Author Topic: Guess the image...  (Read 13424 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Guess the image...
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
Yes, because there is hardly anyone in the world who claims to have Irish descent  ::)

not openly  :-X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 05:25:38 PM »
not openly  :-X
No Irish No Blacks. *

* moosejay/connecticut enforced 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2009, 05:30:29 PM »
haha

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »
Cripes!! That is twisted like a Chandler novel. Thanks, AL.   :-\

A lot of people in other parts of the world think that Ireland is this romantic island which the nasty British took control of and the IRA freedome fighters fought the British soldiers for freedom.
Actually Northern Ireland is very much British and the vast majority of people are protestant Irish Brits who hate the catholics who live there and the catholics over the border in the republic of Ireland. There was as much terrorism by the protestant "British Northern Irish" UDA members as there was by the IRA. They were really fighting amongst themselves most of the time, the British army was there to keep peace.
Look at the youtube video posted. 3 people murdered and 60 injured by an English/Irishman against other Irish/Irishmen. It wasn't the British they were fighting at all and the funds raised by the IRA sympathisers in USA went to finance international gun and drug dealing activities.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

Beach next to the airport somewhere in France

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
Regardless who those soldiers were it was a horrific way to die. That is coming from an Irish Catholic from Belfast who lives 2-3 miles from where that all happened.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »
A lot of people in other parts of the world think that Ireland is this romantic island which the nasty British took control of and the IRA freedome fighters fought the British soldiers for freedom.
Actually Northern Ireland is very much British and the vast majority of people are protestant Irish Brits who hate the catholics who live there and the catholics over the border in the republic of Ireland. There was as much terrorism by the protestant "British Northern Irish" UDA members as there was by the IRA. They were really fighting amongst themselves most of the time, the British army was there to keep peace.
Look at the youtube video posted. 3 people murdered and 60 injured by an English/Irishman against other Irish/Irishmen. It wasn't the British they were fighting at all and the funds raised by the IRA sympathisers in USA went to finance international gun and drug dealing activities.
I guess I should have said twisted like Erskine Childer's novel 'The Riddle of the Sands.'* I think (?) he was executed for having possession of a weapon under that British Law thingy in 1916(?) or some farked up charge. Nothing like sectarian violence.  :-\

* goes to find said book

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
Also in Northern Ireland the prod:cath ratio is basically 1:1.

In repo of Ireland its basically all catholic

The brits were no use after internemnt and collussion was implemented

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
Regardless who those soldiers were it was a horrific way to die. That is coming from an Irish Catholic from Belfast who lives 2-3 miles from where that all happened.

we're just glad you're safe, Ursus

jokes aside, it was a real tragedy

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »
Also in Northern Ireland the prod:cath ratio is basically 1:1.

In repo of Ireland its basically all catholic

The brits were no use after internemnt and collussion was implemented
May sound like a stupid question, Goudy, but have the tensions diminished? I ask from a small town in Canada, and from here such events are unheard of.  ???

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
To a certain extent they have.

However there are still active paramilitaries on both sides. People are still wary of each sides - people are still stupid and still worship terrorists. Many of our political leaders were ex paramilitaries/murderers. We released 100s of paramilitaries onto the streets in the Good Friday Agreement.

They will never die as long as there is stupidity and ignorance.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
I STICKIED THIS

GOOD THREAD!
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »
Dr Chimps, in Northern Ireland during the troubles you had the catholic IRA fighting to break away from UK and the Protestant UDA fighting to keep Northern Ireland part of the UK. All terrorists, gangsters and nasty people regardless of which side they were on. The week before this event there was an IRA funeral and a UDA terrorist called Michael Stone went to the funeral and started shooting people. The funeral the next week was for people Stone had shot and British soldiers were sent to watch out for any more attacks. Unfortunately the IRA mourners thought the 2 soldiers were UDA terrorists and killed them on live television.
and you believe this? that they sent 2 guys with sidearms only to protect them?.......i have been in war, we tend to protect our own in the media.....regardless of intentions, dont believe everything you hear ;)

bench

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
and you believe this? that they sent 2 guys with sidearms only to protect them?.......i have been in war, we tend to protect our own in the media.....regardless of intentions, dont believe everything you hear ;)

bench

Well what do you think the soldiers were doing there then Mr Bench?  Were they AWOL ? Did the crowd know they were soldiers? I was in the RAF stationed in Germany when this happened.
Seriously what do you think?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
Well what do you think the soldiers were doing there then Mr Bench?  Were they AWOL ? Did the crowd know they were soldiers? I was in the RAF stationed in Germany when this happened.
Seriously what do you think?
read my last post carefully. then believe whatever you want ;)

bench

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »
I believe they went to see the funeral a foolosh move. Then paniced as they drove right into the cortege. I know the area well. It is easy to get lost.

All SAS carried guns so it was not unusual

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
I believe they went to see the funeral a foolosh move. Then paniced as they drove right into the cortege. I know the area well. It is easy to get lost.

All SAS carried guns so it was not unusual
thats what i am trying to say. when we were in Iraq 3 army soldiers decided to go to a funeral of a man that they had killed in a fire fight, just to prove they were badasses. they actually told people this, they wanted to go to the funeral to show these people "we don't fuck around"....my company was given orders the next day to recover the 3 bodies, take down any resistance in the area, and talk to no one in the media.

a week later the the soldiers were said to be killed by a road side bomb on a routine patrol ::)

bench

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2009, 05:49:10 PM »
I think they were just totally foolish. No need to do what they did and it cost them dearly with their lives.

You cant win a war against a people whose soldiers are normal citizens. Vietcong, IRA and Taliban.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »
I think they were just totally foolish. No need to do what they did and it cost them dearly with their lives.

You cant win a war against a people whose soldiers are normal citizens. Vietcong, IRA and Taliban.
exactly, and it pisses me off because we get blamed for it. i had a friend that got brought up on charges for shooting a school teacher in Astan. the fire fight erupted about 45yards from the school. the teacher ran out of the building firing a rifle at us. but they thought they had enough proof to arrest him when they did a background check and discovered that he might not be a terrorist..during the court hearing the military attorney who was prosecuting asked my friend why he shot the teacher and my friend explained, the attorney then asked "was the teacher wearing a uniform?".....the court erupted in laugher..the attorney had never been in foreign territory and was under the impression that the taliban wore uniforms......the trial lasted 2 hours, and the military dropped all charges.

bench

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
The 2 British soldiers were there to intimidate.

All British soldiers had been given orders to stay away from the funeral...... Those 2 disobeyed the orders. As bench said, they got what they deserved.
P

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2009, 10:44:49 PM »
what was the one in the bathroom stall?

the marines wife pic is very touching.  except for the whores (and there are many) i feel genuine empathy for any spouse whose significant other is off fighting somewhere.  i always swore i would get out of the military before i put someone through that.  nothing would break me down faster than knowing my girl would have to bury me sometime.