Author Topic: I just got back from Peter Schiff Campaign kickoff.  (Read 3462 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I just got back from Peter Schiff Campaign kickoff.
« on: December 17, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
I just got back from Peter Schiff's Campaign kickoff.  He signed my book Crash Proof and I got to talk to him for about a minute.  The placed was packed!

He is taller than I thought and bigger in person than he looks onTV. 

There were some people who flew in from Las Vegas and one guy in staying in CT until the election and working for Peter for free on this.  He was from Arizona.  Mostly young guys and people which was cool.

He gave a great speech about going to DC and ending Obama and he called him a marxist out to destroy the country.  He also called him Bush on steroids.  He blasted the GOP and said he is ready to unleash hell in DC on all the politicians. 

Anyone can sign up at the site to make calls and that is probably what I probably will do and help out on election day. 

Alot of drinking.  People were downing coronas and wine like crazy.  Peters' kid looks just like him and his fiance is hot.  I guess he is divorced or something.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: I just got back from Peter Schiff Campaign kickoff.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »
Also - there were a lot of gun owners there.  I had my NRA sticker on my maxpedition bag and all of a sudden everyone was talking guns.  There were a few gun groups there too.  I think I signed up for a tactical shooting course unkowngly.  ;D

Also - almost everyone I met were business owners same age as myself and witihn 10 years -  25 - 45 y/o. 

I think Peter is going about this right since mobilizing people in the primary from now is what is needed.  The other two dont have a small field army of volunteeres like this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »
lol

cool.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
Agree with everything he says..

What a coincidence though, eh ? Time Mag puts out that puff piece right in time for the vote.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 07:11:20 AM »
Schiff has the right take on a lot of things.  He'd be great to help shake up things in Washington.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
Agree with everything he says..

What a coincidence though, eh ? Time Mag puts out that puff piece right in time for the vote.

Lots of coincidences lately.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:56:37 AM »
No I am not in the video.

This was a fun night. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »
Schiff lost my vote when he managed his own portfolio into oblivion. I can't support someone that can't even manage their own assets. How can I trust him with the state's interests?  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »
Schiff lost my vote when he managed his own portfolio into oblivion. I can't support someone that can't even manage their own assets. How can I trust him with the state's interests?  :-\

2009 he has had a great year and you are going to vote for Dodd who has already screwed up the nations' finances? 

What kind of logic is that? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »
BF - vote for Dodd bro.  Lets see if Dodd gives you an answer like this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »
schiff would have been 100% accurate - he just didn't take into account corrective measures that obama would take.  With no stimulus package, schiff's predictions would have been spot on.  one can argue the stim made it worse long run - no argument here.  But yes, for our nation's top firms, the stim kept them afloat which kept our economy afloat.  Without it, the american automaker and half our banks would be dead today, and that would have CERTAINLY brought about schiff's predictions.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »
I don't see how a man who destroyed his own portfolio should be entrusted with anyone else's money. You have a year like he did at a hedge fund and you're GONE. But instead we should reward him for that failure?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »
I don't see how a man who destroyed his own portfolio should be entrusted with anyone else's money. You have a year like he did at a hedge fund and you're GONE. But instead we should reward him for that failure?

Yet you are prepared to reward Dodd after everything he did?  GMAFB!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
Yet you are prepared to reward Dodd after everything he did?  GMAFB!

Schiff's proven that he's all smoke and mirrors. Someone with his financial knowledge would not have done that to his portfolio. Yet you want to entrust this guy with the finances of this nation. It's funny. Like I said, you pull that shit at a hedge fund and your ass is on the street. You, on the other hand, want to pat the guy on the back and give him a position of power.

I'd like to see someone that actually knows what they're talking about. Not one of these "financial wizards" that can't even manage their own finances correctly.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
Schiff's proven that he's all smoke and mirrors. Someone with his financial knowledge would not have done that to his portfolio. Yet you want to entrust this guy with the finances of this nation. It's funny. Like I said, you pull that shit at a hedge fund and your ass is on the street. You, on the other hand, want to pat the guy on the back and give him a position of power.

I'd like to see someone that actually knows what they're talking about. Not one of these "financial wizards" that can't even manage their own finances correctly.  ::)

If its Chriss Dodd or Schiff - who do you vote for and why?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »
If its Chriss Dodd or Schiff - who do you vote for and why?

Or it could be neither because they both suck? Schiff talks well but that's about it. Kind of like Obama. All talk. He'll wow us with this awesome financial knowledge while his own portfolio shits the bed on an embarrassing scale.

Long Term Capital Management was like Schiff. We know how they turned out.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
Do you think Dodd would give an answer like this?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
You don't find it odd that a guy whose main selling point is his economics/financial knowledge ends up running his personal portfolio into the ground? This guy's whole thing is his economics knowledge and yet he obliterated his own finances. Definitely off putting. Just another political schmoe to me. Can talk the talk but in the end can't walk the walk.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
You don't find it odd that a guy whose main selling point is his economics/financial knowledge ends up running his personal portfolio into the ground? This guy's whole thing is his economics knowledge and yet he obliterated his own finances. Definitely off putting. Just another political schmoe to me. Can talk the talk but in the end can't walk the walk.

I have only heard about those two guys who complained.  So far though, I have not seen much elese other than that and Peter wrote a long rebuttal to that. 

How did he ruin his personal finances since this is the first i heard about this?  I heard about the two guys, but thats it.     

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
Schiff lost my vote when he managed his own portfolio into oblivion. I can't support someone that can't even manage their own assets. How can I trust him with the state's interests?  :-\

Fortune had an article where he picked 5 stocks in January of 09. Go see how well they did before you keep saying how badly he sucks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

You're like a broken record going on and on without any information as to how his picks performed this year.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 04:53:30 PM »
schiff would have been 100% accurate - he just didn't take into account corrective measures that obama would take.  With no stimulus package, schiff's predictions would have been spot on.  one can argue the stim made it worse long run - no argument here.  But yes, for our nation's top firms, the stim kept them afloat which kept our economy afloat.  Without it, the american automaker and half our banks would be dead today, and that would have CERTAINLY brought about schiff's predictions.

It's not as if Obama slipped in the stimulus behind Schiffs back is it ? OR are you saying that Schiff couldn't predict the outcome of the stim bill ?

There is the possibility that Schiif is 100% dogmatic, that he has one tune to sing and has a lot of trouble changing it.

As for his 5 stocks. Here's my prediction - they will go wherever the market goes.