Author Topic: Breaking news...Shane McMahon resigns!!  (Read 3454 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Breaking news...Shane McMahon resigns!!
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »
See below!

The following letter from Shane McMahon is appearing on WWE.com regarding the announcement of his resignation from WWE effective January 1, 2010:

"It is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from the WWE, effective January 1, 2010.

I have never even considered a future outside the walls of the WWE. However, sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and while it is the most difficult decision I have ever made, it is time for me to move on.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my father for the incredible education working with him has provided and for giving me the opportunity to play a role in building WWE into the global phenomenon that it is today. I am extremely proud to have been the 4th generation in this business, and I am grateful for everyday I was able to work along side not only my own, but the entire WWE family.

Thank you to all of the WWE Superstars both past and present for your passion, pride and dedication. You are truly the engine of the organization and it has been a pleasure to work with, learn from and get to know all of you. Thank you for the privilege of sharing the stage with you and for allowing me to become but a momentary member of your elite brotherhood. I have so much appreciation for the many sacrifices you endure, both physically and personally, to make this business the success that it is. The respect I have for each of you is immeasurable.

Finally, there are no words to express my gratitude to WWE fans the world over for supporting this company through good times and bad and for your unbridled passion that fuels the Superstars’ performances. I am profoundly grateful to have been able to entertain you both in front of the camera and from behind the scenes. You are the greatest fans in the world.

I will always love this business and will remain a fan forever.

Shane"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Breaking news...Shane McMahon resigns!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
When Linda loses her Senate bid, he will be back.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »
You think? I don't. He's Vince's son and will inherit everything along with Stephanie so either way he win$$$$$$$$$$

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
It's a shame to see him go, I always thought that he could maybe influence Vince into scrapping some of the cheese that he seems to favour.  The saddest part is we might not see him in the ring again.  He hasn't been present on camera much in recent years, but back when he was, his commitment in his matches was phenomenal.

And he could sell the stunner like no-one else!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
Gee, I really hope he doesn't starve...

;D

Seriously, it always sounded to me like Stephanie had a bigger hand in WWF production.

And Tim is right.
Nobody who ever had Vince's ideas and 1992 wardrobe is normal.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:01:53 PM »
Whats Shawn McMound doing in the Impact Zone?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:39:04 AM »
is this real or a 'work'?

its hard to tell.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 06:11:00 AM »
is this real or a 'work'?

its hard to tell.

If the old man was smart, he’d consider working this real life event into a story line.
Many of the Fed’s best angles were just that – a scripted story based on things that were actually happening for real.

Anybody remember – I believe it was during the “Corporation” angle – when Shane broke away from Vince as part of the angle, and Vince “adopted” Foley as his new son?

VINCE: “You know, Mick – I may have lost a son tonight, but in some ways I think I gained a new one.”

MICK: “Gee, thanks, Dad.”

VINCE: choking on his adam’s apple with one of his many classic facial expressions of that time.

That story line was PRICELESS - even though a lot of it was due to the "performers" involved.
The fans were really into it.
WWF was doing some of its best business and was bigger than it ever was.

They have the WWF writers reviewing old "War Games" footage.
Maybe Vince ought to show them all of 1999’s footage and tell them, “See this? Something like THIS would be nice.”

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
How crazy would it be if he shows up on TNA OMFG!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
You can't fault the guy for wanting to be on the winning team.
 ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 01:50:18 PM »
Talking out of my ass here, but HHH has always seemed like the son Vince has always wanted, which was even said in a dvd that i cant remember. Shane probably saw the writing on the wall that Steph and HHH were going to run the show and decided to branch on his own.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Wouldn’t surprise me.
Vince is just the opposite of his dad in almost every other way.

Vince Sr. never wanted Vince Jr. involved in wrestling and almost shit when Vince started cruising around with Eddie Graham in his convertible, and came home one day with his hair dyed peroxide-blonde.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 04:17:47 AM »
Talking out of my ass here, but HHH has always seemed like the son Vince has always wanted, which was even said in a dvd that i cant remember. Shane probably saw the writing on the wall that Steph and HHH were going to run the show and decided to branch on his own.
That's quite possible. As things stand, Stephanie is the head of Creative Writing and Shane is the head of communications. So they both make sick coin and they both hold very high positions in the wwe.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 08:48:06 AM »
Former WWE Employee Comments On Shane McMahon's Departure
By Brad Ingles
Oct 18, 2009 - 2:15:11 PM

Stephanie McMahon's former assistant, Mike Witt, sent the following to us regarding the relationships between the McMahon's and the departure of Shane.

