Author Topic: No strength for chest after biceps  (Read 2208 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
No strength for chest after biceps
« on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:01 AM »
So on day 1 I do biceps and chest.  Usually biceps first.  But after killing the bis I am unable to handle heavy weights on chest.  Do I need to try doing chest first or change my routine?  Please offer suggestions.    The weight I have been using lately for chest is embarassing.  :-[

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: No strength for chest after biceps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »
ALWAYS train the bigger more demanding bodypart first when you are fresh.........ALWAYS!!  :)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:28 AM »
So on day 1 I do biceps and chest.  Usually biceps first.  But after killing the bis I am unable to handle heavy weights on chest.  Do I need to try doing chest first or change my routine?  Please offer suggestions.    The weight I have been using lately for chest is embarassing.  :-[

hit chest first!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:47:05 AM »
ALWAYS train the bigger more demanding bodypart first when you are fresh.........ALWAYS!!  :)

The only time I violate this rule is on my back workout, I often do deadlifts last.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:42:28 AM »
Generally rule in BB'ing is to do the larger muscle first, to do it justice in a way. Exception might be pre-exhaust workouts or custom SS/tri sets. If your doing a chest/bicep workout than (if logic follows..though not always so much in BB'ing) you will have a workout of back/triceps next.

My own view (no big deal) when working back is to do DL's first off, spending prime effort on this mass builder. Than follow with the other stuff like chins, rows, pullovers, etc.  DL's are a whole body exercise that deserve complete focus first in a workout. Good Luck.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
I used to do dead's first, like JPM said, but I stopped that when I injured my back.  These days I do them last for a couple of sets.

As for the original question, simply do chest first!

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

what do you think  :D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
Strange combo.

What do you hit with legs? Forearms?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
ok I will hit chest first and see how that goes. 

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »
makes sense,,, your biceps are involved as stabilizers on the way down,,, so if you pre - fatigue them,,, you end up where you are...
give bi's own day or many other great tips in this thread

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:23 PM »
Strange combo.

What do you hit with legs? Forearms?

Chest and biceps are a good pairing.  If you do them with back, you've already worked them before you get to any direct work.  I've done chest/bi's regularly for quite a while now, the only time I change it is when I feel like an arm day.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
Chest and biceps are a good pairing.  If you do them with back, you've already worked them before you get to any direct work.  I've done chest/bi's regularly for quite a while now, the only time I change it is when I feel like an arm day.
I have never worked chest with biceps.  I always train chest and tris  back and bis.  You wanna do your push and pull muscles on separate days.  I train my chest witch includes your triceps and then finish with triceps exercises.  If you train your bis  with your chest and do bis the next day that means you are useing bis 2 days in a row.   x2 on the back and bis  Back forst and the biceps.  Sometimes I do chest one day and tris the next.   

Monday chest/tris
tuesday legs
weds/back and bis
thurs abs and calfs again
friday I circuit train/complete body workout
sat/sun  off
everyday cardio  60/180 minutes of treadmill and walking through short hills path near my home
I

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »
I have never worked chest with biceps.  I always train chest and tris  back and bis.  You wanna do your push and pull muscles on separate days.  I train my chest witch includes your triceps and then finish with triceps exercises.  If you train your bis  with your chest and do bis the next day that means you are useing bis 2 days in a row.   x2 on the back and bis  Back forst and the biceps.  Sometimes I do chest one day and tris the next.   

Monday chest/tris
tuesday legs
weds/back and bis
thurs abs and calfs again
friday I circuit train/complete body workout
sat/sun  off
everyday cardio  60/180 minutes of treadmill and walking through short hills path near my home

It's always good to change things about.  Training bi's after back especially, limits the amount of weight you can use, cos the muscle is already partially fatigued.  Try bi's after chest, and you'll be surprised how much extra weight you'll be able to put on the bar.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »
It's always good to change things about.  Training bi's after back especially, limits the amount of weight you can use, cos the muscle is already partially fatigued.  Try bi's after chest, and you'll be surprised how much extra weight you'll be able to put on the bar.
will do  thanks
I