Author Topic: Source: Gun Purchased Legally In Killeen  (Read 1413 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Source: Gun Purchased Legally In Killeen
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
KILLEEN (CBS/AP) Law enforcement officials say a 5.7-millimeter pistol used in the Fort Hood shooting rampage was purchased legally at a Killeen gun store.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

Records indicate Hasan bought the FN 5.7 at store called "Guns Galore" in Killeen well before the attack that left 13 people dead.

The semi-automatic pistol has been dubbed a "cop killer" by those who have tried to stop its use. It is known to be able to hold 20 bullets in a magazine, and can shoot armor piercing bullets.

The gun is used by SWAT teams, the U.S. military and the secret service, and is known for being easy to control and having very little recoil because of the design of the gun.

It's made by Fabrique Nationale Herstal, a Belgian company that manufactures many kinds of guns used by the U.S. military.

The most powerful type of ammunition for the gun is available only to law enforcement and military personnel. Gun control advocates call it a "cop killer" weapon because that ammo can pierce bulletproof vests

Army officials say it is still very early in the investigation, but early Indications are that the shooting was a 'lone wolf' situation.  Army officers say there is no evidence of any outside help or connection to larger group. 

The FBI is going through Hasan's computer records, looking for web sites visited, contacts and writings.  They are also going through cell phone records.

The FBI was aware of the internet postings earlier this year, but no investigation was opened.

The shooting is being conducted as a joint investigation between the FBI and the Army Criminal Investigation Command until a decision will be made as to who carries the investigation.

There is the also still a question of how charges will be filed.  Since the shooting happened on an Army post, Hasan's charges could come from either a military, federal, or state jurisdiction.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/fort.hood.shooting.2.1297158.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Source: Gun Purchased Legally In Killeen
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »
Would it have been any different if he blew himself up with a suicide belt? 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
this may become a hand gun issue

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »
this may become a hand gun issue

Why not a muslim issue? 

I have had a CCW for years and never killed anyone.  I have over 15 handguns and thousands of rounds of ammo.  Are you lumping me in with the fanatical jihadist? 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »
I don't have a problem with guns.  ... this can become a hand gun issue.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »
Why not a muslim issue?  

I have had a CCW for years and never killed anyone.  I have over 15 handguns and thousands of rounds of ammo.  Are you lumping me in with the fanatical jihadist?  

EXACTLY!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »
I don't have a problem with guns.  ... this can become a hand gun issue.

Whats the difference?  

I can do far more damage with my AK and AR than my Glock.  

Would you have felt better if this guy blew himself up?  Would you have said its a suicide belt issue?    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
33, youre absolutely correct.  unfortunately, MB is making a very valid point.  Handguns could very well become an issue here.  Sure, he could have killed more ppl with moltov cocktails... but vodka isn't one of the things the left would love to ban... handguns are.

This can and prob will become a handgun issue.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
33, youre absolutely correct.  unfortunately, MB is making a very valid point.  Handguns could very well become an issue here.  Sure, he could have killed more ppl with moltov cocktails... but vodka isn't one of the things the left would love to ban... handguns are.

This can and prob will become a handgun issue.

Maybe if this POFS thought that other soldiers had arms he would not have taken the liberty to do this thinking his task would result in only one or two deaths. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 03:17:15 PM »
Maybe if this POFS thought that other soldiers had arms he would not have taken the liberty to do this thinking his task would result in only one or two deaths. 

he knew he'd be shot for it. 

MB's point is a valid one.  Watch for the CNNs and MSNs to talk about gun control now.  Obama just got an opening for some gun control legislation.  I don't think he'll do it - but the window is there now. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
he knew he'd be shot for it. 

MB's point is a valid one.  Watch for the CNNs and MSNs to talk about gun control now.  Obama just got an opening for some gun control legislation.  I don't think he'll do it - but the window is there now. 

Let them try it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
Let them try it.

careful what you wish for.  Sure, the brady bill cost clinton the congress.  but we all had to suffer thru it for 10 years before bush let it sunset in 04.

Obama migh tlose on crap/trade and healthcare, and figure fuccit, I'mma lose congress in 2010 anyway, might as well go for the guns now. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE 240 has come around.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
CT ALERT CT ALERT CT ALERT

you guys think its a coincidence that all these arrests and attacks have happened recently when obama is mulling over sending 45k troops to afghanistan?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 01:32:54 AM »
Why not a muslim issue? 

I have had a CCW for years and never killed anyone.  I have over 15 handguns and thousands of rounds of ammo.  Are you lumping me in with the fanatical jihadist? 

