Author Topic: Happiest States in USA Revealed by New Research  (Read 1832 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Happiest States in USA Revealed by New Research
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 11:42:08 PM »
Wealth doesn't buy you happiness, ...but it can afford you the ability to work your problems out in style.   :P

Problems caused by wealth itself?  All we need is enough money to keep us from being cold and hungry.  It's hard to be happy when you are cold and hungry.  But wealth beyond that does not bring you more happiness, and often creates new problems.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 12:15:30 AM »
Problems caused by wealth itself?  All we need is enough money to keep us from being cold and hungry.  It's hard to be happy when you are cold and hungry.  But wealth beyond that does not bring you more happiness, and often creates new problems.

The only problem poverty ever solved was indecision. When you're broke as fvck, you have no choice or options.

I'll take the "problems" of wealth over the solutions of poverty any day of the week.   ;)
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 05:47:38 AM »
The only problem poverty ever solved was indecision. When you're broke as fvck, you have no choice or options.

I'll take the "problems" of wealth over the solutions of poverty any day of the week.   ;)

Who said poverty solves any problems?  Who said being poor or broke is a good thing?    ::)

I said once you buy your way out of being cold and hungry, adding more wealth does not add to your happiness, but often does add new problems.  

Not being rich doesn't mean you are poor.  There is a middle ground.  Beyond that, richer does not mean happier.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
wealth isnt the problem, its the pursuit of wealth by immoral people that will do anything in spite of everything else to obtain wealth that is the problem, many wealth people with morals dont seem to have issues like we see and read about , but these people go unnoticed cause they havent screwed eveyone to get what they want, maybe the media should give these people that have morals some t.v. timeand they could be an example to all these immoral crooked people in the world

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 05:32:17 AM »
wealth isnt the problem, its the pursuit of wealth by immoral people that will do anything in spite of everything else to obtain wealth that is the problem, many wealth people with morals dont seem to have issues like we see and read about , but these people go unnoticed cause they havent screwed eveyone to get what they want, maybe the media should give these people that have morals some t.v. timeand they could be an example to all these immoral crooked people in the world

BINGO!!!
w

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 05:40:11 AM »
well dam jag..  we agree on something lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »
well dam jag..  we agree on something lol

Hell just froze over! lol  :D

w

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 05:46:28 AM »
well it is the season of miracles

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »
All we need is enough money to keep us from being cold and hungry.  It's hard to be happy when you are cold and hungry.  But wealth beyond that does not bring you more happiness, and often creates new problems.

I can't believe what a selfish, and pathetic poverty mindset I'm witnessing. Surprising coming from one who claims to be so heavily involved in charitable works. Wealth empowers people to be a philanthropic force for good in the world. It empowers people to make decisions, take effective actions where needed, and to bridge the gap for many.

It was wealth that empowered my friend to build 2 schools, one in Thailand and the other in Somoa in 2006.
It was wealth that empowered Oprah to build her academy for girls in South Africa.
It was wealth that empowered my friend Bob to spend the last 20 years doing missionary work abroad.
It was wealth that has allowed many Americans to get the life saving necessary medical care they needed.
It's wealth that provides the capital for many worthwhile, entrepreneurial & philanthropic ventures all over the world
You are no good to anyone else if you cannot even help yourself. Food & warmth are good, but what good can you do in the world if that's all you have? A homeless, unemployed guy in Jamaica has all the food & warmth he'll ever need, ...but what can he do to leave a legacy? And if you don't think that being a force for good in the world, and making a positive difference in people's lives does not bring happiness & fulfillment to one's life, ...you've obviously never done it.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 06:07:35 AM »
well it is the season of miracles

...and gift giving

w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 09:52:05 AM »

Good post BodyProSite!

But I want to make it clear that nobody said that wealth is the problem.  Wealth is not a problem.  There is nothing wrong with wealth, pursuing wealth or with being wealthy.

I simply said wealth can't buy happiness, and that it often creates problems you wouldn't have without wealth.

I know this won't stop people from pursuing wealth, and that's fine.  But I pity the fool who believes that attaining wealth brings happiness. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 09:54:24 AM »

BINGO!!!

