Author Topic: Brains really do matter in politics  (Read 6573 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Brains really do matter in politics
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »
it's sad.  you guys have to defend her.  you can't just say 'sure, she's not all that bright, but we have plenty of brilliant candidates to offer..."

instead, you have to just keep defending her mediocrity.

LOWER

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
it's sad.  you guys have to defend her.  you can't just say 'sure, she's not all that bright, but we have plenty of brilliant candidates to offer..."

Not me. I dont like Palin and I haven't defended her once.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Obama's father was a Muslim from Kenya was he not?

YOU CANT BE HALF OF A RELIGION DUMB SHIT...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
Not me. I dont like Palin and I haven't defended her once.

that's respectable.  I am guessing you'd probably choose another candidate in 2012 in the primaries?

meanwhile, people like 333386 keep on singing "Palin 2012" and I have a good feeling he'd vote for her (again).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

HHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet you defend the idiot in the WH day and night? ?  

Priceless.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »
The thing is the the people who automatically jump to Palin's defense think that they are proving her smartness with their defense, but it is the exact opposite.  They are doing nothing more than proving their dumbness for thinking she is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
that's respectable.  I am guessing you'd probably choose another candidate in 2012 in the primaries?

meanwhile, people like 333386 keep on singing "Palin 2012" and I have a good feeling he'd vote for her (again).

I will vote for anyone other than Obama in 2012.  I dont care if Ms. Cleo runs for president, she has my vote.      

I voted for Romney in the Primary but will not do so again due to his health care mess in MA.  

NO RINOS!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
YOU CANT BE HALF OF A RELIGION DUMB SHIT...

For real.  When will the sillies actual get this part of their failing arguments?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
imagine if Obama had a 2.2 high school GPA and had attended 5 colleges.

imagine if he had been a sports news journalist, then sat home for 10 years raising babies who ended up being teenage parents and dropouts.

imagine if he was mayor for 1 term and governor for 18 months.

Then imagine if he had the audacity to tell america he was prepared to be president.

jaws would drop.  And 33 and friends would be howling with laughter.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 12:17:57 PM »
For real.  When will the sillies actual get this part of their failing arguments?

LOL instead of saying "my bad" this asshole defends his posting of "half muslim" Are you shittin me...dude that like me saying im "half christian" WTF...jesus h christ..some people shouldnt be allowed to vote

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
imagine if Obama had a 2.2 high school GPA and had attended 5 colleges.

imagine if he had been a sports news journalist, then sat home for 10 years raising babies who ended up being teenage parents and dropouts.

imagine if he was mayor for 1 term and governor for 18 months.

Then imagine if he had the audacity to tell america he was prepared to be president.

jaws would drop.  And 33 and friends would be howling with laughter.

Not if he were pushing free market, pro-growth policies, drilling our own energy. 

Instead we have a Goldman Sachs puppet pushing marxism-lite who never held a job in his life before.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »
This thread just re-enforces my belief that we have created a ruling class in America. You don't have to have a lick of common sense, actually be successful in any buisness. All you need is a piece of paper that says Harvard or Yale on it and you are smarter than everyone else.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 12:32:08 PM »
This thread just re-enforces my belief that we have created a ruling class in America. You don't have to have a lick of common sense, actually be successful in any buisness. All you need is a piece of paper that says Harvard or Yale on it and you are smarter than everyone else.

QQQFFFTTT.

Obama & Bush are proof that Ivy League education does not = brilliance. 

I know people who never went to college that run large construction firms in NYC that forgot more common sense, knowledge of economics, business, etc, than Obama will ever hope to know. 

They dont stammer, stutter, and fall all over themselves when discussing most topics because they have EXPERIENCE is dealing with actual real life issues. 

Instead, we have the Nutty Professor as president who has no clue even how to run a lemonade stand lecturing the rest of us on issues he has never even dealt with himself. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
Jimmy Carter had a single degree and went to 3 Universities.

Yet now education level is paramount. Whatever.

how come we don't have a bunch of people with Doctorates from Harvard and Cornell as President.
It simple education level is only one part of character and it speaks less about intelligence then about drive.

I know many smart people that own their businesses that never went to University again it was their drive in business that caused them to succeed.

Politicians are the same, you must be driven to be successful and education although helpful is only a small part of it.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »
QQQFFFTTT.

Obama & Bush are proof that Ivy League education does not = brilliance. 

I know people who never went to college that run large construction firms in NYC that forgot more common sense, knowledge of economics, business, etc, than Obama will ever hope to know. 

They dont stammer, stutter, and fall all over themselves when discussing most topics because they have EXPERIENCE is dealing with actual real life issues. 

Instead, we have the Nutty Professor as president who has no clue even how to run a lemonade stand lecturing the rest of us on issues he has never even dealt with himself. 

