Author Topic: Sightings of savage gym warriors in their natural habitats  (Read 2618 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Sightings of savage gym warriors in their natural habitats
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
This is the thread for sharing your stories of savage beasts who you encounter in your gym that you most surely would not want to mess with.  I go to two gyms and usually encounter at least one such individual on a daily basis.

There is a shitty gym in my office's building.  It does not have a lot of equipment but does feature a squat rack and bench and dumbells up to 100, only costs $80 a year, and is convenient when I don't want to trek over to the Gold's in town.  Usually it is sparsely attended, but this semester they lowered the dues by quite a bit, which has ushered in a whole new wave of jackasses.  

Today I witnessed the hardest core of gym warriors here.  5'8", 150, smear-on tan with wifebeater and spiked hair, ravaging his pecs with a set of 45-lb DB incline presses.  Nothing wrong with this, not everyone is going to be Mr. Olympia and he wasn't screaming obnoxiously or anything as he performed this feat of strength.  He chose afterwards, however, to proclaim how "jacked and pumped" his pancake-like pecs are to his seemingly normal lifting buddy.  This genetically gifted pec-master was evidently also an accomplished cage fighter, as he then initiated a one-sided discussion with his partner on how his "spinning reverse backhand" was his "most powerful strike."  He then compared his strikes to those of an unknown third party, who he claimed required "three punches to equal the power of one of my punches."  He finished this conversation by noting that he is "very fast for how strong I am", which facilitates his remarkable striking power.

This noble savage then performed his second set that he completed during my 45-minute workout, a fiber-severing eights reps of incline flies with the 30s, commented to his buddy on how "ripped" they were both getting, and called it a day!

BanksMcgee

• Getbig II
  • The Mighty Ducks Didn't let Emilio Estevez down!
Re: Sightings of savage gym warriors in their natural habitats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
-BM

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »
I no longer train at a public gym but when i did for the first 16 months of my training i met some noteworthy individuals.

One was an old guy, looked mid 60s, still bleached his hair blonde in the Ric Flair style, he trained legs on the day i trained biceps, same day same time every week, he would load up the 45 degree leg press with about 8 plates either side and do reps with a tiny range of motion. Btw, every plate he put on he slammed on as hard as he could.

everyone who had not observed this activity before would all stop what they were doing to watch his first rep, then after seeing the pathetic ROM immediatly go back to what they were doing.

Also, once i was doing triceps extension with a dumbell and i went close to the mirror while i was doing them to observe my form, he found it hilarious that i had gone closer to the mirror to perform the exercise so he went up behind me and made a retarded face over my shoulder so i could see in the mirror...

He always talked to everyone in the dungeon around him about how "the young kids cant fucking handle it down here" (referring to the free weights area which is downstairs in a dungeon like environment). Yet he benched about the same as them (60kg/135lbsx8).

He bounced the bar so hard on his chest for each rep of the bench press it looked like he was going to crack his brittle old sternum. If he didn't bounce the bar then he only brought it half way down...  a true veteran and warrior of the gym.

Btw everything i just said is 100% true no bullshit, no exaggerations.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »
At least he trained legs!

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
This is the thread for sharing your stories of savage beasts who you encounter in your gym that you most surely would not want to mess with.  I go to two gyms and usually encounter at least one such individual on a daily basis.

There is a shitty gym in my office's building.  It does not have a lot of equipment but does feature a squat rack and bench and dumbells up to 100, only costs $80 a year, and is convenient when I don't want to trek over to the Gold's in town.  Usually it is sparsely attended, but this semester they lowered the dues by quite a bit, which has ushered in a whole new wave of jackasses.  

Today I witnessed the hardest core of gym warriors here.  5'8", 150, smear-on tan with wifebeater and spiked hair, ravaging his pecs with a set of 45-lb DB incline presses.  Nothing wrong with this, not everyone is going to be Mr. Olympia and he wasn't screaming obnoxiously or anything as he performed this feat of strength.  He chose afterwards, however, to proclaim how "jacked and pumped" his pancake-like pecs are to his seemingly normal lifting buddy.  This genetically gifted pec-master was evidently also an accomplished cage fighter, as he then initiated a one-sided discussion with his partner on how his "spinning reverse backhand" was his "most powerful strike."  He then compared his strikes to those of an unknown third party, who he claimed required "three punches to equal the power of one of my punches."  He finished this conversation by noting that he is "very fast for how strong I am", which facilitates his remarkable striking power.

This noble savage then performed his second set that he completed during my 45-minute workout, a fiber-severing eights reps of incline flies with the 30s, commented to his buddy on how "ripped" they were both getting, and called it a day!

Gold baby gold.
Carry on

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:18 AM »
 ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 04:07:57 AM »
Be careful around these dudes... once you make eye contact it's on...
stare down through Oakley sun-glasses may follow...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
I no longer train at a public gym but when i did for the first 16 months of my training i met some noteworthy individuals.

One was an old guy, looked mid 60s, still bleached his hair blonde in the Ric Flair style, he trained legs on the day i trained biceps, same day same time every week, he would load up the 45 degree leg press with about 8 plates either side and do reps with a tiny range of motion. Btw, every plate he put on he slammed on as hard as he could.

everyone who had not observed this activity before would all stop what they were doing to watch his first rep, then after seeing the pathetic ROM immediatly go back to what they were doing.

Also, once i was doing triceps extension with a dumbell and i went close to the mirror while i was doing them to observe my form, he found it hilarious that i had gone closer to the mirror to perform the exercise so he went up behind me and made a retarded face over my shoulder so i could see in the mirror...

He always talked to everyone in the dungeon around him about how "the young kids cant fucking handle it down here" (referring to the free weights area which is downstairs in a dungeon like environment). Yet he benched about the same as them (60kg/135lbsx8).

He bounced the bar so hard on his chest for each rep of the bench press it looked like he was going to crack his brittle old sternum. If he didn't bounce the bar then he only brought it half way down...  a true veteran and warrior of the gym.

Btw everything i just said is 100% true no bullshit, no exaggerations.
                                                                                                                              did he yell wooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo......
F

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »