Author Topic: Seriously, i think Kevin must have been a strong squatter  (Read 4151 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Re: Seriously, i think Kevin must have been a strong squatter
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
He's definitely one of the stronger pros. And you're right about his being a strong squatter. I know you can't trust FLEX magazine all the way, but I remember reading he used to squat around 700 lb, although I think that was on a smith machine. This was around the time he turned pro. Which is why his legs looked their best in the 92 Olympia.

Yeah I remember reading that he was a powerlifter before switching to bodybuilding. Story has it that he was competing in a lifting comp and decided to try out at a bb comp next door and one thing led to another.  Could be some Flexmag spin though

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
i have one of the best legs in here and barcelona. 8)

::)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »
Yeah I remember reading that he was a powerlifter before switching to bodybuilding. Story has it that he was competing in a lifting comp and decided to try out at a bb comp next door and one thing led to another.  Could be some Flexmag spin though

Not sure, but I think he mentioned something similar in one of his videos or maybe in a video like the BFTO or something. Earl probably knows.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:28 AM »
Not surprising, out of all the pros Levrone was one of the strongest, he held back a lot even in his videos of him benching 405 for 12, could have easily done 15 or maybe even 20 like he said. Very strong dude. Wonder what his deadlifts were??

Some guys are made for benching or squatting, don't have to be very big to lift big, mainly genetics.

All pros take drugs, some are weaker than others and some are stronger than others, again, genetics.

Strong probably are Prince, Ronnie, Cormier, Francois, Yates, Robinson, Levrone, etc...