Author Topic: Father Shoots Son  (Read 921 times)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Father Shoots Son
« on: November 20, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
I don't know how big this story is in the US, but i read it in the paper earlier today. Fatherly justice was swift and aggressive in this instance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8369954.stm

US man charged with murder over son's shooting
map

A US man has been charged with murder for allegedly shooting his teenage son dead on suspicion he had inappropriate contact with a three-year-old girl.

Jamar Pinkney is accused of killing his 15-year-old son, Jamar Jr, in Highland Park, near Detroit, on Monday.

The boy was shot once in the head despite begging his father to spare his life, the boy's mother said.

A judge ordered Mr Pinkney to be sent to jail without bail until a preliminary examination on 1 December.

On Wednesday, Judge Brigette Officer also entered a not guilty plea for Mr Pinkney - a 37-year-old mail carrier.

Mother's account

"This is the most horrible thing that's ever happened to him," Mr Pinkney's lawyer, Corbett O'Meara, was quoted by the Detroit Free Press after the arraignment.

"He's calm. He appears to understand what's going on," the lawyer added.

Mr Pinkney was also charged with assault.

The boy's mother, Lazette Cherry, earlier told the newspaper that Jamar Jr had told her he had had inappropriate contact with a three-year-old girl.

"I called and told his father. This isn't something you sweep under the rug," Mrs Cherry said.

She added that Mr Pinkney then arrived at her home with a gun and forced her son to go outside despite her pleas.

"He got on his knees and begged, 'No, daddy! No,' and he pulled the trigger," Mrs Cherry said.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Father Shoots Son
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:30:57 PM »
jamar, jamar jnr..........hmmmm.
No doubt about it...

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »
Whoops. My bad. I see there's a post on this already.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
Shit!  I thought Goodrum finally found out who his dad is.
No Worries 4 me

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »
Maybe it was a mercy kill. So he wouldn't get traded around prison for a cigarette.  ???
A

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
X