Author Topic: Pelosi: "Very Fair" for people to go to jail if they dont sign up for ObamaCare  (Read 8312 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
IS THIS PHONEY TOO?  NOTICE COMMUNIST IN CHIEF DOES NOT RULE IT OUT. 

LOL this man actually believes the shit he spews....

first the whole "it will run as well as the post office" like thats a good thing ::)

and now comparing this atrocity to auto insurance? LOL

the man forgot to say that auto insurance is ELECTIVE the health insurance would not be it would be a FORCED REQUIREMENT that ppl sign up.

If you dont want to drive you dont need auto insurance but if you want to live in america you have to get health insurance...ya thats just the same  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Isn't the post office on the verge of going bankrupt? Definitely a shining example of success.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
There are no cost controls in any of the bills.  So, what if the carriers raise the rates insanely due to all the new mandates and I can no long afford it? 

I deserve Jail?  WTF? ? ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Isn't the post office on the verge of going bankrupt? Definitely a shining example of success.

This was a simple YES or NO question.

Notice the stammering, nonsensical blather, uuhhh's   ummmm  uhhs, and idiotic comparison to car insurance? 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
oh yea I am sure thats what the founding fathers had in mind

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
oh yea I am sure thats what the founding fathers had in mind

BodyProsite:  didnt you hear?  Obama thinks our nation is fatally flawed from its inception?

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
gosh what he says means alot , seeing as how he still cant produce american school records b4 high school or a long form birth cert huh?  and that he lied to everyone his second day in office bold faced

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
gosh what he says means alot , seeing as how he still cant produce american school records b4 high school or a long form birth cert huh?  and that he lied to everyone his second day in office bold faced

Yeah, i have been attacked for saying those things. 

Not one of the obamabots can defend this clip. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
BodyProsite:  didnt you hear?  Obama thinks our nation is fatally flawed from its inception?

I think Obama is fundamentally flawed, from his conception
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
if obama and all these liberals are so dam concerned with other people and other countries why dont they move there,  not transform america to cater to these pieces of shit that dont give a crap about america and just want to exploit it  fucking leave and go take care of the world from somewhere else and let america be what once made america great

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I think Obama is fundamentally flawed, from his conception

I still want to know two things:

1.  If Obamacare is so good why do I need to be threatened with jail for not signing up?  

2.  If ObamaCare is so good, why did the democrats reject 11 amendments excluding themselves from this?  

Kazan

• Getbig V
if obama and all these liberals are so dam concerned with other people and other countries why dont they move there,  not transform america to cater to these pieces of shit that dont give a crap about america and just want to exploit it  fucking leave and go take care of the world from somewhere else and let america be what once made america great

Because they couldn't get away with the shit they pull here in any other country
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
LOL this man actually believes the shit he spews....

first the whole "it will run as well as the post office" like thats a good thing ::)

and now comparing this atrocity to auto insurance? LOL

the man forgot to say that auto insurance is ELECTIVE the health insurance would not be it would be a FORCED REQUIREMENT that ppl sign up.

If you dont want to drive you dont need auto insurance but if you want to live in america you have to get health insurance...ya thats just the same  ::)

Actually Auto Insurance is a requirement... Or you have to pay an uninsured motorist fee.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Actually Auto Insurance is a requirement... Or you have to pay an uninsured motorist fee.

You have the choice to drive or not.    Additionally, car insurance is to protect the driver you hit if in an accident. 

Mandating health insurance is like a living tax.  Its utterly ridiculous.   

Kazan

• Getbig V

Auto insurance laws are state laws, why is it so hard to understand the difference between state and federal law?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Auto insurance laws are state laws, why is it so hard to understand the difference between state and federal law?

You are not forced to own a car.  Additionally, you are not required to insurance yourzself to have a drivers' license.  The insurance is on the vehicle, not necessailry the individual driver. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

I didn't say there wasn't a difference between state and federal laws, however they are still laws... and legally if you drive, you have to have car insurance.

Are you being difficult just for difficulties sake?

I'm not saying Obama is right here... I'm just saying that a fact is a fact.

Legally you have to have car insurance if you drive.

No more, no less.

Kazan

• Getbig V
I didn't say there wasn't a difference between state and federal laws, however they are still laws... and legally if you drive, you have to have car insurance.

No more, no less.

Depends on what state you are in, not trying be difficult, I am pointing out what is and isn't constitutional.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

No more, no less.

Wrong.  You do not need insurance to have a license.  You need insurance if you own a vehicle.  The two are very different. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
September 10, 2009, 02:00 PM ET

Mandatory Health Insurance Is Not Like Mandatory Auto Insurance
By Diane Auer Jones

I keep hearing comparisons between the proposal for mandatory health insurance coverage and the requirement that drivers maintain auto insurance.  Sounds good, but the comparison just doesn’t work. In reality, car-insurance coverage is not mandated to all Americans, all adults, or even all licensed drivers (one can maintain a license but not auto insurance if he or she does not plan to drive a car). Auto insurance is but one price that must be paid in order to enjoy the privilege of driving.   

