Author Topic: UFC 107 Predictions  (Read 33669 times)

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: UFC 107 Predictions
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2009, 10:16:32 AM »
mir is like an anaconda!!! he only has alot of trouble with really bigger guys who are great punchers...an average size guy he can wrap up and submit    late 3rd round submission mir winner

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2009, 10:22:28 AM »
I got mir 1st rd sub....

BTW did you see he weighed in at 264lbs :o....dude put on 20lbs since his last fight & still has visable abs
DAWG

SweetGeez

• Getbig II
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
My client........

or fat Frank Mir?
I say Mr.Mir.. Kongo is a good striker,but that's it... Mir is still riding his 1st win against Brock...Not as good as he thinks he is,but still better than Kongo...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
Hbht, as far as going to UFC fights, the promoters only pay for 2 corner men I've been to a few UFC's but I'm refuse to pay a fortune to see it. I have do however go to all of my fighters local fights and usually corner for them. I was in Oklahoma for UFC fight night when my fighter Jay Silva fought CB Dollaway and I will be in Fairfax, Va Jan 11 when both my fighters Jay Silva and Brad Blackburn fight on the same card. Brad will be listed as either a Main or CO main event. Jay is fighting Chris Leben and Brad is fighting Saballa (sp). I leave for 107 today.

Don't you think it's a bit disingenuous to call these guys "my fighters" when you're not their head trainer?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »
I tried to help you, i really did, but.... ;D

Sorry, voter intimidation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »
Hmm. I try not to use 'big' words where a shorter, more concise one will do. However, I do try to use the right word at the right time, regardless of length, or IQ of the reader. 

/and you do know that the black panther party was dissolved, like, 30 years ago, right!?

Holder's Black Panther Stonewall
Why did the Justice Department dismiss such a clear case of voter intimidation?

* Article
    * Comments (192)

more in Opinion »

* Email
    * Printer
      Friendly
    * Share:

facebook ↓ More
          o StumbleUpon
          o Digg
          o Twitter
          o Yahoo! Buzz
          o Fark
          o Reddit
          o LinkedIn
          o del.icio.us
          o MySpace

Save This ↓ More
    * smaller Text larger

By JOHN FUND

President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode—which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"—began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

In the first week of January, the Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members, saying they violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act by scaring voters with the weapon, uniforms and racial slurs. In March, Mr. Bull submitted an affidavit at Justice's request to support its lawsuit.

View Full Image
fund
Associated Press

Attorney General Eric Holder
fund
fund

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.

There was outrage over the decision among Congressional Republicans, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, and in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division—especially after it was learned one of the defendants who walked was Jerry Jackson, a member of Philadelphia's 14th Ward Democratic Committee and a credentialed poll watcher for the Democratic Party last Election Day.

Then the Washington Times reported on July 30 that six career lawyers at Justice who had recommended continuing to pursue the case were overruled by Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli—a top administration political appointee. One of the career attorneys, Appellate Chief Diana Flynn, had urged in an internal memo that a judgment be pressed against the defendants to "prevent the paramilitary style intimidation of voters" in the future.

Justice spokesman Alejandro Miyar says the dismissal was "based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law." But Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.), has been asking for more information. Assistant Attorney General Ronald Welch, for example, claims in a July 13 letter to Mr. Wolf that charges against the New Black Panther Party itself were dropped because there wasn't "evidentiary support" to prove they "directed" the intimidation. But Mr. Wolf notes in a letter sent to Justice that one defendant, Black Panther Party Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz, said on Fox News just after the election that his activities at the polling station were part of a nationwide effort. Mr. Shabazz added that the Black Panther activities in Philadelphia were justified due to "an emergency situation."

Mr. Wolf's demands that Justice make the career attorneys on the case available for questions have been rebuffed. He also wants the House Judiciary Committee to hold hearings. A spokesman for House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers was noncommittal as to whether any hearing would be held.

