Author Topic: Jerry Lawler collapses during RAW  (Read 4878 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Jerry Lawler collapses during RAW
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:34 PM »
Jerry Lawler collapsed during commentary during the Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Titus O'Neil & Darren Young match.

Michael Cole and Lawler both went silent on commentary and several fans at ringside looked concerned. Cole resumed commentary after a few minutes but it was clear he was shaken up. Paramedics were attending to Lawler at ringside before the commercial.

Michael Cole updated to say that Lawler was receiving CPR backstage, and then that he had been taken to a nearby medical facility where he was breathing on his own again.

:(

Earlier in the night, Lawler had competed in a tag match.

Commentary was dropped for the rest of the RAW show.

I'll keep an eye out for further updates, but I sincerely hope he's OK.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Jerry Lawler collapses during RAW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Cole just gave another update to say that his situation had stabilised, and that he was awaiting a CAT scan.

Some Twitter posts about this:

Jim Ross, WWE Hall of Famer and former Broadcast Partner of Lawler's

"I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless."

The Iron Sheik, WWE Hall of Famer

"God bless the Jerry Lawler I love him forever."

Matt Hardy, Former WWE Superstar

"Just heard the news about Jerry Lawler's health scare, he's in my thoughts & my fingers are crossed for him."

Shawn Michaels, WWE Hall of Famer

"I've just heard about Jerry Lawler!! Time for prayer everybody!! We're here for you King, God Bless!!"

Diamond Dallas Page, Former WCW World Champion and WWE Superstar

"Stay Strong KING @JerryLawler my prayers are with you bro @RealDDP."

Todd Grisham, Former WWE Announcer and current ESPN Anchor

"Jerry Lawler was one of the nicest people I worked with @wwe.A great guy and good friend. I hope he pulls through ok.My prayers are with him."

Mick Foley, Former WWE Champion

"Hang in there King. Pulling and praying for @JerryLawler."

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
Hope things turn out well.  Judging by the tweets, he is a pretty well liked guy in the business.  That's cool.  Nice to see some positive vibes vs. all the shit talking that is usually thrown out by wrasslers. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »
Been following this ALL night... I hope he's ok... Such a scary thing.

Supposedly he was "officially dead" for awhile. I truly hope he is ok.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 03:41:13 AM »
Heard he is OK now... When I went to sleep, he was in the tag match with Orton, Punk, etc...
A bit shocked when I woke up and read this.. Get well King!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 03:17:04 PM »
Story made our local news here.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
It was most likely brought on by the boredom of the current wrestling product....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
It was most likely brought on by the boredom of the current wrestling product....

LOL!!

I'd be very surprised if the old man ever let him in the ring again for a match. I'm sure he wouldn't like the kind of attention one/another of his talent perishing in the ring would garner.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
people would stfu about owen hart if lawler died in the ring

totally worth it

I never met Owen, but he sounded like a good egg.

He was a good worker with a solid style, and he was a part of some excellent matches. But, I can't help but feel that he has been a little "glorified" as a result of his unfortunate accident. This is a common occurrance when someone meets an untimely demise, and not just with celebrities. Owen was good, which we are reminded of (a lot), but he also was responsible for Steve Austin's career-shortening neck injury, which conveniently, is seldom mentioned by many "fans."

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

I never met Owen, but he sounded like a good egg.

He was a good worker with a solid style, and he was a part of some excellent matches. But, I can't help but feel that he has been a little "glorified" as a result of his unfortunate accident. This is a common occurrance when someone meets an untimely demise, and not just with celebrities. Owen was good, which we are reminded of (a lot), but he also was responsible for Steve Austin's career-shortening neck injury, which conveniently, is seldom mentioned by many "fans."

just my opinion ,but i always thought owen hart was the better in ring performer over his brother bret never saw bret's appeal his moves were subpar compared to most of the era.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
just my opinion ,but i always thought owen hart was the better in ring performer over his brother bret never saw bret's appeal his moves were subpar compared to most of the era.

Oh, I agree that Owen was a good worker. I just feel that his status has been a bit embellished as a result of his death.