Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 10088 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Tipping
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:08 AM »
btw, and i hate to do the whole "ask the gay guy question about gay people" thing but, in relation to this thread, do gay diners catch on to when a straight male server is trying to subtly flirt with diners to get a better tip.

For example, when i used to wait tables and i knew the table was filled with gay guys, i would purposely flip a extra button off of my shirt or walk away in a way that i would make my ass more appealing

At my table that would get you laughed at, but it would not get you a nice tip.  Your strategy presumes that the gay guys at a given table find you attractive.  Unless you have a reason to think this is the case, you are treading on thin ice.  Flirtations from someone you find attractive are usually welcome, but overtures from a random guy—especially in a venue ill suited to flirting, such as a restaurant—are not.

The gay guys you are flirting with may be a coupled or partnered and your flirtations could easily be seen as annoying to one or all of them.

If you want to flirt with gay guys, go to a gay bar or some other gay venue.  I can’t speak for all gay people, but when I go to a restaurant I’m there to eat not get flirtations from a waiter.  If you want a nice tip, keep your shirt buttoned, stop showing off your ass, and provide superior service.

body88

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:40 AM »

If I only had to tip everytime the Sox won a world series I would be saving alot of money ;D

Considering the last ten years, you'd save more money if you tipped when the yankees won a title.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 07:34:25 AM »
"A waiter goes up to a table full of old Jewish women and asks, 'Is ANYTHING okay?'"

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »
Considering the last ten years, you'd save more money if you tipped when the yankees won a title.

Ha,both of us would only leave 2 tips!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 07:41:45 AM »
"A waiter goes up to a table full of old Jewish women and asks, 'Is ANYTHING okay?'"

Haha!  ;D

Enjoy timeout.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 07:51:56 AM »
With regard to the thread topic, it always a good idea to overtip in places you regularly patronize. Doing so usually results in better service.

Cheap people are always looking for a excuse to not tip, "The waiter's tie was crooked!"

mr_florida

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 08:14:36 AM »
I waited table while going to school, so I totally understand.  Assuming that good service, here is how I tip:

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner - 20% and more for exceptional service
Take out - 10%
Bar - $1/drink, 50 cents/beer
Luggage - $1-$2/bag
Hotel - $2-$5/night

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
LOL. Maybe in your constructed little world, but here on earth you've proven yourself to be an mess. But, please carry on; don't let a little thing like reality get in your way.  ;)

you should not let the likes of me rattle you so

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

I do, however,
give a much better tip if the waitress is good looking
this somewhat proves that better looking people make better money

i do the opposite, the uglies get a better tip

E
E

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
My #1 way for my server to ensure a good tip is to keep my glass full.  I don't give a fuck about much else, but I HATE eating with an empty glass. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
At my table that would get you laughed at, but it would not get you a nice tip.  Your strategy presumes that the gay guys at a given table find you attractive.  Unless you have a reason to think this is the case, you are treading on thin ice.  Flirtations from someone you find attractive are usually welcome, but overtures from a random guy—especially in a venue ill suited to flirting, such as a restaurant—are not.

The gay guys you are flirting with may be a coupled or partnered and your flirtations could easily be seen as annoying to one or all of them.

If you want to flirt with gay guys, go to a gay bar or some other gay venue.  I can’t speak for all gay people, but when I go to a restaurant I’m there to eat not get flirtations from a waiter.  If you want a nice tip, keep your shirt buttoned, stop showing off your ass, and provide superior service.

Holy crap you guys are hostile!  like a bunch of girls ready to scratch someone's eyes out!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
You, my friend, are a dangerous person.

that made me lol

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »

with all due respect Bay, but how is it that you are so uptight.

Gay guys ARE guys.
Guys (gay or straight) love to flirt with attractive waitstaff

you and your friends (in my experience) are the exception rather than the rule

and again, i say that with all due respect

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »

Gay guys ARE guys.

He's just pissed you never waited on him....he's the old hag of the relationship :D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »

He's just pissed you never waited on him....he's the old hag of the relationship :D

Quote for truth@@!!!!

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »

Gay guys ARE guys.

smitty=baygbm

riley=johnnynoname

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
First of all anyone that does not tip even if they feel they got poor service is a fucking loser that should be eating at a fast food restaurants. Even if the service is poor you should at least leave 10%, don't forget that food was ordered for you, cooked for you, served to you at your table and cleaned up after you left, that is what the tip is for!!!

Secondly, my standard tip is 20%, however it can go up considerably if I get really good service. I have tipped as high as 50%, and it never hurts if its a hot (female) server that flirts with me.

lol your saying paying for your food is not enough?  That is like saying when you go to a clothing store you should tip the people working at the store, because after all when you try on clothes, they have to re fold them, they have to stock the hangers etc etc, right, so they need a tip right right????!  god fuckin disgusting.
TEAM Nasser

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

right on the button

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:46 PM »

x2!
TEAM Nasser

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »

Gay guys ARE guys.

i don't think bay likes to be labeled, which is funny because he labels bodybuilding fans

E
E

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
i don't think bay likes to be labeled, which is funny because he labels bodybuilding fans

E

I'm gonna start a class for Bay and his friends on how they can be more "gay"

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »
If you dont tip you re a bad person   ::) bunch of heroes thinking they have moral if they tip. 
I used to tip in the past, but not 50 bucks like the getbig-millionaires in this thread posting  ::)
I remember that reservoir dog scene where the guy wont tip. Why tip these guys and dont tip mcdonalds-workers, they work harder for less cash than the restaurant waitress. fuck that shit, if you need a better self-esteem by tipping someone go and donate your cash like a foster-parent, then you can open your fucking mouth idiots. (yes i had a bad day)  :)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
If you dont tip you re a bad person   ::) bunch of heroes thinking they have moral if they tip. 
I used to tip in the past, but not 50 bucks like the getbig-millionaires in this thread posting  ::)
I remember that reservoir dog scene where the guy wont tip. Why tip these guys and dont tip mcdonalds-workers, they work harder for less cash than the restaurant waitress. fuck that shit, if you need a better self-esteem by tipping someone go and donate your cash like a foster-parent, then you can open your fucking mouth idiots. (yes i had a bad day)  :)

exactly, not sure when tipping became mandatory for service.  If your restaurant requires a tip, it should have a sign up when you walk in, else wise shut the fuck up and do your job.  If you don't like the lousy pay, then go work somewhere else like walmart that will pay more an /hr then the waiting job pr /hr.
TEAM Nasser

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
One of my friends used to be a server at Earl's when he was younger, and he told me that over there (and at most restaurants) servers have to tip 5% of their total billings to the kitchen staff no matter what.  In other words, if a bill is $100, they must give $5 to the kitchen staff whether the customer tipped them $20, $10, or nothing, so if he got a 5% tip he would get nothing, and if he got a zero tip he would actually lose money.

He complained that the worst was large crowds, where the bill might be, say $400, and they tip $20 thinking "$20 is a decent tip" without realizing it's only 5%, and then he'd have to pay that 5% / $20 to the kitchen staff and in the end he spent a lot of time and effort serving a large table and got zero tips whereas he could have got much more if he spent that time serving several smaller tables.

...and he said backgrounds that have the worst rep for tipping are Asian...and East Indian second lol.