Author Topic: Some Training Shots of Nasser..  (Read 20016 times)

Magnus

• Getbig III
  • my english sucks (not from US)
Re: Some Training Shots of Nasser..
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2009, 09:08:41 AM »

this will be a classic

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2009, 07:42:40 PM »
Sherief you are a genious!  Wonderful collection here, brought back lots of memories.  I used to have this one on my wall of my apartment when I was in university, it was a two-page poster in one of the Flex magazines

Nasser easily had the best front double bicep pose of all time

Hey Sherief, do you have the Flex mag article that went over his preparation for the 95 NOC?  I lost all my old Flex mags years ago one of the times when I was moving.  If not maybe I will go through Huge Nasser's collection next time I visit as he has copies of all old Flex magazines as well as many photo prints from various shows, backstage, from Chris Lund,  trophies, etc.  His place is like a bodybuilding museum that way.

imo beside the front double biceps nasser had also the best most muscular (with its 2 variations) and the best abs/thighs..

unfortunately bobs i dont have this issue, i remember well the first flex issue i bought was the one of june 1996 and in it there were amazing shots of nasser training his biceps (see one of them below).. i couldn't believe his size and shape!!.. everything was just right on him, i was like this  :o :o :o when i noticed his great calves!!..

yes plz check these old articles and photos in the "Museum of the Wizard" when you visit him and if possible try to scan them ;D

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »
13 reps at 225lbs during the bench press comp - that is all.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
13 reps at 225lbs during the bench press comp - that is all.

and do you really think this was his best??.. i am 75 kg (165 lbs) and can do more than 15 reps with the 225!!.. i have a friend (not natural) who did it for 50 reps in a power lifting competition!!.. at the same competition i did 35 reps with the 80 kg (177 lbs)!!..

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »
and do you really think this was his best??.. i am 75 kg (165 lbs) and can do more than 15 reps with the 225!!.. i have a friend (not natural) who did it for 50 reps in a power lifting competition!!.. at the same competition i did 35 reps with the 80 kg (177 lbs)!!..

I don't know what is best is.. but that was his best on that day.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

you can do 15+ reps with 225 @ 165 lbs ?....I'm calling bullshit Sherif

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
you can do 15+ reps with 225 @ 165 lbs ?....I'm calling bullshit Sherif

believe it or not man but i swear to ALLAH when i was in my early 20s i did 130 kg (287 lbs) for 6 reps (without any support) and i was only few pounds heavier than i am now, i also did 150 kg (332 lbs) for 2 reps (without any support).. now i rarely start with the flat bench press (actually i rarely do it) but will try it to see how many reps i can do now with the 225 lbs but in all cases i am sure will do more than 12-13 reps easily..

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »
believe it or not man but i swear to ALLAH when i was in my early 20s i did 130 kg (287 lbs) for 6 reps (without any support) and i was only few pounds heavier than i am now, i also did 150 kg (332 lbs) for 2 reps (without any support).. now i rarely start with the flat bench press (actually i rarely do it) but will try it to see how many reps i can do now with the 225 lbs but in all cases i am sure will do more than 12-13 reps easily..

pics at 24fps or it didn't happen.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
pics at 24fps or it didn't happen.

i really dont care if you beleive or not :P

by the way i have a certificate from that powerlifting contest mentioning that i did 80 kg for 35 reps and placed 2nd.. if you have someone who can translate arabic i can send to you..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
from the front nasser owned dorian more than anyone else 8)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
from the front nasser owned dorian more than anyone else 8)

Too bad it didn't get him any Sandows ;D

x   6   =   

+      =   

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
Too bad it didn't get him any Sandows ;D

x   6   =   

+      =   

bad for the sport and not for the wizard :P i really mean it!!..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2009, 09:50:58 PM »
bad for the sport and not for the wizard :P i really mean it!!..

Seriously though, I don't think it would have made any difference to bodybuilding as to who'd won the 97 or 96 or 2001 Olympia or whatever - it would just spark a series of discussions that would replace the ones we have going about those Olympias now.

