Author Topic: Most revolutionary tag teams of all time!!!  (Read 12174 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Most revolutionary tag teams of all time!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »
Speaking of tag teams, what do you guys think of the Hart Dynasty? David Hart Smith & Tyson Kid?  They are quite young and still have a long future ahead of them. Tyson Kid was trained by Brett Hart and David Hart Smith is just like his old man Davey Boy. Any thoughts?
             playboy , i wonder how much brett hart actually trained tyson kidd after reading the chris jericho book. jericho states that when he went to the hart dungeon for training a hart brother only showed up the first day to collect his money hung around showed him a few holds, and that was the last he saw of any hart's. he was actually trained by an employee an old man who trained him useing stu hart's book.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
             playboy , i wonder how much brett hart actually trained tyson kidd after reading the chris jericho book. jericho states that when he went to the hart dungeon for training a hart brother only showed up the first day to collect his money hung around showed him a few holds, and that was the last he saw of any hart's. he was actually trained by an employee an old man who trained him useing stu hart's book.
Regardless, he stills looks impressive in the ring.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
Still shocked The Rockers never "offically" won the titles, which shows the depth of the tag division at the time

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »
The Sheepherders in a 6 man 2/3 falls

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 05:29:32 AM »
Still shocked The Rockers never "offically" won the titles, which shows the depth of the tag division at the time

What's sad about that is that they were denied because of a legitimate top rope malfunction....

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 06:06:26 AM »
Anyone remember the New Breed, Sean Royal and Chris Champion? They were really good and doing some innovative stuff in the ring. When I was a kid I was getting really into them but then they just faded away. I know the talent pool was just waaaay too much back then but by today's standards they would be the cream of the crop.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »
Anyone remember the New Breed, Sean Royal and Chris Champion? They were really good and doing some innovative stuff in the ring. When I was a kid I was getting really into them but then they just faded away. I know the talent pool was just waaaay too much back then but by today's standards they would be the cream of the crop.
Never heard of them. What promotion were they working for?

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 06:03:10 PM »
Never heard of them. What promotion were they working for?

Don't say that Playboy!!! You should know them!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 08:10:48 AM »
I'm thinking that these guys and gal are gonna become superstars in 2010. Especially if Uncle Bret comes back into Federationville

I'm sure that was a very big deciding factor in Bret returning.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 08:27:50 AM »
In fact, it may have played a big role in Bret’s decision to return as well as Vince’s decision to extend the invitation.

Bret would be helping out “the kids.”
Vince would be helping to solidify his future talent.
I think the old man realizes there’s a good chance that this trio is a big part – and will become an even bigger part – of the future of WWE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 04:34:11 AM »
Don't say that Playboy!!! You should know them!!!!

Ok ok....now I remember. Too many vodka / orange juices on friday!  :D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »
Absolutely. I'm sold after seeing them on Smackdown the other night. I believe they are definitely the Future of the Federation. Davey Jr. and that vertical suplex is a really special thing. It'd be great if the chick started putting people int he Sharp Shooter. With Uncle Bret in town. 2010 is The Hart Dynasty.

Now, let's just hope that creative doesn't fukk this up, too.

Well...I should say Vince - he is, afterall, the one who gives final okay on that stuff.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 06:44:58 AM »

Now, let's just hope that creative doesn't fukk this up, too.

Well...I should say Vince - he is, afterall, the one who gives final okay on that stuff.
Exactly. Vince okay's everything at the end so he's the one to blame if the product is sour.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
I use the same logic when discussing the “death” of WCW.
Most debates are over who was more devastating to the company – Russo or Bischoff.

You can debate whose ideas were more destructive...
But in the end, the guy who should get the most blame is the one person who had the power to step in any time he wanted and say, “NO!”
That man’s name is Ted Turner.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 04:40:40 AM »
I use the same logic when discussing the “death” of WCW.
Most debates are over who was more devastating to the company – Russo or Bischoff.

You can debate whose ideas were more destructive...
But in the end, the guy who should get the most blame is the one person who had the power to step in any time he wanted and say, “NO!”
That man’s name is Ted Turner.

Neither Russo or Bishoff. It was their suit and tie non-wrestling bosses (higher ups) that didn't know the wrestling business that killed WCW. Russo was Vince's head writer for years in the ninties before jumping ship with Ed Farrara to WCW. Bishoff upped the ratings for 96 weeks in a row.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
I always think about the Rock and Roll Express and Guerrero's feud forom the 80's. But my Fav's were Road Warrior's and the Free Bird's.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 04:32:07 AM »
I think one of the most under-rated teams out there was always Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard. They went together like peanut butter & chocolate. Excellent tag team.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 05:30:22 AM »
They operated like a well oiled machine.

