Author Topic: Possible Bret Hart/WWE news (Possible Spoliers)  (Read 9099 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Possible Bret Hart/WWE news (Possible Spoliers)
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:16 AM »
^^Wouldn't surprise me.

Did Taker have his fist taped during his Mania match with Michaels last year?

Lol, I don't think so  :). I personally cannot see the Undertaker's streak ending. It would ruin his WM storyline of "Who can beat the streak". It would weaken his charactor.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »
Just curious.
There are different reasons guys tape their fists before a match.

Dynamite used to do so before matches with Dave Shultz and Bad News because he didn’t entirely trust them in the ring.

Other guys like Hunter do it to enhance their tough-guy image.
Doubtful that anyone would try anything with him, anyway – not because he’s tough, but because he’s “family.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
Just curious.
There are different reasons guys tape their fists before a match.

Dynamite used to do so before matches with Dave Shultz and Bad News because he didn’t entirely trust them in the ring.

Other guys like Hunter do it to enhance their tough-guy image.
Doubtful that anyone would try anything with him, anyway – not because he’s tough, but because he’s “family.”

I would think they do it to enhance their "tough guy" personas.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »
Remember when some people (apparently, including some in the WWF locker room) accused Austin of wearing the hyper-extension knee braces to enhance his character's image?

That's kind of analogous to accusing Doink the Clown of wearing a green wig to get his character over.

Getting over with the fans is a big part of your job.
To fault someone for trying is ludicrous.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 08:22:11 AM »
Remember when some people (apparently, including some in the WWF locker room) accused Austin of wearing the hyper-extension knee braces to enhance his character's image?

That's kind of analogous to accusing Doink the Clown of wearing a green wig to get his character over.

Getting over with the fans is a big part of your job.
To fault someone for trying is ludicrous.

I always thought Austin's knee braces were because of ligitamte knee injuries.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
I believe it was - at least the first one.

The above rumors started after he began wearing them on both legs.
But if you have that kind of problem with one knee, it seems natural that the other is a candidate for the same symptoms while subjected to the same stumulus.
Even if he just wore it as a preventive measure. . .

Hunter also started wearing one around that time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
I believe it was - at least the first one.

The above rumors started after he began wearing them on both legs.
But if you have that kind of problem with one knee, it seems natural that the other is a candidate for the same symptoms while subjected to the same stumulus.
Even if he just wore it as a preventive measure. . .

Hunter also started wearing one around that time.

Hunter's is probably due to his past quad tears. I notice he has tensor bands underneath both knee pads.

Side note: Bret Hart is schedualed to appear on Raw tonight as is the Undertaker to answer HBK's challenge. The negative: Who are these two jackasses hosting Raw tonight??

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 04:55:24 AM »
And the cable is down in my apartment! Think Bret is gonna be the guest referee for Taker/Michaels II at Mania?
Looks like the WWE threw a curveball not bringing Bret in for Raw last night. Not just yet anyway. I see my prediction is coming true...so far  :) The breakup of DX has slowly begun as HHH threw Michaels out of the ring over the top rope and announced that he would be in the Rumble and he would win crushing Michaels wish to face the Undertaker for the title (provided he's still the champ). Undertaker refused Michaels challenge and basically said you had your chance and failed and he would have to earn his right to face him by entering the rumble. Pretty interesting stuff. Michaels & HHH were on top of their game last night and they are MUCH MUCH better alone then with this stupid played out DX gimmick.

A side note....Don Johnson looked alright but the other idiot was pathetic. I see Vince is at it again throwing Flair a shot byu making the other host (don't even know his name) wear a flair look a like robe that said "FLAME" on the back. We all know Vince likes to try (notice I said try) to bury wrestlers that were not his creation.