Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 28, 2017, 01:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegan Gains Is Broke - This Is Why I Never Focused On Youtube  (Read 3111 times)
Megalodon
Getbig IV

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »

How can they demonetize certain videos? Don't they get paid based on views?!?

Behind the scenes, on VG's Youtube account, he will see a dollar sign icon that is grayed(demonetized) out or green(monetized). YT just demonetizes videos. You can contest it, then a human will yay or nay it, possibly overruling the algorithm.,,but the employees that "yay or nay" have rules to follow and many times the algorithm is "correct".

Yes, you get paid for views but it's really watch time. However, if there are no ads you don't get paid.  What I mean by watch time is you may get more minutes watched(which means more revenue) on a video that only has 500,000 views if people watch more of it(say 5 minutes of the video is watched on average), that's more $ than a video with 2,000,000 views that people turn off after 5 seconds(5 seconds watch time on average).
Report to moderator   Logged
tres_taco_combo
Getbig III

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2017, 08:45:48 PM »

Behind the scenes, on VG's Youtube account, he will see a dollar sign icon that is grayed(demonetized) out or green(monetized). YT just demonetizes videos. You can contest it, then a human will yay or nay it, possibly overruling the algorithm.,,but the employees that "yay or nay" have rules to follow and many times the algorithm is "correct".

Yes, you get paid for views but it's really watch time. However, if there are no ads you don't get paid.  What I mean by watch time is you may get more minutes watched(which means more revenue) on a video that only has 500,000 views if people watch more of it(say 5 minutes of the video is watched on average), that's more $ than a video with 2,000,000 views that people turn off after 5 seconds(5 seconds watch time on average).

estimated income of youtubers in our world

1. bradley martyn?
2. calum von moger?
3. jerry ward?
4. lobinnner?
5. hodge twins?
6. the thin/ripped mexican kid in texas?

estimated income?
HockeyFightFan
Getbig V

Dr. Chimps gargles testicles

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »

I had a YouTube channel of the world's best man on man action.

The only views I ever got were from Port Lucie, Florida and Manley Beach, Australia

I made $32,876,982 last year on it.

Grin
Megalodon
Getbig IV

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »

estimated income of youtubers in our world

1. bradley martyn?
2. calum von moger?
3. jerry ward?
4. lobinnner?
5. hodge twins?
6. the thin/ripped mexican kid in texas?

estimated income?

There's a site that gives a pretty reasonable estimate of the money made from YT ads...i don't remember what it is but the important thing is selling your own stuff and building a brand. Then you can transfer your audience to other social media platforms if necessary. I don't know who the thin ripped kid is or bradley martin but cvm, ward, hodges, lobliner, have other things going on that augment their YT.  If you're selling something and you turn you videos into basically advertisemernts for your product that could be worth 10,000s in advertising and make you 100,000s of dollars...much more than YT Google ad money. People are going to have to think of YT differently and not rely on Google advertisers. It's actually a VERY good thing that this is happening to VG and others. It forces them to do something they wouldn't have done but should have, get their own sponsors ,sell their own stuff,,,"crisis=danger or opportunity" type of thing depending on how you deal with it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!