Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159718 times)

cobra_4

• Getbig II
Re: TNA...Hogan...New Monday Night Wars...Updates:
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
Hmmmmm interesting angle with Lashley. Getting good heat though. One thing is for sure he needs a mouth piece because he sounds like a queer.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
WOW, Im impressed, tease the NWO angle, but then set the record straight that it won't be that way. Now who was in the limo? Was that bishoff? Or someone else. What does Flair do?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
Jeff Hardy
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
Scott Hall
Sucks Pac
Eric Bishoff
Val Venis
Pretty impressive so far. Hopefully more suprises are in store.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
The Nasty Boys, I figured more people would be on here to discuss tonight ???

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
Add Orlando Jordan

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
Been switching back & forth while doing some things around the house.
Not bad overall.

Who would you say has the stronger show - the blond, roided Wilford Brimley or Canadian Cankles?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
I was watching TNA just now.
An exacerbated Mike Tenay (who I really like) was frantically proclaiming that, “Due to Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff’s influence and negotiations, we are going to stay with this championship match until it’s over. We’re not going ANYWHERE!”

Less than one full second after Tenay completed that statement Spike cut to commercial.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »
TNA was good. Angle vs Styles was off the freakin' hook. Very STIFF match. You tease with Flair for next week. You tease the NWO angle. New tallent. TNA is rolling right now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
What I saw of the Angle/Styles match was better than good, and Hogan’s comments afterwards may have been a work, but could easily have been a shoot.
I remember seeing Styles at some indie bookings about 5 yrs. ago and being in awe. He was a really nice guy backstage, and I’m extremely happy for him to have made it this far. He deserves every bit.

Hall looked a lot better than the last time I saw him.
I remember when he was on his tirade about putting TNA out of business, etc. I always wondered what his buddy Nash thought of that.

Looks like they definitely left the door open for Bret to do some more work.
I thought WWE had the weaker ending to their show.

While I was more of a student than a mark by the height of the Monday Night Wars, I will admit to looking forward to switching back & forth between TNT & USA with the same anticipation and enthusiasm a mark would have.
While tonight took me nowhere near to revisiting that era, I will admit it was a little cool to be able to flip channels between Hulkster/co. & Hitman/co.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »
I thought that Raw wasn't that great last night, they made a big thing of Bret's return, then just had a big love fest until Vince kicked him.  They could have done a lot more with it, I can understand them getting Shawn to apologise, because they want to keep him face, but it would have been better viewing for HBK to come out and say "I didn't like you back then, I still don't like you now..."  I hope this angle gets better over the next few weeks.

As for TNA, I'm looking forward to watching that when it airs on Saturday.  From the names being mentioned on here, it sounds like a lot more happened than on Raw.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:38 AM »
I thought that Raw wasn't that great last night, they made a big thing of Bret's return, then just had a big love fest until Vince kicked him.  They could have done a lot more with it, I can understand them getting Shawn to apologise, because they want to keep him face, but it would have been better viewing for HBK to come out and say "I didn't like you back then, I still don't like you now..."  I hope this angle gets better over the next few weeks.

As for TNA, I'm looking forward to watching that when it airs on Saturday.  From the names being mentioned on here, it sounds like a lot more happened than on Raw.
I thought it was amazing. Bret got a sick ovation and there were tons of signs and to my surprise quite a few Canadian flags in the crowd even though Raw was in Ohio. People forget that Wrestling is just a big storyline. Bret was only booed in the states back then because he was doint the anti-american / pro-canadian angle which IMO was stupid. I expected him and michaels to mend their ways. Interesting to see were this goes from here. Next week Mike Tyson is the guest GM.

TNA had a lot of unexpected guys show up. Flair & Hardy to my surprise. Angle & A.J.Styles put on a great match. Good stuff. Should be good.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »

I thought it was amazing. Bret got a sick ovation and there were tons of signs and to my surprise quite a few Canadian flags in the crowd even though Raw was in Ohio. People forget that Wrestling is just a big storyline. Bret was only booed in the states back then because he was doint the anti-american / pro-canadian angle which IMO was stupid. I expected him and michaels to mend their ways. Interesting to see were this goes from here. Next week Mike Tyson is the guest GM.