You've got to move on from the 90s, Sherief - the 97 Olympia is a dead horse that's been beaten to death too many times.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »
Seriously though, I don't think it would have made any difference to bodybuilding who'd won the 97 or 96 or 2001 Olympia or whatever - it would just spark a series of discussions that would replace the ones we have going about those Olympias now.

You've got to move on from the 90s, Sherief - the 97 Olympia is a dead horse that's been beaten to death too many times.

funny thing kiwi to ask me this question while you were the one who mentioned sandows!!.. all what i said was that nasser owned dorian from the front and this is a timeless fact that can be mentioned in the 90s or now or in the future by our kids :-X ;D

Jonny34

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
 ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
Sherief you are a genious!  Wonderful collection here, brought back lots of memories. I used to have this one on my wall of my apartment when I was in university, it was a two-page poster in one of the Flex magazines

ahahahahahaha

you must have been a real hit with the ladies, eh stud?
b

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2009, 12:49:48 AM »
I don't know what is best is.. but that was his best on that day.

Actually, no it was not.

The whole "bench press contest" was a competition between Weider vs. Muscletech.  Each supplement company chose their athletes to compete in it.  Weider chose Nasser among others, since he was one of the stronger Weider athletes and probably because he was not competing in the Olympia that year either.  Nasser did not want to do the bench press contest because he thought its dumb to risk an injury for something so pointless, but he was told he HAD to, as a Weider athlete.  He then defiantly decided that he'll just go and do 10 reps and put the bar back, not taking the contest seriously at all.  When it was his turn, he kept going a bit after 10 and stopped at 15.  However, that was nowhere near an honest attempt by Nasser.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:42 AM »
Actually, no it was not.

The whole "bench press contest" was a competition between Weider vs. Muscletech.  Each supplement company chose their athletes to compete in it.  Weider chose Nasser among others, since he was one of the stronger Weider athletes and probably because he was not competing in the Olympia that year either.  Nasser did not want to do the bench press contest because he thought its dumb to risk an injury for something so pointless, but he was told he HAD to, as a Weider athlete.  He then defiantly decided that he'll just go and do 10 reps and put the bar back, not taking the contest seriously at all.  When it was his turn, he kept going a bit after 10 and stopped at 15.  However, that was nowhere near an honest attempt by Nasser.

i know that his best in the traps barbell shrugs was 11 plates on each side!!.. you are talking here about 1035 lbs!!..

BanksMcgee

• Getbig II
  • The Mighty Ducks Didn't let Emilio Estevez down!
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
-BM

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2009, 04:56:14 AM »
funny thing kiwi to ask me this question while you were the one who mentioned sandows!!.. all what i said was that nasser owned dorian from the front and this is a timeless fact that can be mentioned in the 90s or now or in the future by our kids :-X ;D

Nasser didn't own Dorian- that's why he LOST. It wasn't the judges or any other trumped up excuse nasser makes up to make himself fewel better.

No matter how much you sob and cry the timeless record will show that Dorian beat nasser every time out of the gate. No if's and but's can change that FACT.

In the future people will be laughing at nasser.

Even your kids laugh at nasser after they finish laughing at you.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2009, 06:30:34 AM »
the more pics of nasser posted here... the more i notice how overrated he was...

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2009, 07:01:39 AM »
LOL so true, Little man Sherif is still melting down even after he got denied trying to be a MOD, Sherif gets no respect from anyone, his family must think he is such a let down. Little bald Sheriff.  ;D

You suck dick to post that stupid pic again.  ::)

Jonny34

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2009, 07:18:18 AM »
You suck dick to post that stupid pic again.  ::)

Sounds like you have a lot of experience at that faget. Let me guess, your father makes you wake up every morning, with your "Immortal Technique" and service him, hence all the cold sores on your face.   hahahah  Little arabic faget.  ;D

:)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
Sounds like you have a lot of experience at that faget. Let me guess, your father makes you wake up every morning, with your "Immortal Technique" and service him, hence all the cold sores on your face.   hahahah  Little arabic faget.  ;D

:)

HaHa