Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76465 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »
Who cares about health when you have a chance to stand on a stage and get 10th place in panty parade and then soil your thong.
P

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »
Bitch. Skank. Ugly transgenderous monster.
LOL. *Writes down*    ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
whatever happened to the "all advil" campaign Advil had going, that was obnoxious. Glad it failed.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
I was alerted to the shit you guys are talking about Luke Wood. All of you are so high on your horses but have ANY of you ever done battle on the stage? HELL NO or you wouldn't be talking shit!!! Just as those of you that always flamed me when i was on here, dare you to step in the cage with me...I don't care what size you are, give me 3 minutes, you'll be tapping out or asleep in my arms like a baby...Keyboard gladiators, you're not cool, nor does your flaming of others raise your worth in others eyes...I guffaw at your smallness

hahaha you are an ignorant monkey. Your stupidity owns you. I am sure your war hero son is very proud of his mother that uses steroids and fights in a cage for money. Shame on you for talking about IQ and your "multiple degrees"...  ::)

-A Dub.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »
I dont think anyone, including physicians could point their finger to 1 drug or substance and say "AH HA its because of that!" But certainly diuretics, high protein diet, AAS, script pain killers (although morphine, nubain etc aren't typically nephrotoxic), advil etc can all add to his kidney problems.

Chick is right that AAS alone aren't typically the culprit of kidney failure. you worry more about liver issues, transaminitis, there is even some literature that suggests that AAS can cause benign cystic liver lesions which although benign, can rupture and cause issues.

but certainly HTN and DM can damage the kidneys... with AAS, insulin, GH potentially causing HTN and DM.

This is sad news for Luke, he seems like a good person and I wish him well. At the same time, I am sure he knows that he is the cause of his condition and will have to man up and deal with the cards that are dealt.

-A Dub

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
messiah would know that is his gym...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »
how recent is this youtube video?

He said he was almost 33 in the video and his date of birth is February 8th, 1976, so it would have been sometime shortly before February of this year.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2009, 03:57:34 AM »
Wow,34 years old!!

Best of luck Luke........stay strong.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2009, 05:20:43 AM »
He said he was almost 33 in the video and his date of birth is February 8th, 1976, so it would have been sometime shortly before February of this year.

thanks.  i like their accents 

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2009, 05:35:23 AM »
You have guys like Luke Wood with their kidneys/health failing within less than a decade on the pro circuit, then you have guys like Coleman and Cutler and Warren who are still around although they have been in it longer than Luke and achieved more than he has!

Makes you wonder...  :(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2009, 06:00:56 AM »
Luke is a class act and managed to weather the bullshit storm, here at GB with poise.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
NUBAIN is the main cause.....Why use it?  I really dont know the answer to that question...always seemed strange to me as well, then again, so does getting drunk. I never even heard of it until I moved to LA back in 01, and when it was explained to me what it was...my next question was "So why use it?"

All I know is, its bad news

So you never tried to get Tom Prince any help, or at least talk to him? Surely you must have seen first hand what the effects of Nubain addiction did. Im not saying you would have been able to stop him, or change his actions, but surely you could have tried?  ???

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2009, 08:08:28 AM »
I didnt mention blood pressure, and it may effect it TO A POINT...but the damage inflicted by Nubain, Advil, Ibuprofin, etc., isnt even measureable to be compared. As I''ve said many times...it's the combination thats the main problem...stress from training, stress from hypertention, stress from too much protein, and stress from pain killers...add in the riggors of contest dieting and throw in a few diuretics, and it doesnt add up to a good situation.

Not to bust your balls....but a serious question.... What steps are you attempting to implement, to try and discourage this kind of reckless behaviour? Did you once consider yourself reckless? You wound up in the hospital once due to diuretic complications... (yes I know that you also had the "flu" at the time.. but still).

If you can agree that IFBB pros are putting themselves in precarious situations with their health... then what are you doing to try and stop this?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:42 AM »
how recent is this youtube video?
Wow! That's not gay in the least.  :-\

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2009, 08:22:36 AM »

this song best personifies the undying quest to not give a shit about dying and going for it no matter what

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »
"Why do bodybuilders use nubain and other pain killers?"