The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights voted on Aug. 7 to send a letter to Justice expanding its own investigation and demanding more complete answers. "We believe the Department's defense of its actions thus far undermines respect for rule of law," its letter stated. It noted "the peculiar logic" of one Justice argument, that defendants' failure to show up in court was a reason for dismissing the case: "Such an argument sends a perverse message to wrongdoers—that attempts at voter suppression will be tolerated so long as the persons who engage in them are careful not to appear in court to answer the government's complaint."

The commission noted that it could subpoena witnesses and documents if Justice doesn't better explain its actions.

President Obama needs to clear the air. As a former law professor who specialized in voting rights, he is aware of how important even-handed application of the law is to election integrity. In 2007, then-Sen. Obama introduced a bill to protect Americans from tactics that intimidate voters. It also increased the criminal penalty for voter intimidation to five years in prison from one year.

"There is no place for politics in this debate," he testified before Mr. Conyers's committee in March, 2007. "Both parties at different periods in our history have been guilty in different regions of preventing people from voting for a tactical advantage. We should be beyond that."

One way to get there is for Mr. Obama to insist his Justice Department reinstate the Black Panther case or provide a full explanation for why it was dropped.

Mr. Fund is a columnist for WSJ.com.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »
:)

Irony.

BTW--

What do black panthers assaulting a reporter have to do with the Democrats?

Did they become members of the party?

Plain stupid logic.

My God!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »
Hmm. Voter intimidation. If true, it's shitty. But of course, that doesn't hold a candle to getting the Supreme Court to see you elected. Now that is how to really wield power.  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2009, 10:38:12 AM »
Richard Nixon

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:07 PM »
figures you quote John Fund...a big fag

spinnis

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »
I got mir 1st rd sub....

BTW did you see he weighed in at 264lbs :o....dude put on 20lbs since his last fight & still has visable abs

Last fight, probably sucked down 10 pounds of water one day before the fight (weigh in)

this fight he didn't have to.

so the difference is probably not 20 pounds though

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
Anyone watching?
Live link that's still active?
☠ Order of Nephilim

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

He's probably trying to gather every link he can find so he can flood the thread with cut and paste propaganda.
That's his usual tactic when he can't debate

Holder's Black Panther Stonewall
Why did the Justice Department dismiss such a clear case of voter intimidation?

* Article
    * Comments (192)

more in Opinion »

* Email
    * Printer
      Friendly
    * Share:

facebook ↓ More
          o StumbleUpon
          o Digg
          o Twitter
          o Yahoo! Buzz
          o Fark
          o Reddit
          o LinkedIn
          o del.icio.us
          o MySpace

Save This ↓ More
    * smaller Text larger

By JOHN FUND

President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode—which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"—began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

In the first week of January, the Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members, saying they violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act by scaring voters with the weapon, uniforms and racial slurs. In March, Mr. Bull submitted an affidavit at Justice's request to support its lawsuit.

View Full Image
fund
Associated Press

Attorney General Eric Holder
fund
fund

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.

There was outrage over the decision among Congressional Republicans, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, and in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division—especially after it was learned one of the defendants who walked was Jerry Jackson, a member of Philadelphia's 14th Ward Democratic Committee and a credentialed poll watcher for the Democratic Party last Election Day.

Then the Washington Times reported on July 30 that six career lawyers at Justice who had recommended continuing to pursue the case were overruled by Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli—a top administration political appointee. One of the career attorneys, Appellate Chief Diana Flynn, had urged in an internal memo that a judgment be pressed against the defendants to "prevent the paramilitary style intimidation of voters" in the future.

Justice spokesman Alejandro Miyar says the dismissal was "based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law." But Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.), has been asking for more information. Assistant Attorney General Ronald Welch, for example, claims in a July 13 letter to Mr. Wolf that charges against the New Black Panther Party itself were dropped because there wasn't "evidentiary support" to prove they "directed" the intimidation. But Mr. Wolf notes in a letter sent to Justice that one defendant, Black Panther Party Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz, said on Fox News just after the election that his activities at the polling station were part of a nationwide effort. Mr. Shabazz added that the Black Panther activities in Philadelphia were justified due to "an emergency situation."