Alternatively, the mandatory health insurance proposal would essentially require that, in exchange for the privilege of ... citizenship? Residency in the U.S.? Life? ... one must procure health insurance for herself and her family. Can pedestrians “opt out” of mandatory health-insurance coverage, and more importantly, where in the Constitution does the Federal government have the right to mandate health insurance coverage in the first place?

Oh that’s right -- through its right to collect taxes. Since the only way to implement and enforce such a mandate is through the government’s ability to levy and collect taxes, let’s be very clear about the fact that a health-insurance mandate is, indeed, a new tax. I am not an anti-tax person, so the mere fact that mandatory health insurance is a tax doesn’t make me oppose the proposal. There may be good reasons to add such a tax, and the idea might be very well received if the program is structured appropriately and the cost burden distributed equitably. What concerns me most about the proposal, however, is that it represents the increasing creep of government mandates into the lives of individuals and families, perhaps beyond the limits and ideals of the Constitution. Are we soon going to see presidents mandate that everyone get married, earn a college degree and jog 10 miles a day because of the societal benefits of each of these activities?

But even if we get our terminology straight, and we use the government’s right to levy and collect taxes to implement this new mandate, we must understand that the real difference between mandatory auto insurance and mandatory health insurance is that the former is required to protect other people (like the people who might suffer injury or property loss in an accident that you cause), while the later is in place to protect the policy-holder. Moreover, auto insurance covers catastrophic loss, but not the day-to-day maintenance of the car. We don’t’ bill our car insurance companies for gasoline, tune ups, oil changes, and replacement parts -- and if we did, probably none of us could afford to purchase car insurance. By analogy, then, if we do adopt a mandatory health insurance policy, perhaps the mandated portion of this coverage should be limited to coverage for catastrophic care.

A catastrophic-care tax might be a reasonable idea, and something that even the anti-tax contingent would support, since ultimately the insured are all paying for the catastrophic care of the uninsured anyway. Certainly one could make the case that since we all pay when an uninsured individual has a serious accident or medical condition, catastrophic health-care coverage for the individual does, indeed, protect others. Those who have private coverage could enjoy relief from this additional tax liability, and to reward good behavior, we could reduce a person’s catastrophic-care tax liability if he or she  demonstrates a commitment to preventative care, such as eating well, exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy weight, and avoiding cigarettes, drugs, excess use of alcohol.   

Like all legislative proposals, the devil will be in the details that still remain unclear to the American people. It may be imprudent (and just too costly) to try to overhaul every aspect of our health insurance system in a single legislative proposal, but if we can start to focus on solvable issues, slowly but surely we might be able to make real, bipartisan progress. Catastrophic-care insurance coverage may be a good place to begin, and solutions in this area may generate the kinds of cost savings that are needed to reform additional parts of the health-insurance system. And we might learn some valuable lessons through this focused effort that could enable us to develop even better solutions to the larger problem. 

Incremental progress might mean that President Obama isn’t the last president to talk about health-care reform, as total system overhaul could take years to accomplish, but I think it was he who asserted that health-care reform is too important to be the victim of concerns about political wins and losses.

E-mail Print Comment (8) Share

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Depends on what state you are in, not trying be difficult, I am pointing out what is and isn't constitutional.

I don't know of any state that allows you to either have zero insurance, not pay a fee for having zero insurance, or have some financial clause (net worth) for payout in case of accident.

Whether or not something is unconstitutional is unfortunately always subject to debate... prohibition, slavery, and other items come to mind.

I personally, flip flop on whether or not something is unconstitutional or not, because history has shown me that sometimes doing the right thing requires a constitutional amendment.

Not saying that's the case here with the Medical plan... Just in general.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Wrong.  You do not need insurance to have a license.  You need insurance if you own a vehicle.  The two are very different. 

Not true... You need insurance of some sort if you DRIVE a vehicle.

Whether on you, or on the vehicle's owner... someone has to pay for insurance if you drive it.

They are not as different as you or many other people would like it to believe... So far off topic it's crazy though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Not true... You need insurance of some sort if you DRIVE a vehicle.

Whether on you, or on the vehicle's owner... someone has to pay for insurance if you drive it.

They are not as different as you or many other people would like it to believe... So far off topic it's crazy though.

No its not!

When i was 18 and got my license I did not have insurance.  I drove my parents' car and was on their policy.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No its not!

When i was 18 and got my license I did not have insurance.  I drove my parents' car and was on their policy.   

Yes, because THEY paid the insurance dude.

You couldn't just drive without insurance... Someone paid for it.

Come on man. Stop arguing just to argue.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Unless your like the mexican illegal that totalled my car back in college running a stop light.  She was cited, then we found out she had zero insurance.  Didn't have a damn licence either.  Guess who's insurance premium went up....