuckfcf kcufkuu

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »
holy shit so eating too much fruits= automatic fat storage? damn how much grams of fructose until liver stores are full??

man i didnt know sucralose or fructose= fat gains, i tought it was just normal sugar carbs like dextrose but just didnt get absorbed as fast...fuckfuckfkfuckfcf kcufkuu
well i believe the liver has a glyocgen capacity of around 100grams. so if your liver was completely drained of glycogen, then you could eat up to 100grams of fructose, or 200grams of carbs from fruits, before turning fructose into fat.

now, fructose immidietly transfers into fat when there is an excess, however that doesnt necessarily mena it will also cause fat storeage. just like eating saturated  fats dont automatically mean there will be fat storeage. but if insulin is elevated in the presence of fat, then yes there will be automatic fat storeage. and when fructose is abundant, usually glucose is too, so most often times fructose goes straight to fat (since most often times insulin is high when furctose is consumed in excess.)

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »
tbombz i usually put bananas in my shakes but now that I know this i might change it... would 500ml skim milk, 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey be better than 250ml skim milk, 1/2 cup oats, 2 bananas, 2 scoops whey?

lesaucer

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
well i believe the liver has a glyocgen capacity of around 100grams. so if your liver was completely drained of glycogen, then you could eat up to 100grams of fructose, or 200grams of carbs from fruits, before turning fructose into fat.

now, fructose immidietly transfers into fat when there is an excess, however that doesnt necessarily mena it will also cause fat storeage. just like eating saturated  fats dont automatically mean there will be fat storeage. but if insulin is elevated in the presence of fat, then yes there will be automatic fat storeage. and when fructose is abundant, usually glucose is too, so most often times fructose goes straight to fat (since most often times insulin is high when furctose is consumed in excess.)

for example if you drink 200g of carbs from dextrose...than eat 90g of fructose from fruits.. as long as liver fructose capacity is not full (100g), your okay, right?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »
tbombz i usually put bananas in my shakes but now that I know this i might change it... would 500ml skim milk, 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey be better than 250ml skim milk, 1/2 cup oats, 2 bananas, 2 scoops whey?

you dont need all that protein dude. but yes i think youd be better off with moremilk and oats and taking out the banana.

you still want to consume veggies though, or small amounts of fruit. its important to try to mainatin a balance in your diet between acidic and alkaline foods. acidic= pretty much everything besides fruits and veggies, fruits and veggies are alkaline.

how about carrot juice + oats+ whey?  one scoop whey + 1 cup oats plus carrot juice..   i like carrots cuz they are very low in fructose high in glucose very good for alkalinity and also have vitamin K (? i think)..well one of the viatmins not found in mnay other foods..

skim milk is great though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »
for example if you drink 200g of carbs from dextrose...than eat 90g of fructose from fruits.. as long as liver fructose capacity is not full (100g), your okay, right?
yes but your liver is almost always near full when your eating lots of carbs, whether they be fructos eor glucose.  so be careful with fructose.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
you dont need all that protein dude. but yes i think youd be better off with moremilk and oats and taking out the banana.

you still want to consume veggies though, or small amounts of fruit. its important to try to mainatin a balance in your diet between acidic and alkaline foods. acidic= pretty much everything besides fruits and veggies, fruits and veggies are alkaline.

how about carrot juice + oats+ whey?  one scoop whey + 1 cup oats plus carrot juice..   i like carrots cuz they are very low in fructose high in glucose very good for alkalinity and also have vitamin K (? i think)..well one of the viatmins not found in mnay other foods..

skim milk is great though.

Ok, cool. How come only 1 scoop whey? I usually do 4 whole food protein meals(eggwhites, chicken, steak) and 2 whey shakes... is 50g whey too much for the body to use at one time?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
Ok, cool. How come only 1 scoop whey? I usually do 4 whole food protein meals(eggwhites, chicken, steak) and 2 whey shakes... is 50g whey too much for the body to use at one time?
what do you mean by "use" ?  50grams is way more than needed to get optimal results.. as far as whey protein is concerned, you only need about 2.5 grams every 20 minutes to maximize growth... (im using that number specifically, as its from a protein metabolism study).. and a total intake of about 1.5 to 2 grams per kilogram of lean bodyweight.. so if you have 200 lbs of lean body weight..meaning you can compete at 200+... then you only need about 150-200grams protein per day total to maximize growth...  anything more than that wont help you gain any better... unless carbohydrate intake is very low..

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
what do you mean by "use" ?  50grams is way more than needed to get optimal results.. as far as whey protein is concerned, you only need about 2.5 grams every 20 minutes to maximize growth... (im using that number specifically, as its from a protein metabolism study).. and a total intake of about 1.5 to 2 grams per kilogram of lean bodyweight.. so if you have 200 lbs of lean body weight..meaning you can compete at 200+... then you only need about 150-200grams protein per day total to maximize growth...  anything more than that wont help you gain any better... unless carbohydrate intake is very low..

By "use" I just meant will the body use it for muscle growth or will half of it be wasted. I could compete at 180 5'8 so i'd only need about 250g per day then right?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
By "use" I just meant will the body use it for muscle growth or will half of it be wasted. I could compete at 180 5'8 so i'd only need about 250g per day then right?

180 lbs= roughly 81 kilos.

1.5 to 2 grams per kilo

81 X 2 = 162 grams per day

and thats high end. but assuming good carb intake.

lesaucer

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »

unless you are chemically enhanced.. riiiight?