You need to get over the Ivy League obsession as you seem to be pretty threatened by it. Palin went to FIVE UNIVERSITIES. 240 phrased it perfectly. The woman is a retard.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »

Truthfully, TF?   It's sad that people go to the lengths at which they do to bash her.  In 2012, if she doesn't run, most of you will still be bashing her.  And for what???  What are you gaining from this hatred, but only to become more bitter?  Is it even worth your efforts?  That's the sad part...

These efforts should be targeted towards our current administration's policy, which is steadily trampling the Constitution...more so than anyone opposed to the Bush administration.  But it's ok, because President Obama is an Ivy-League graduate, and has the gift of speech. 

Don't get me wrong, Ivy-League and gifted-speech are true blessings...but the policies absolutely suck.  Not realistic whatsoever. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 12:43:49 PM »
You need to get over the Ivy League obsession as you seem to be pretty threatened by it. Palin went to FIVE UNIVERSITIES. 240 phrased it perfectly. The woman is a retard.

Ok, she is not a rocket scientist.  I agree.  

However, the knee padders constantly say "Harvard, Harvard, Harvard" as their main defense of Obama when it is plainly clear that going to a certain school is not by itself an indication of a persons' genius.  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »

You keep saying this.  She's not going to be a candidate.  She can't win, and the party knows this.
Y

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
Will we all agree that Matt Drudge is a legitimate blogger with consistent content????

Matt Drudge -- Pundit, blogger and radio personality Matt Drudge is best known as the proprietor of the Drudge Report Web site. "The only good grades I got in school were for current events," he has said of his education. Drudge opted out of college and floated among a number of odd jobs including convenience store clerk, book salesman and grocery store sales assistant.

In 1989, he moved to Los Angeles and took a job in the gift shop of CBS studios, eventually working his way up to manager. The inside scoop he learned while in this position was allegedly part of the inspiration for founding his gossip rag The Drudge Report. The tabloid made gained notoriety when it was the first to break the news of a relationship between White House intern Monica Lewinsky and President Bill Clinton in 1998.

....not a college graduate

and i'm sure there are others.  Take Peter Jennings for instance.  He never graduated from high school.  Go read his obituary and see for yourself.  He was one of the top three nightly news broadcasters in media. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »

Again how is that different then Carter he went to THREE universities and was PRESIDENT.

You don't get a degree from an accredited university or become governor by being an idiot.
There are many reasons to go to multiple universities, money, family and opportunity are the simplest though.

Z

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 01:11:18 PM »
Going Rouge

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
Going Rouge

Do you even know where that phrase came from Mal or do i have to fill in what Madcow & olbermann left out on MSNBC?  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
Again how is that different then Carter he went to THREE universities and was PRESIDENT.

You don't get a degree from an accredited university or become governor by being an idiot.
There are many reasons to go to multiple universities, money, family and opportunity are the simplest though.

Where the hell did you get the idea that I approve of Carter? That guy is a bigger piece of shit than Palin, what with his blind support of terrorism. If that's who you're comparing her to then I don't know what to say. I was never under the assumption that Jimmy Carter was good at anything.  ::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
In 2008, the repubs chose a VP with a BS in journalism from 5 colleges, and a guy who graduated 894th out of 899 in his class for President.  These are facts.  The Dems chose 2 guys with law degrees from prestigious universities.  No matter who you like, these are facts.  Dems were much more educated than the repub candidates.

When shit got hectic *in something as small as an election campaign*, what did the Repubs do?  Think their way out of it?  no, they panicked and came up with lamebrain moves like suspend campaigns and refuse to answer Qs at debates, referring to memorized speeches instead.  On Katie Couric, Palin didn't have the brainpower to outwit a dullard like Couric.  Mccain wasn't much better with his multiple 'senior moments' when his campaign actually admitted Mccain's positions don't match those of his own campaign.  Frankly, they looked stupid.  Smarter people who have responded to these things with smarter moves.  

Obama and Biden, somehow, were smart enough to just not fck things up.  Prrof is in the pudding, and the election was a landslide.

The point of this drivel?
GOP: Please run a brilliant candidate in 2012.  Give Obama a run for his money.  Don't settle for a good-looking person with normal brains or a experience likeable guy who isn't all that alert.  Choose someone who can handle stressful situations - and handle them well.

You settle for someone with second-tier brain who looks good in a tight shirt holding a rifle, and when the election (or God forbid the actual job as President) gets tough, she will most likely do what she did during tough times before - stammer, repeat a canned speech or wose - quit.
After you guys see the names on this list (let's start with Abraham Lincoln, arguably our greatest president), this theory that Brains = Great Politics is blown out of the water.  Karl Rove is on this list, as is JFK (and his wife), Steve Jobs....the list goes on.

collegedropoutshalloffame.com