Author Topic: Are Americans Finally Catching Up To.....  (Read 8372 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Are Americans Finally Catching Up To.....
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 08:37:53 AM »
Jungle Brothers - Girl I'll House You

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:08 AM »
I lived in England until i was 18, been in the states for 10 years and everything here is 20 to 30 years behind the rest of the world.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:25 AM »

Outed.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »

Outed.

A friend of mine used to play that shit all the time......he was from Chicago.....large, colored fellow......I didn't argue.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »
http://www.myspace.com/michaelcassette

Listen to the player.

fine sound for fine minds.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
L

lesaucer

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 09:50:19 AM »
BEST TRANCE SONG EVER, THATS IT.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 10:02:56 AM »

body88

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 10:11:03 AM »
outside of NYC ...there is really no 'Dance' music scene....which sucks for most of you guys..but for me its awesome. PM if you want tracks or some DJ sets.

What in the world are you talking about?  Miami hosts the world music conference every year, which is one of the largest dance, trance, house, electronika festivals in the world.  Literally, millions of dance fans from all over the world converge on Miami for this festival, and all the best dj's in the world perform.  Miami's nightclubs are among the best in the world and constantly hosting the best dj's in the world.  Mynt and Set are a few that come to mind.  

Trance music originated in Chicago, and there is still a huge scene there.  Vegas and LA are two other cities that come to mind.  New York is not the top dance scene in the country, Miami is by a mile (New York is still among the top in the world, though).

body88

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
I lived in England until i was 18, been in the states for 10 years and everything here is 20 to 30 years behind the rest of the world.

Like what  ::)  In regards to this thread, trance music originated in Chicago, so already you're in the hole.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:18 AM »
What in the world are you talking about?  Miami hosts the world music conference every year, which is one of the largest dance, trance, house, electronika festivals in the world.  Literally, millions of dance fans from all over the world converge on Miami for this festival, and all the best dj's in the world perform.  Miami's nightclubs are among the best in the world and constantly hosting the best dj's in the world.  Mynt and Set are a few that come to mind.  

Trance music originated in Chicago, and there is still a huge scene there.  Vegas and LA are two other cities that come to mind.  New York is not the top dance scene in the country, Miami is by a mile (New York is still among the top in the world, though).
Your telling me about Miami >? bro, im already booked there for the WMC ... I was wrong in saying that outside of NYC there is no scene... Miami is def. a scene. just not as big as the NYC one...esp. since alot of the WMCers are from our area anyways. On the topic of Trance...trance is gay to me..Ive seen PVD, Armin and John Callahan this year and it all sucked. I just went cause ppl im freinds with wanted to go. House music is where its at. Me I like tech-house and minimal. This Sat. just seen the best DJ in America spin, it was ridiculous. Oh yeah I DJ too....
L

body88

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
Your telling me about Miami >? bro, im already booked there for the WMC ... I was wrong in saying that outside of NYC there is no scene... Miami is def. a scene. just not as big as the NYC one...esp. since alot of the WMCers are from our area anyways. On the topic of Trance...trance is gay to me..Ive seen PVD, Armin and John Callahan this year and it all sucked. I just went cause ppl im freinds with wanted to go. House music is where its at. Me I like tech-house and minimal. This Sat. just seen the best DJ in America spin, it was ridiculous. Oh yeah I DJ too....

I read your post and responded to it. I didn't know that you were into house and such.  I stay on Collins every year and this year I will be at Delano.  Last year was the Raleigh, the year before that it was The National.  Miami is my favorite place to visit.  Segafredo for drinks, then a night out at Mynt or Set is tough to beat.  The women are unreal, the weather is perfect and the nightlife is insane.

Imo, pound for pound, Miami has the best house scene in the country.  I to am a fan of house.  Trance is good if it's softer (the hard stuff is to much).  I referenced it in my first post, because it's sound is the base of house and vocal house.  I'm sure you knew that....just saying.