Mr. Wolf's demands that Justice make the career attorneys on the case available for questions have been rebuffed. He also wants the House Judiciary Committee to hold hearings. A spokesman for House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers was noncommittal as to whether any hearing would be held.

The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights voted on Aug. 7 to send a letter to Justice expanding its own investigation and demanding more complete answers. "We believe the Department's defense of its actions thus far undermines respect for rule of law," its letter stated. It noted "the peculiar logic" of one Justice argument, that defendants' failure to show up in court was a reason for dismissing the case: "Such an argument sends a perverse message to wrongdoers—that attempts at voter suppression will be tolerated so long as the persons who engage in them are careful not to appear in court to answer the government's complaint."

The commission noted that it could subpoena witnesses and documents if Justice doesn't better explain its actions.

President Obama needs to clear the air. As a former law professor who specialized in voting rights, he is aware of how important even-handed application of the law is to election integrity. In 2007, then-Sen. Obama introduced a bill to protect Americans from tactics that intimidate voters. It also increased the criminal penalty for voter intimidation to five years in prison from one year.

"There is no place for politics in this debate," he testified before Mr. Conyers's committee in March, 2007. "Both parties at different periods in our history have been guilty in different regions of preventing people from voting for a tactical advantage. We should be beyond that."

One way to get there is for Mr. Obama to insist his Justice Department reinstate the Black Panther case or provide a full explanation for why it was dropped.

Mr. Fund is a columnist for WSJ.com.

Predictable!
Who's going to read this shit, and why does the Coach pull it out every time he gets pinned.
He makes a dubious association between some radicals acting independently and the Democratic party--as if there's a real link.
There's a big difference between the action of rogues, and a Republican party that actually promotes crypto-racist like Limbaugh.
I bet he staunchly refuses to recognise the greatness of our multi-ethnic savior, Obama.
☠ Order of Nephilim

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2009, 06:15:04 PM »
Anyone watching?
Live link that's still active?

I'm

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »
...searching justintv.
☠ Order of Nephilim

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »
...searching justintv.

Don't waste your time

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
Don't waste your time

I heard the VIP links are good. Only cost 3.00.

http://www.vip-tv.co.uk/
☠ Order of Nephilim

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2009, 07:00:22 PM »
Mmmmm, what you see twink, is me backing my arguements. Chimps said the Black Panthers dismembered 30 years ago, I posted proof they were not. What are you, like 14 or something. Unlike you and most people who talk shit, I can back what I say.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:25 PM »
Mmmmm, what you see twink, is me backing my arguements. Chimps said the Black Panthers dismembered 30 years ago, I posted proof they were not. What are you, like 14 or something. Unlike you and most people who talk shit, I can back what I say.
please post proof again...can't seem to find it.  thanks.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »

Again, what do the Panthers have to do with the Democratic party?
☠ Order of Nephilim

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
http://watchme45.blogspot.com/

this one should work

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »
Black Panther Party
Founded    1966 (1966)
Dissolved    c. 1976

-from wiki

Coach? Do you have a learning disability? are you dyslexic? serious now. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2009, 07:26:32 PM »
So I guess the article was wrong?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »
So I guess the article was wrong?
See. This is why you get so much flack, Coach. There is a serious lack of comprehension and synthesis on your part.  :-\

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2009, 07:34:41 PM »
See. This is why you get so much flack, Coach. There is a serious lack of comprehension and synthesis on your part.  :-\

Also, he's a Christian.

What are you, like 14 or something.

Yes...I represent the future of Amerika.
But also the past. I am hundreds of years old.  
☠ Order of Nephilim