I think many go to them after some minor injury at first... they use the pain killers to blunt the pain from their injury and to still be able to continue to train (They are stupid for doing this, but it happens all the time.)

Pro wrestlers have been doing this for years, same with pro football players etc. Why a bodybuilder would feel the need to do it, when all they have is time to rest and recover, is beyond me... but, to restate the obvious, bodybuilders use them to continue to train... They then get addicted, build up TOLERANCE and continue to use more and more until they either O.D, or whatever…

It's completely stupid because although you aren't really feeling the "PAIN" from your injury, you are still continuing you injure yourself and injure yourself WORSE in most cases... It's pretty sad, but that's the skinny.

-A DUB - Master of the obvious

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
who needs a kidney anyway.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »
"Why do bodybuilders use nubain and other pain killers?"

I think many go to them after some minor injury at first... they use the pain killers to blunt the pain from their injury and to still be able to continue to train (They are stupid for doing this, but it happens all the time.)

Pro wrestlers have been doing this for years, same with pro football players etc. Why a bodybuilder would feel the need to do it, when all they have is time to rest and recover, is beyond me... but, to restate the obvious, bodybuilders use them to continue to train... They then get addicted, build up TOLERANCE and continue to use more and more until they either O.D, or whatever…

It's completely stupid because although you aren't really feeling the "PAIN" from your injury, you are still continuing you injure yourself and injure yourself WORSE in most cases... It's pretty sad, but that's the skinny.

-A DUB - Master of the obvious

I don't think Nubain use has anything to do with injuries or physical pain. They just want to get high. They may feel it helps the bodybuilding routine somehow but mainly just use narcotics because it feels good.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
You have guys like Luke Wood with their kidneys/health failing within less than a decade on the pro circuit, then you have guys like Coleman and Cutler and Warren who are still around although they have been in it longer than Luke and achieved more than he has!

Makes you wonder...  :(

Stop wondering, it's genetics.  :)

Another factor may simply be top guys do fewer shows and make real money from endorsements and guest posing.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »
Stop wondering, it's genetics.  :)

Another factor may simply be top guys do fewer shows and make real money from endorsements and guest posing.

This is probably the least talked about genetic advantage in bodybuilding... The ability to have a pro level physique, with only having to take relatively small doses.

Or better put... the "Epic Horselike Constitution!"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:15 PM »
Not to bust your balls....but a serious question.... What steps are you attempting to implement, to try and discourage this kind of reckless behaviour? Did you once consider yourself reckless? You wound up in the hospital once due to diuretic complications... (yes I know that you also had the "flu" at the time.. but still).

If you can agree that IFBB pros are putting themselves in precarious situations with their health... then what are you doing to try and stop this?

I've taken ZERO steps to try and discourage this reckless behavior...if their own two eyes arent enough to see the problems others have faced doing the same thing...then there is nothing more I can add.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
I've taken ZERO steps to try and discourage this reckless behavior...if their own two eyes arent enough to see the problems others have faced doing the same thing...then there is nothing more I can add.

You are being absurd... you of all people should know of the "do anything it takes" mentality that all serious bodybuilders posses to some extent or another. In fact I am sure that even you pushed the envelope more and more as the years went by, and the chance of you getting a pro card seemed slimmer, and slimmer.

As I sated earlier you even got yourself in trouble with diuretics, so are you just as reckless as some of the others? Be honest about this...

Anyways... you can try and change things by lobbying to either alter the judging standards in an effort to penalize an overly chemical look to the competitors, or reinstate diuretic testing, (Which IMO is probably the best option for various reasons).

If you "care so much" about bodybuilders, and this sport like you say you do, then you would be discussing ideas to try and better it, instead of trying to constantly save face, try and prove your right no matter how silly you come off in the process, or calling us all trolls/closet homosexuals, etc....