Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
May 03, 2015, 01:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I tried it for a couple of months. I can't take it anymore.  (Read 1122 times)
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 05:31:50 PM »

To play the devil's advocate what happens for many is your self image gets tied up in something like a big bench. You see yourself as better than the rest because of it. It doesn't matter that you have no gas in the tank and would tire running around a block or boxing one round.  Instead of low rep pushing huge weights thinking you're impressing everyone in the gym when you go for muscular endurance pushing moderate weights it's hurts your ego. Sure you can raw bench 450lbs but you can't do 5 quick sets of 12 in the bench with 225 with a controlled cadence because you run out of gas on the third set. Besides you wouldn't be caught dead failing only using that.

Personally I remember being big and looking great going into first into boxing and then into jui jitsu thinking my big numbers in the gym would translate into fighting. First thing I did when I realized I had a zero gas tank was to get a pair of running shoes and like every boxer, MMA, wrestler guy I hit the pavement.  Guys that have a 1200 horse power motor but a 2 gallon tank have nothing.  Better to have a 600 horse power motor and a 20 gallon tank.  An over simplification but you get my point.
Guess that would depend on what you're using it for.
Report to moderator   Logged

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
SF1900
Getbig V

Backstabber Troll

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »

One catastrophic injury will change that tune toot sweet.

Like when Junior tried to curl 80kg.
chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »

Like when Junior tried to curl 80kg.
Ripped both of his arms off, can't log into his 700 gimmicks. Sad

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
dyslexic
Getbig V

baddoggy

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »

I suck. 

Yeah....

All Getbiggers do ~ no worries.
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:45 PM »

I can gain strength while losing. The point was I tried going back to isolating body parts (bodybuilding) and my numbers on my main lifts got destroyed in the last couple of months. Rep were higher, volume was higher, etc. Have to go back to powerlfting/strongman type training. This is ego killer. I'd rather deal with a couple of strains than be weak.

lifting numbers don't matter.

the scale, the bodyfat %, the cholesterol, the blood pressure, those are the only numbers that matter now.

we're old, dude.  looking big in a t-shirt or lifting as much as the youngin's.... no more time for that nonsense. 

i want you around to debate on getbig for another 40 or 50 years man. GetLean!

DanM
Getbig II

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »

lifting numbers don't matter.

the scale, the bodyfat %, the cholesterol, the blood pressure, those are the only numbers that matter now.

we're old, dude.  looking big in a t-shirt or lifting as much as the youngin's.... no more time for that nonsense. 

i want you around to debate on getbig for another 40 or 50 years man. GetLean!

Who are you to say lifting #s don't matter? Staying strong at an older age is just as important if not more so then when you're younger.
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »

Who are you to say lifting #s don't matter? Staying strong at an older age is just as important if not more so then when you're younger.

coach has looked kinda heavy in recent pics.  if he's achieving epic leans but benching 10 pounds less, I'm happy for him.

chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2015, 08:53:11 PM »

x2
Check out our 500# deadlifter @76 years old on the powerlifting board.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
bass generator
Getbig IV

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »

Some just aren't auited for the "bodybuilding" style training, I'm not knocking it and have seen it work phenomenally well for some but for me I just get smaller and weaker.
For me sets of 3 to 5 are best done with a controlled negative. Interestingly about ten years ago when first switching from higher reps to failure to alternating 3x5 and 3x3 on main exercises I actually made better gains (size and strength) than ever did with bodybuilding style training.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!