Author Topic: Bodybuilding magazine advertising costs.  (Read 2533 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Bodybuilding magazine advertising costs.
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
Mostly schmoes I assume.

Schmoes get much more bang for their buck at musclegallery.com.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
This is a very well thought out and this explanation makes sense.  It is now totally understandable that MuscleTech puts which ad spreads in each magazine.

The part on my not having a lot of cash is incorrect though.  ;D  I am willing to spend whatever it takes to get my forum visitors up.  But the key is that regardless of cost, I want a return on my investment!

another getbig millionaire ::)
tank u jesus

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »

yet the donate button remains untouched despite his promise for grabbing content from my site.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
yet the donate button remains untouched despite his promise for grabbing content from my site.

I fear that if money gets tight you'll be forced into "straight 4 pay"

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
Well said. Cost-effective advertising can be tricky. That's why God invented media planners.

Yes, that is true.  I just noticed an ad for Betancourt Nutrition on page 55 of the January 2010 MD.  It looks like Jorge has reconsidered the effectiveness of advertising there.

Give me two years.  On that note, being philanthropic while building wealth is silly - once you have a lot of wealth you have more to give away.  Ironic that being "greedy" actually creates an opportunity for an individual to give much more back.  Which I will do once I reach my goals.  I am just happy to have my freedom and not be in PRISON thanks to Special Ed.

Where I live, a million dollars would be a lot of money.  Enough to live comfortably for the rest of your life simply off interest in a guaranteed investment fund.  Is a million dollars even a lot of money in a lot of US states?  My city has the most affordable housing in Canada and a $50,000 property investment will yield $800 a month in rent.  Property is cheap and rent is high so there is opportunity for real estate investments here.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »
Matt C - Any plans to launch your own supplement line?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »

The content on your site is not copyrighted and can't be since it would be the equivalent to copyrighting trivia.  I put a link to your site on every page on my website [although the forum links were recently removed when I switched skins but will be back soon].  I also use your affiliate links in my forum where possible, although again, a lot of those links were purged when I updated the skin.  I can't calculate how much revenue the contest results pages generated for me over the years because I was never specifically tracking it.

I am doing very well now, I'll admit that.  But only because of the low cost of living where I live.  It's kind of like my strength: in any gym I walk into in town I am one of the strongest guys there.  In virtually any gym in a bigger city, I would be nothing close to the strongest people there.

The liquidity I have right now is backing two properties I recently acquired.  My bodybuilding website has definitely paid off for me, but it is only a portion of what I do.  My goal is to get revenue up slightly and only babysit it from that point forward.

What you should do Tim, is forward me a banner ad for your website to put on my site for you.  Those kinds of ads run for around $25 or more each and if I give you the space for no cost, it is definitely throwing something back your way.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »
I fear that if money gets tight you'll be forced into "straight 4 pay"

Are you saying that I hate benders?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com