Not now... but when you go POSTAL, ...and you appear to me to be the type to do so, ...many people will.  :)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 04:30:38 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble you racist idiot, but you and and 240 have far more to worry about blacks and minorities going postal and killing people than whites, but keep up your deluded racist views that bear no relation to facts or statistics:
________________________ ______________________

Liberals Lie About Who Commits Crime in America

[NOTE: This piece is so important, and so few saw it the first time it was out, that I felt the strong need to re-publish it to all of our community. This would be a good one to print off and use as a recruitment tool when you're reaching out to other Whites. - The Lone Haranguer]

Distortion of Racial Crime Statistics in the U.S.

Government agencies purposely mis-classify many non-Whites as White; this makes the White crime rate appear to be higher than it really is.

According to Arizona law enforcement, all of the following individuals in their sex offenders database are White: (unable to reproduce pictures of clearly mestizo Mexican criminals.)

These individuals were located by a search on a single surname(Martinez) in a single database category. It is obvious that racial crime statistics are skewed by such flagrant mis-categorization -- to the detriment of Whites.

Even with the distortion, the differences in crime rates between the races are enormous:

Approximately 34 million acts were committed in the U.S. last year -- about 94,000 crimes daily. This is a Justice Department estimate. We don't know the exact number, because many, if not most, crimes are not reported. We do know, however, that the national crime rate -- crimes per capita -- has tripled over the past 30 years, and at least 71 percent of all violent crimes involve some kind of economic loss.

Distorted Statistics

Prior to 1986, Hispanics were classified as a distinct and separate racial group. Not anymore. The FBI and U.S. Census Bureau no longer distinguish between Hispanics (who are actually Spanish-speaking Indians for the most part) and Whites; their crimes are lumped together in one ethnic pot.

The 22,354,059 Hispanics living in the U.S. do not exist, at least not when it comes to the FBI compiling criminal statistics for distribution via news organizations. Included by the FBI as "Whites" are not only Hispanics, but also West Asians, Jews, Middle Easterners, North Africans, Iranians, Iraquis, Libyans, Palestinians, and refugees from the former Soviet Union.

The question that immediately comes to mind is: "Why would the FBI and the U.S. Census Bureau classify persons of Hispanic origin as being White?" The answer might surprise you. The FBI and the U.S. Census Bureau, along with the controlled media, purposely distort criminal statistics and conveniently classify Mexican-Americans as White because they do not want the American public to know the truth -- that blacks are responsible for committing a vastly disproportionate number of
crimes here in the United States.

For example, in 1993, there were 20,343 Americans murdered: blacks, who compromise 12 percent of the U.S. population, committed 11,686 -- or a whopping 58 percent of those murders. The black murder rate was 38.8 per 100,000.

This is 10.7 per 100,000. As of this writing, an alleged 76 percent of the U.S. is White (European-American) and they committed only 29.5 percent of the murders. On the other hand, black and Hispanic minorities combined constitute 21 percent of the population, yet they committed a staggering 68.7 percent of the murders in the U.S. last year. This means, on a per capita basis, a black person is 12.3 times as likely to commit murder as a White person. Since this information is not deemed politically correct and would perhaps offend the black segment of society, it is offset by falsely inflating the per capita basis for Whites by backhandedly including Hispanics and other ethnic groups.

Here are some more statistics based on official law enforcement compilations:

More than 1,600 Whites are murdered by blacks each year.
Blacks murder Whites at 18 times the rate Whites murder blacks.

About 1 million Whites were murdered, robbed, assaulted, or raped by blacks in 1992.

In the last 30 years, 170 million violent and nonviolent crimes were committed by blacks against Whites in the U.S.

Blacks under 18 are more than 12 times as likely to be arrested for murder than Whites the same age.

Some 90% of the victims of race crimes are Whites.

Blacks commit 7.5 times more violent interracial crimes than Whites, even though their population is only one-seventh the size of the White population.

On a per-capita basis, blacks commit 50 times more violent crimes than Whites.

Some 27 million nonviolent crimes were committed in the U.S. in 1992 alone. 31% of the robberies involved black offenders and White victims; only 2% involved White offenders and black victims.

1.3 million of the 6.6 million violent crimes committed in the U.S. each year are interracial.

Between 1964 and 1994, more than 45,000 people were killed in interracial murders in the U.S., compared to 58,000 Americans killed in Vietnam and 38,000 killed in Korea.

The above statistics were collected by an Australian reporter, Neil Sheehan, who dug out half-concealed U.S. crime figures for an article in the Sydney Morning Herald. The contents of his article, he commented, could not possibly be published or discussed in the U.S. mainstream media.

One wonders how many Whites have to be killed by blacks before the N.Y. Times and Dan Rather break the conspiratorial silence about the number of White casualties in the guerrilla war being waged against them by blacks.

