Author Topic: Houston, TX - planning to move  (Read 13620 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Houston, TX - planning to move
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »

Not that I do not have game- there really are not that many single girls. Any chick that is has at least 3-4 guys workin on her or she is undersireable. You would not understand if you didn't live here.

LOL what makes you think it is different anywhere else?

all decent looking chicks have MINIMUM 3 - 4 guys 'workin on her'

E
E

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »
Dang some mixed feelings here. Some reasons I want to move-

Guns. I dislike californias attempt to deprive me of my right to own firearms. I want guns period. You can not tell me what I can or cannot have nor can you convince me that 10 bullets are less lethal than 30.
Dude, you can still buy a handgun in CA much easier than you can in TX.

I just went to my ranch with 3 handguns, and a rifle for some target practice with my dad yesterday. On the drive in and out, i saw 3 bucks, 5 doe, 3 rabbits, a maybe a rattle snake. We have a buck over pop problem. My cus is already getting his blind ready for the hunting season.
Poor little guys.
I don't like deer meat. But, don't get my wrong, if the store stopped selling beef. I would be the first one in line to "hunt" a cow. LOL
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
in all honesty, yes there are lots of black people but its just like any other big city in that there are parts that will be almost exclusively white, and parts that are almost all black. texas cities are very, very open and spread out, so all you have to do is avoid those areas, its not like everyone is all on top of each other. nothing at all like the big northeastern cities.
this is very true especially in houston, blacks seem to congregate in certain areas of Houston same with mexicans etc...

ever hear the term white flight? this happens in houston white are in the process of moving back in town my cousin and his wife live in the heights which is a mix right now of poor as shit ppl and fairly well off ppl.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »
Maybe you should check out NC.

We have beaches and mountains.

VERY pro gun and pro military.

Conservative, except for a couple of pockets in Raleigh and Charlotte.

Job situation is ok, MUCH better than Cali, but probably not as good as Houston or Austin.

Real estate is much more affordable than Cali. 

Great colleges too, if you wanted to go on to graduate school or something.

Humid in the summer, but not nearly as hot as Texas.

Good hunting, fishing, golf, camping, backpacking, etc.... if you like outdoor stuff.

I was born in NC, but lived/moved all over the US and chose to move back.

Can you elaborate on the job/ school situation a little more? What types of professional jobs would I find there? I am shooting for my RN but might switch to possibly bio-tech or something of that nature. Graduate school will be a must.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
Can you elaborate on the job/ school situation a little more? What types of professional jobs would I find there? I am shooting for my RN but might switch to possibly bio-tech or something of that nature. Graduate school will be a must.

I used to live in the area.

You might find this place VERY interesting: Google---> Research triangle park ( RTP)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
I used to live in the area.

You might find this place VERY interesting: Google---> Research triangle park ( RTP)

Quoted for truth.  If you are interested in the medical field, in any capacity, it's hard to match Ral/Dur/Chapel Hill.  Excellent hospitals, some of which are teaching hospitals. 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
Thanks  :D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
Texas is full of nothing but steers and queers.

soreloser

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
I lived there (houston) for 4 years and have no desire to go back.
Housing is affordable but cheap construction unless you live in 350k and up. Most homes are on top of each other and no basements due to soil issues. Mostly slab homes.
Night life is good if your a kicker or rocker. chicks are hot and the accent is cool.
Houston is not a pretty place. Its hot as hell and very humid. You will sweat your ass of in summer and the bugs are huge and plentiful.
Crime is an issue. High crime rates and apartment living just makes the crime issue worse.
If I had a choice to go back I would say no. Look elsewhere.
Just my opinion. do your home work. Maybe go there for 10 days to vacation and check out all the suburbs. I lived in sugerland before it exploded with homes. Traffic sucks. Your car better have good a/c or your screwed.
Good luck.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »
Texas is full of nothing but steers and queers.

Do they really make everything big in Texas, such as yourself, MOS?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
I lived there (houston) for 4 years and have no desire to go back.
Housing is affordable but cheap construction unless you live in 350k and up. Most homes are on top of each other and no basements due to soil issues. Mostly slab homes.
Night life is good if your a kicker or rocker. chicks are hot and the accent is cool.
Houston is not a pretty place. Its hot as hell and very humid. You will sweat your ass of in summer and the bugs are huge and plentiful.
Crime is an issue. High crime rates and apartment living just makes the crime issue worse.
If I had a choice to go back I would say no. Look elsewhere.
Just my opinion. do your home work. Maybe go there for 10 days to vacation and check out all the suburbs. I lived in sugerland before it exploded with homes. Traffic sucks. Your car better have good a/c or your screwed.
Good luck.

Now really are the bugs/heat really as bad as people say?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »
Do they really make everything big in Texas, such as yourself, MOS?
MOS is just mad just he was born without balls. poor guy. :(
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »

yes, absolutely. think of it this way-people assume desert cities like phoenix are hotter cause the highs get over 100 every day...but its super dry heat (yes it really makes a difference), so in the shade it is not too bad at all, as soon as the sun goes down its cool, you can open windows, etc...meanwhile in humid hot cities like houston it FEELS much hotter, you sweat far quicker and far more, the shade does not help at all, you can feel the moisture even indoors, when you get out of the shower you stay wet, you sure as hell do not open any windows at night as it stays sticky humid all night, etc..and yes the mosquitos ARE that bad. id take a phoenix 110 over a texas 98 ANY DAY.
but hey, housing is cheaper. its just not a pleasant environment for human habitation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »
LOL bro there are days when leave my place and before i get to my car in the driveway im starting to sweat...

It doesnt get much hotter then alot of other places but its the humidity that gets you. The bugs arent that bad but I agree the mosquitoes can be a pain but you can avoid them.

I agree with the phoenix comment and the weather

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
Heat? yes
Bugs? depends on the bugs, but for the most part,yes.
A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »
yes, absolutely. think of it this way-people assume desert cities like phoenix are hotter cause the highs get over 100 every day...but its super dry heat (yes it really makes a difference), so in the shade it is not too bad at all, as soon as the sun goes down its cool, you can open windows, etc...meanwhile in humid hot cities like houston it FEELS much hotter, you sweat far quicker and far more, the shade does not help at all, you can feel the moisture even indoors, when you get out of the shower you stay wet, you sure as hell do not open any windows at night as it stays sticky humid all night, etc..and yes the mosquitos ARE that bad. id take a phoenix 110 over a texas 98 ANY DAY.
but hey, housing is cheaper. its just not a pleasant environment for human habitation.

sounds like florida  :(
175lbs by 31st July

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 04:06:18 PM »
It's part of the Gulf Coast.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »
It's part of the Gulf Coast.

no shit sherlock !
175lbs by 31st July

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »
The heat and humidity...it's part of the Gulf Coast...The climate from texas to florida is just about the same.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2009, 02:52:45 PM »
Houston is pretty much the worst city there is.  Tons of fat people.