Author Topic: Creatine usage in a female's workout...  (Read 6283 times)

Reelfoot

• Getbig I
Creatine usage in a female's workout...
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »
Hey gang,

Just wondering about something...my girlfriend is really getting into working out at the gym with me.  She asked me the other day about her taking creatine like I do.  I told her that I didn't think it would hurt her since it's a naturally occuring substance in the human body.  Was I right or wrong on her part?  She wants to get definition and some muscle expression.

Any thoughts would be appreciated:)

Reelfoot

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Creatine usage in a female's workout...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:40:11 AM »
Man I'm sure it would not hurt her.  But does not creatine sort of bloat a person?  I don't know I have never tried it, but have heard people say it bloats them or at least makes them look that way?  I'm pretty sure if thats the case definition and "muscular expression"  :) (I like that term) will not be the emphasised with creatine.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
I would think it would be ok as well, ive used it for many years being natural its probably the best supplement you can use other then protein. Ive tried just about every form at one time or another and the good old monohydrate seems to work the best for me. I dont really notice a bloat but i hear ppl say that it does cause you to bloat especially the monohydrate. It probably will upset her stomach at least for a day or two b/c supposedly it pulls water from the intestines. Just make sure she drinks a good amount of water with it and she should be just fine.

Reelfoot

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Thanks...good info. ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »
Creatine is fine for a woman to take.  Alot of women I know use it. 

You want creatine monohydrate...that's the best option in terms of absorption, etc.  I have heard the same thing about stomach problems and bloat, but I am not sure...some people seem to have that problem and others don't.

BTW, if you are looking for a good creatine supplement, I recommend Musclesport Nutrition creatine monohydrate.  It's cheap and effective, and you can get it online.  OH, and you may recognize the girl on the label ;)

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
Creatine is fine for a woman to take.  Alot of women I know use it. 

You want creatine monohydrate...that's the best option in terms of absorption, etc.  I have heard the same thing about stomach problems and bloat, but I am not sure...some people seem to have that problem and others don't.

BTW, if you are looking for a good creatine supplement, I have to recommend Musclesport Nutrition creatine monohydrate.  It's cheap and effective, and you can get it online.  OH, and you may recognize the girl on the label ;)

Awesome Rip!  Great endorsement.

Reelfoot

• Getbig I
Creatine usage in a female's workout...
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 06:56:57 AM »
Thanks gang...she started taking creatine with me this week and has been impressed with the results so far.  He biggest complaint is the taste...she hates Fruit Punch  :-X.  Note to self...find a better tasting creatine or sleep alone  :-\.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 06:32:32 AM »
You can get creatine monohydrate in pill form too...that's how I used to take it.

Or a tasteless powder which mixes into shakes, etc.  That's what the Musclesport brand is....

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 05:33:20 AM »
I mix mine with orange juice.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

fbbnut

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
I'm new.  What does creatine do?

Please don't link me to tons of info on it, just give me some lamens terms.

Thanks

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
Creatine is a naturally-occurring compound that is thought to help increase energy for muscles by converting ADP back to ATP. 

Here's the simplest blurb I could find on what it is -

When an athlete is doing an intense quick-burst activity such as weightlifting, their muscles must contract, needing a quick source of energy while the force of muscle contraction depending on the amount of stored ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). When the ATP is used, it turns into ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). Creatine increases the availability of ATP by reacting with the ADP in the body and turning it back into ATP. The more ATP in the body means the more fuel for the muscles. Creatine also helps to increase your muscle size by volumization. Volumization is the process of pulling fluid into the muscle cells and thus increasing their volume. Creatine also helps users to gain weight in this manner.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
reelfoot labrada makes a creatine mono by itself that is flavorless, I mix it into my shakes it makes it the slightest bit gritty but its not bad at all and its cheap as crap like 15 bucks for like 2 or 3 months...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 05:25:10 PM »
this thread is here twice?  aw, I forgot, how to merge...hmm.

hey, there we go.  Medford is the silent partner moderator for the most part
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
Great to see you exercising those moderator skills, Medford!   :D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 03:31:33 PM »
just cause I am quiet recently, doesn't mean I don't check in here thanks
X

Blondie85

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »
The only creatine I have ever been OK taking is Con-Crete all  the others bloat me up.