Paved With Good Intentions, a book by Jared Taylor, also studies crime statistics by race. It must be stressed that blacks make up only 12% or so of the population according to the U.S. census (so black males number about 6%), but they commit a vastly disproportionate number of violent crime. Mr. Taylor reveals: 1) 58% of all arrests for weapons violations are blacks. 2) 46% of all arrests for violent crimes are blacks. 3) 73% of all "justified self-defense" killings are committed by blacks. 4) 60.5% of all blacks are armed with some type of weapon at all times. 5) 98% of all youths arrested for gun fights in Atlanta are blacks.

Several years ago, the FBI reported the following:

A) Blacks commit 8 times more assaults than Whites.

B) Blacks commit 9 times more rapes than Whites.

C) Blacks commit 14 times more murders than Whites.

D) Blacks commit 19 times more armed robberies.

E) Black neighborhoods are 35 times more violent than White neighborhoods.

F) There were 629,000 interracial attacks committed in 1985 (the last year the FBI "chose" to report this information, so God alone knows what it's like now.) Some nine out of every ten were committed by blacks against Whites.

G) Black males (6% of the population) make up 46% of the nation"s prison population.

In only one category of crime -- driving under the influence -- are blacks actually underrepresented, and even this is only by one percent. Perhaps this statistic can best be explained by the fact that blacks own fewer cars than do Whites, percentage-wise.

It can further be seen that overall, blacks are committing 2 1/2 times the amount of crimes percentage-wise as their population in America, and, as far as violent crimes are concerned, they are committing almost four times as much as their population percentage-wise. As far as murders go, blacks are committing almost five times as much as their population percentage-wise.

Why aren't these shocking facts -- facts which are of the utmost importance for the future of our nation -- highlighted in the news broadcasts of the corporate mass media? Well, I think most of us know the answer to that: to protect the advancement of the liberal/Jew agenda to use blacks as their spearhead to destroy our culture..and it's working.)

________________________ ________________

Jag - do you really want to go down this road? 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 08:14:26 AM »
KILLEEN (CBS/AP) Law enforcement officials say a 5.7-millimeter pistol used in the Fort Hood shooting rampage was purchased legally at a Killeen gun store.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

Records indicate Hasan bought the FN 5.7 at store called "Guns Galore" in Killeen well before the attack that left 13 people dead.

The semi-automatic pistol has been dubbed a "cop killer" by those who have tried to stop its use. It is known to be able to hold 20 bullets(rounds, a bullet is just one component of ammunition) in a magazine, and can shoot armor piercing bullets.

The gun is used by SWAT teams, the U.S. military(uh, no...the DOD just reupped their contract with Beretta, and we continue to use the 9mm NATO) and the secret service, and is known for being easy to control and having very little recoil because of the design of the gun(obviously never shot one).

It's made by Fabrique Nationale Herstal, a Belgian company that manufactures many kinds of guns used by the U.S. military.

The most powerful type of ammunition for the gun is available only to law enforcement and military personnel. Gun control advocates call it a "cop killer" weapon because that ammo can pierce bulletproof vests (any FMJ round potentially can)

Army officials say it is still very early in the investigation, but early Indications are that the shooting was a 'lone wolf' situation.  Army officers say there is no evidence of any outside help or connection to larger group. 

The FBI is going through Hasan's computer records, looking for web sites visited, contacts and writings.  They are also going through cell phone records.

The FBI was aware of the internet postings earlier this year, but no investigation was opened.

The shooting is being conducted as a joint investigation between the FBI and the Army Criminal Investigation Command until a decision will be made as to who carries the investigation.

There is the also still a question of how charges will be filed.  Since the shooting happened on an Army post, Hasan's charges could come from either a military, federal, or state jurisdiction.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/fort.hood.shooting.2.1297158.html

Idiot media...at least get your facts correct. 

I like FN pistols...they're called "poor man Sigs" because they are affordable but dead nuts accurate and reliable, great, great, firearms.  Great triggers on them right out of the box.  8)

Oh yeah...this will probably turn into a handgun issue like MB said.  I really hope not. 

333...I agree with the point that MB and 240 are trying to make.  Be careful what you wish for bro.  This might go under the radar or give Obama and Congress the inspiration to say "fuck it" and try for guns.  It isn't undoable or unfeasable.  Just my .02.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »
I'd echo Obama on this one:

Don't jump to conclusions. 8)
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »
This will not become a handgun issue.The left will burry this story as fast as possible.They dont want more attention on muslims,dont want an exam of political correctness run amuk.Dont want attention to war on terror.This story will be buriied as fast as possible.They will spend three times the time on Tiller and Don Imus.