Too bad Tully never got over that WWF run/departure.
He’s still pissed at Heenan over comments Bobby made on air after the Brain Busters went back to Georgia.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 08:07:55 AM »
They operated like a well oiled machine.

Too bad Tully never got over that WWF run/departure.
He’s still pissed at Heenan over comments Bobby made on air after the Brain Busters went back to Georgia.

Really? What did Bobby say? I always thought that his failure to re-appear in the NWA (JCP) was due to a failure of a drug test in the then WWF that the NWA higher ups found out about. At that time the NWA and the WWF were really the only two places to go in North America to make any real coin unless you felt like going to Japan.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
I always thought the pair left WWF due to dissatisfaction over pay.
I'm not sure about the drug test issue, although it wouldn't surprise me - at least concerning Tully.
Regardless...

Bobby ran into Blanchard at a Cauliflower Alley banquet (or something) several years back.
He happily approached Tully and asked how his Dad Joe was doing.
Tully fired back, “Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

Bobby asked him what the heck was the matter.
Tully said, “You badmouthed the Brain Busters on WWF TV after we left.”

Bobby tried to explain how the fed had to give a reason for Arn’s & his departure.
Vince (or Pat) told Bobby to mention in his following week’s promo that the Brain Busters were too hard to do business with & he had to let them go.

That was it.
And Tully was pissed over that – a work – as if it had somehow buried his character & storied career.
I doubt that most fans so much as gave it a second thought, and other promoters & bookers would have known it was a work.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 05:00:37 AM »
I always thought the pair left WWF due to dissatisfaction over pay.
I'm not sure about the drug test issue, although it wouldn't surprise me - at least concerning Tully.
Regardless...

Bobby ran into Blanchard at a Cauliflower Alley banquet (or something) several years back.
He happily approached Tully and asked how his Dad Joe was doing.
Tully fired back, “Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

Bobby asked him what the heck was the matter.
Tully said, “You badmouthed the Brain Busters on WWF TV after we left.”

Bobby tried to explain how the fed had to give a reason for Arn’s & his departure.
Vince (or Pat) told Bobby to mention in his following week’s promo that the Brain Busters were too hard to do business with & he had to let them go.

That was it.
And Tully was pissed over that – a work – as if it had somehow buried his character & storied career.
I doubt that most fans so much as gave it a second thought, and other promoters & bookers would have known it was a work.

According to the Four Horsemen DVD, Arn & Tully left NWA over a pay dispute. Their WWE departure was due to them wanting to go back to reform the Four Horsemen in the NWA. But Tully got nailed for a failed drug test. He got high on coke and got burnt. NWA higher ups found out about this failed drug test and didn't rehire Tully.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2010, 12:37:45 PM »
Vampiro and Sting matched up well as a team.  Didn't last.
New Breed was awesome, that cast with the Xmas lights was hilarious.
Midnight Express had great moves.  Like the Divorce Court shoulder breaker, Gravedigger top rope front belly to belly suplex and then the Double Goozle or whatever it was called.
Powers of Pain had potential.  WWF wasted it.
Garvin and Hayes was awesome

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Powers of Pain had potential.  WWF wasted it.

I saw POP at a WWF house show in Baltimore right before they made their televised debut.
The crowd reaction was mediocre, but decent considering most people had no clue who they were.

I think Barb & Warlord would have gone over better if Demolition hadn't been around at the same time (not to mention one of the top tag teams).
Road Warriors/LOD was its own entity, but Powers of Pain would always be overshadowed by Demo.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
I saw POP at a WWF house show in Baltimore right before they made their televised debut.
The crowd reaction was mediocre, but decent considering most people had no clue who they were.

I think Barb & Warlord would have gone over better if Demolition hadn't been around at the same time (not to mention one of the top tag teams).
Road Warriors/LOD was its own entity, but Powers of Pain would always be overshadowed by Demo.

I saw them in a house show here in toronto back in 1988 against the Rockers. They were huge but again, not really a pop and they were pretty stiff in the ring. Kicks and forearm smashes. That's all. As singles I think they were really wasted. With good managers, they could have been great heels.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
I saw them in a house show here in toronto back in 1988 against the Rockers. They were huge but again, not really a pop and they were pretty stiff in the ring. Kicks and forearm smashes. That's all. As singles I think they were really wasted. With good managers, they could have been great heels.

The reason why was because the Road Warriors were so over that no one was buying into them. They were second rate and Vince knew it. Once he got the Road Warriors he disbanded the POP and made them singles wrestlers because there was no need for them to be around. Just another reason why the Road Warriors are the greatest ever.