If you're going out for dinner at all, check out Barton G.  I'd make reservations now, it's prolly booked to shit by this point.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 10:30:32 AM »
I read your post and reponsded to it. I didn't know that you were into house and such.  I stay on Collins every year and this year I will be at Delano.  Last year was the Raleigh, the year before that it was The National.  Miami is my favorite place to visit.  Segafredo for drinks, then a night out at Mynt or Set is tough to beat.  The women are unreal, the weather is perfect and the nightlife is unreal.

Imo, pound for pound, Miami has the best house scene in the country.  I to am a fan of house.  Trance is good if it's softer (the hard stuff is to much).  I referances it in my first post, because it's sound is the base of house and vocal house.
We should meet up this year ....maybe go to SPACE or something Body88 .... Raleigh always has an awesome party ..... who is your favorite DJ btw ? Me Im all about 'Victor'
L

body88

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »
We should meet up this year ....maybe go to SPACE or something Body88 .... Raleigh always has an awesome party ..... who is your favorite DJ btw ? Me Im all about 'Victor'

I'm down there for business, also.  Have you been to Mynt?  Best club out there right now, imo.  Andy Morris from Narcotic Thrust is my favorite DJ.  

I assume that you went to the Raleigh on a Sunday?  I stayed in the ocean front room to the top left of the building facing the water.  It was epic.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
I didnt go last year and never been to Mynt. Did you go to the 'Zoo' this year ?
L

body88

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
I didnt go last year and never been to Mynt. Did you go to the 'Zoo' this year ?

I did not.  I'm more a fan from afar these days.  I go to the WMC and I have some friends who own clubs across the country, so i'll visit with them often.  I enjoy all types of music, but house is my favorite.  Mynt and Set are ultra tough to get into, but they are worth it.  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
How old are you?  House music originated in Chicago, which was the base for a lot of the electronic music that you hear today.   Trance has been around forever, and it's already part of pop.  David Guetta is not even close to the first artists to collaborate with pop artists.  Pop music will never be defined by a single genre, and it's direction will always be defined by a mix of all kinds of music.

Btw, there are tons of American electronica, trance, house and techno dj's out there.  They have been among the worlds best since the start.  Infact, I'd say that America has more top clubs than Europe.  I just got back from Italy and I spent time at Rebus, and guess what they spun?  Tons of American music.

Louie Devito comes to mind as a trance/house guy who had chart toppers in the late 90's.

Frankie Knuckles baby....these guys don't know shit.  Remember the "Cutting Records" label?  all the good house shit was from Chicago and NY in the early 80's

body88

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »
Frankie Knuckles baby....these guys don't know shit.  Remember the "Cutting Records" label?  all the good house shit was from Chicago and NY in the early 80's

Thought of by many as the best dj ever.  I remember all that stuff.  I was a kid at the time, but I do know the history of the genre (when I bacame a fan, I learned as much as I could about the history of the music).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »
So body and jj.....do we have a love connection?   ;D

Sorry fellas, couldn't resist.....

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »
Europeans are so cultured with such a tremendous grasp on history.  Their citizens are the most fit.  Their women are the most beautiful.  Their health care is the best.  Their economies are flourishing.  They have all but eliminated racism. Their levels of education are vastly superior and the general quality of life is unmatched.

Go Europe!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
So body and jj.....do we have a love connection?   ;D

Sorry fellas, couldn't resist.....
hahahaha saw that coming lol ...he's not my type...PAtriots/red Sox fan ....
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
"Girl I'll house you. You in my hut now!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 11:45:48 AM »
hahahaha saw that coming lol ...he's not my type...PAtriots/red Sox fan ....

It's like the Montague's and the Capulet's.....hahaha

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
AHAAHAHAAHAH!!!  Getbiggers only like two kinds of music: metal and techno dance club music.  Metal to train by and techno for the clubs you show off the muscles in.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »

Gracie Rules