Author Topic: 10 Bodies found in Cleveland Serial Killers' home.  (Read 888 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
10 Bodies found in Cleveland Serial Killers' home.
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:40:24 PM »
WJW
Body Bags Taken from Backyard of Sowell's Home
Staff Writer

4:20 PM EST, November 3, 2009

CLEVELAND

________________________ __________________

Cleveland Police have called a 6:00 p.m. press conference to update the latest information into the investigation of Anthony Sowell.

Fox 8 News crews stationed outside Sowell's Imperial Avenue home report two body bags were taken from the backyard of the home on Tuesday by officials from the Cuyahoga County coroner's office.

Throughout the day cadaver dogs walked the backyard searching for any additional remains of potential victims.

Cleveland Police have set up an investigation tent in the backyard of the home, and according to authorities, police plan on remaining at the home for the rest of the night.

According to Fox 8 News crews on the scene, a backhoe was used to dig up portions of the yard.

Authorities also were searching vacant homes within a few miles of the home, which sits in a crowded inner-city neighborhood of mostly older houses.

Police did not say Tuesday why they were searching the vacant homes or indicate whether they believe more bodies could be found.

Neighbors are bracing for what could be inside a boarded-up home across the street and a shuttered school a block away.

"We hope they don't find anymore," said Renee Cash, whose family operates Ray's Sausage, which sits next door to Sowell's home.

Hundreds of Clevelanders gathered outside the Sowell home on Monday night for a candlelight vigil for the six women whose remains were found in and around the house.

The image of families holding up pictures of women who have vanished since Sowell was released from prison in 2005 was haunting.

One tearful woman told the crowd, "I believe my mother is going to be one of these women that's missing. She went missing from 118th and Kinsman, right around the corner."

Relatives of Nancy Cobbs -- who disappeared last April -- are asking questions only Anthony Sowell can answer.

Her daughter, Kyana Hunt, asks, "Why? What did she do to make him do this? Any of them, what did any of them do to deserve this?"

Like all of the families, relatives of Gloria Walker -- who disappeared in April 2007 -- are hoping against hope that she was not one of the victims.

Sandy Drain says, "It's been horrible for the entire family. We really would like to have closure and we still pray that she's alive, but we're still looking for closure."

Michelle Mason disappeared a year ago and was last seen just a block from Anthony Sowell's house.

Her son, Franklin Williams, says, "I've been going back and forth. I think of it as closure ... if it might be, if it does happen. But then, it's like still again, I want her to be found and I still want her to be here."

Telacia Fortson, 31, vanished in May, leaving three young children without their mother.

Fortson's mother, Inez Fortson, tells Fox 8 News, "The last time I saw her, she kissed me on the forehead and said 'I'll be here next week,' and I said 'OK,' but I never heard from her again."

Janice Webb has been missing since June, and her family fears that she came into the clutches of Anthony Sowell while walking through the neighborhood on a warm summer night.

Her sister, Joanne Moore, says, "He doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned, he does not exist. Anybody that's that evil. He is evil."

The families are now waiting for testing by the Cuyahoga County coroner that will tell them if their loved ones are among the victims.

Police are also looking into similar unsolved murders while asking the public for help. So far, four families of missing women have submitted DNA samples to help the coroner identify the bodies.

Authorities confirmed Monday that they'd be seeking DNA samples from Sowell as well.

Sowell is in jail but has not been charged.

Police are still encouraging people in the area to report missing persons to the police department's Fourth District in order to help them identify the six victims. Authorities urge anyone who might know of a missing person in the area, to please call their command post at (216) 310-4366 or (216) 310-4370.

Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for the latest updates on this story.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved.)

Copyright © 2009, WJW-TV

________________________ ________________________ __________________

I guess the FBI needs to update its criminal profile for serial killers.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: 10 Bodies found in Cleveland Serial Killers' home.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
FBI doesn't use a set profile.  That's just what they say in the movies and on TV shows. 
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
FBI doesn't use a set profile.  That's just what they say in the movies and on TV shows. 

Not true.  Read some of John Douglas who pioneered the whole profiling thing for the FBI.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »
This is crazy...even worse, this guy lives about 5-6 minutes from my house.  I live in a decent area but it borderlines this shit neighborhood.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
Hmmm,according to the experts on here,only whites are serial killers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »

So far betwen this savage and the DC snipers, there are 23 bodies. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »
Not true.  Read some of John Douglas who pioneered the whole profiling thing for the FBI.

It is not used as you see it on TV or read it in old books, they don't assume oh gosh white guy, loner, abused, kills animals etc etc That's all hollywood.   
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »

You love to trump the statistics of blacks being incarcerated in higher numbers than whites all the time, yet when statistics show more white males are serial killers you want to question that.  Not surprising considering you are a racist POS.
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
It is not used as you see it on TV or read it in old books, they don't assume oh gosh white guy, loner, abused, kills animals etc etc That's all hollywood.   

Again, read John Douglas books.  He started the whole concept for the FBI and I will guarantee you it is still used as in if they have a suspect and he was caught torturing animals as a kid, that guy just moved up the scale.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
Again, read John Douglas books.  He started the whole concept for the FBI and I will guarantee you it is still used as in if they have a suspect and he was caught torturing animals as a kid, that guy just moved up the scale.

Nice try, but they don't.  It's not hollywood.  The use of such profiling is outdated and leads to many hours looking at the wrong suspects. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
Nice try, but they don't.  It's not hollywood.  The use of such profiling is outdated and leads to many hours looking at the wrong suspects. 

Check out this serial killer KC:

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »
Check out this serial killer KC:

Haha, you're such a drama queen.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »

stasticially, are whites more likely to be serial killers?

not that I give a shit... crazy people are crazy people... still it seems like there's  amajor racial chip on your shoulder to come outta nowhere with race on this issue.  Some crazy fvcker in cleveland liked to kill people.  pretty basic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »
Haha, you're such a drama queen.

Serious- he is killing jobs left and right.