TNA had a lot of unexpected guys show up. Flair & Hardy to my surprise. Angle & A.J.Styles put on a great match. Good stuff. Should be good.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »

tna=the first match should have been better when the shots were from outside the cage you could hardly see the action, inside camera was good, match ended up lame  fans yelling bullshit till they got muted , thankfully jeff hardy came out could have been done better. women's title match was too short odb still way over the top. lame cameos by  a bunch of has-beens. too many commercials at wrong times . they would come back for ten seconds and than go to another commercial why bother. pope wolf match was very good don't really like wolf's look but he's the new karl gotch. women's tag team match also very good serita and hamada are great. lashly angle lame, his wife sucks. angle and aj match also very good. styles is amazing too bad he's small and lacks mike skills. bischoff still sucks. the one thing they could have done but shied away from was opening up the old real feud between scott steiner and ric flair. steiner mysteriousely was no where to be found. and come on no shark boy????????
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »
the one thing they could have done but shied away from was opening up the old real feud between scott steiner and ric flair. steiner mysteriousely was no where to be found.

So they didn't use Steiner at all, then?
I thought I just must have missed it.

Interesting...

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »
That is interesting. Especially considering he had been getting some decent on air time with his fued against Lashley.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
That is interesting. Especially considering he had been getting some decent on air time with his fued against Lashley.
that's a lot of tna problems they start stuff and seem to forget their own storylines. they had a black machimso legends challenge, first week they brought out jim the anvil neidhardt he beat  black macho man. then they forgot about it for a few weeks then they brought out tatakunka who also won. no mention of any of this monday night. wrestlers come on only to disappear and never to be seen again. when chris candido died as a result of an accident in a match , they made no mention of it on the show at all. lots of cameos little action, tna= total nonstop action not lately. when the nasty boys showed up and trashed 3d lockerroom was that setting up a future feud, unlikely.
F

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 04:53:49 AM »
No pretty sure we will see the Nasty Boys vs Dudleys at the ppv which I think is pretty cool.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »
that's a lot of tna problems they start stuff and seem to forget their own storylines. they had a black machimso legends challenge, first week they brought out jim the anvil neidhardt he beat  black macho man. then they forgot about it for a few weeks then they brought out tatakunka who also won. no mention of any of this monday night. wrestlers come on only to disappear and never to be seen again. when chris candido died as a result of an accident in a match , they made no mention of it on the show at all. lots of cameos little action, tna= total nonstop action not lately. when the nasty boys showed up and trashed 3d lockerroom was that setting up a future feud, unlikely.

Caught some of the replay, last night. My overall impression was that it was too busy. Every two minutes there was another storyline. Jeff Hardy, The Nasty Boys, Hall and Waltman, Flair,  Rhino lying on the floor, Jarrett, Foley. I didn't catch the whole show, so I probably missed a few. As you say, most of these lines won't be developed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
It seemed that way to me as well – especially for such a long broadcast.

I suspect they wanted to expose as much of their talent as possible to first time viewers, in addition to seeing which angles might be the wisest to develop based on things like crowd reaction & ratings.

Although I’m sure the ratings "study" was skewed when people no doubt clicked over to see the Hitman during his entrance and the last few minutes of the show.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »
It seemed that way to me as well – especially for such a long broadcast.

I suspect they wanted to expose as much of their talent as possible to first time viewers, in addition to seeing which angles might be the wisest to develop based on things like crowd reaction & ratings.

Although I’m sure the ratings "study" was skewed when people no doubt clicked over to see the Hitman during his entrance and the last few minutes of the show.

Wow....there is a couple of novel ideas, huh?   :D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
Well...
It's better than the last big idea WCW had.
 ;)

I don't know.
Maybe this Dixie "chick" has a solid business plan.
So long as she doesn't leave ALL of the operations in the hands of others.

I still suspect that if Teddy had taken a more any kind of hands-on approach, maybe he would have noticed his former company's nosedive and been able to take action.

I wonder what Turner's like to work for.
I mean, you'd think that someone would have swung by his office to say, "Hey, boss! Have you read Meltzer's latest columns seen WCW's ratings for the last 6 months?"

Maybe Ted's not the type of guy you can approach.
On the other hand, Vince's phone is opened to EVERY ONE OF HIS PEOPLE 24/7.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
Well...
It's better than the last big idea WCW had.
 ;)

I wasn't being sarcastic....its just that both of those ideas are just so simple, but effective.  And the tried and true way a wrestling promotion should work.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »
^^Positively.

I'm just very cynical and harsh when criticizing WCW.
A hillbilly company blowing all that money on mostly people who were very lucky to even have a job in the industry.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
^^Positively.

I'm just very cynical and harsh when criticizing WCW.
A hillbilly company blowing all that money on mostly people who were very lucky to even have a job in the industry.

Easy now....when it was a true "hillbilly company" it was fine.  The old NWA, Georgia wrestling, Mid-Atlantic wrestling....Its when the douches took over that it went down the shitter.  Bischoff, Russo, Ed, etc...  We hillbillies know our rasslin'.   ;D ;)