I worked with Stephanie McMahon for two years as a runner and production assistant. I left because I was offered a new opportunity which required less travel.

It seems that a lot of wrestling news sites are pointing to Shane departure as a result of some sort of inner tension between Stephanie and Shane and where they stand in the company. I'm not sure who these sources are but here was my experience, take it for what it is worth, and it really would be nice if your readers got to at least read a first hand account of behind the scenes life:

Stephanie was not unlike any other business person and stood by her decisions. Between you and me, some may not have been the best, but if you are going to get respect in a lockerroom full of egos, you can't cower at every little disagreement. So call that brash, but anyone in that kind of position would do the same. Let's not forget there's more pressure on her than anyone else in the company. That's just my opinion.

There were times when both Shane and Stephanie shared ideas. There was never any tension between them that I could see. I would say though that Vince was very, very hard on Stephanie since he pretty much still runs creative. I've seen him blow up at her on more than one occassion.

As far as Stephanie's interaction with talent and behavior under strees, I never saw her degrade or yell at talent. I have seen her pull talent aside from time to time if something was done poorly or at the risk of hurting the flow of production. Again, normal given her position.

As for Shane, although he was not around much, he definitely was the more overbearing of the two. He wanted everyone to know he was his father's son and had a "good old boy" sense of running things. Almost to the point where it was quite degrading to Stephanie. Maybe I'm biased because I worked for her, who knows, but Shane certainly seemed to have a chip on his shoulder at times and he truly did love being one of the boys. Obviously Stephanie will never have that luxery.

As for Vince, yes, he is loud, commanding, and a yeller. Yes, he did give Stephanie a lot of attention because she worked directly with creative whereas Shane was mostly corporate. Again, just because Stephanie worked with Vince more deos not mean their styles were the same. I didn't get that at all. Vince is a yealler, more brash in his tine. Stephanie was often the person to calm people (just ask Heyman).

As for Shane, I wish him luck. Maybe the chip he has on his shoulder is why he left, who knows. He never really showed any interest in creative so I'm not sure why internet writers keep comparing the two. Had Shane shown any interest in creative, or had some solid input, there's not a doubt in my mind that Shane would have been running creative. But instead he chose the more corporate side. He's a salesman through and through. Stephanie is not. What you see is what you get. She's down to earth and says what's on her mind.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along. May people read a lot of things on the internet and never really get the "real" scoop. This is just my experience but I hope it sheds some light on things.

For the record, I didn't see Shane's departure coming either, but lets not forget, he's still a major shareholder in the company and can return at any time. He will also still have plenty of influence behind the scenes. Whether that's good or bad who knows.

Thank you for your time,
Mike

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 05:56:56 AM »
What do you all think about the 1wrestling rumor that he is going to start his own MMA company?

You know its a shame Shane didn't try wrestling full time for a couple of years. He was a hell of an in ring performer and I think with some more time and practice he could have been pretty good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
What do you all think about the 1wrestling rumor that he is going to start his own MMA company?

You know its a shame Shane didn't try wrestling full time for a couple of years. He was a hell of an in ring performer and I think with some more time and practice he could have been pretty good.

I think Shane’s position also gave him an excellent up close and personal view of how many wrestlers end up.

With a wife, kids, and McMahon dynasty money, why risk things like paralysis, drug addiction & reliance, etc.?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 05:33:08 AM »
Good points never thought about it that way.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:54 AM »
WWE press conference and Vince McMahon talking about Shane leaving:

Regarding discussion of Shane McMahon parting ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, his looming departure from the company has become the new "Randy Savage talk" backstage as we noted earlier. By that, it means it's a touchy subject to be broached with Vince McMahon at one's own peril. As you would imagine, the WWE chairman is none to pleased with his son's recent resignation. Vince formally addressed Shane's departure from the company during this morning's conference call with investors. He said of Shane's decision to leave: "Shane has decided to pursue other opportunities in the marketplace." He also added that the strength of the company's management team is based on performance, not if an employee's last name is McMahon. "Some people perceive this to be a family business, but I do not," said Vince.