::)

Jag,
You are the immoral people that BodyProSite is talking about, taking advantage of desperate people with your Multi-Level Marketing scams, pyramid schemes, useless fuel tabs and all your other worthless products.

That's why you don't like my posts on wealth and happiness, because it doesn't go well with your MLM propaganda, does it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
I can't believe what a selfish, and pathetic poverty mindset I'm witnessing. Surprising coming from one who claims to be so heavily involved in charitable works. Wealth empowers people to be a philanthropic force for good in the world. It empowers people to make decisions, take effective actions where needed, and to bridge the gap for many.

It was wealth that empowered my friend to build 2 schools, one in Thailand and the other in Somoa in 2006.
It was wealth that empowered Oprah to build her academy for girls in South Africa.
It was wealth that empowered my friend Bob to spend the last 20 years doing missionary work abroad.
It was wealth that has allowed many Americans to get the life saving necessary medical care they needed.
It's wealth that provides the capital for many worthwhile, entrepreneurial & philanthropic ventures all over the world
You are no good to anyone else if you cannot even help yourself. Food & warmth are good, but what good can you do in the world if that's all you have? A homeless, unemployed guy in Jamaica has all the food & warmth he'll ever need, ...but what can he do to leave a legacy? And if you don't think that being a force for good in the world, and making a positive difference in people's lives does not bring happiness & fulfillment to one's life, ...you've obviously never done it.

"my friend", "Oprah", "my friend Bob", "Americans"?  What about you Jag?  What charitable works has wealth empowered you to do?  And you call me selfish? ::)

Here you go Jag:

"Americans give more to charity, per capita and as a percentage of gross domestic product, than the citizens of other nations"

"The most charitable people in America today are the working poor."

"it's in fact low-income employed Americans who give the highest portion of their income, or 4.5%."

"low-income people give almost 30 percent more as a share of their income."

"When you look at the data," says Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks, "it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism
by Arthur C. Brooks
# ISBN-10: 0465008232
# ISBN-13: 978-0465008230

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/24/america-philanthropy-income-oped-cx_ee_1226eaves.html

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=2682730

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2006/12/06/who_gives_to_charity?page=full

And there is more:

"But the idea that liberals give more is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above-average percentage of their income, all but one (Maryland) were red -- conservative -- states in the last presidential election."

"The people who give one thing tend to be the people who give everything in America. You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away."

"Conservatives are even 18 percent more likely to donate blood."

"Religious people are more likely to give to charity, and when they give, they give more money -- four times as much."

"Religious Americans are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly nonreligious charities. Religious people give more blood; religious people give more to homeless people on the street."

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »
"Money that lifts people out of poverty increases happiness, but after that, the better paychecks stop paying off sense-of-well-being dividends, research shows."

"The Keys to Happiness", according to psychologists and researchers:

- Make lists of things for which you're grateful in your life
- Practice random acts of kindness
- Forgive your enemies
- Notice life's small pleasures
- Take care of your health
- Practice positive thinking
- Invest time and energy into friendships and family.

http://www.livescience.com/health/060227_happiness_keys.html

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
Liberals are big into giving. Just not big into giving away their own money. Yours, though? Perfect.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
::)

Jag,
You are the immoral people that BodyProSite is talking about, taking advantage of desperate people with your Multi-Level Marketing scams, pyramid schemes, useless fuel tabs and all your other worthless products.

That's why you don't like my posts on wealth and happiness, because it doesn't go well with your MLM propaganda, does it?

I don't take advantage of desperate people, ...the George W Bushes, and the Jim Bakers of the world do that.
I bring value to the marketplace. The fact that I've done in with products that came into great demand doesn't make me a crook, it makes me one with tremendous foresight.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2009, 04:43:25 AM »
I don't take advantage of desperate people, ...the George W Bushes, and the Jim Bakers of the world do that.
I bring value to the marketplace. The fact that I've done in with products that came into great demand doesn't make me a crook, it makes me one with tremendous foresight.

Ha Ha.  Unreal.  Seriously unreal and comical to the Nth Degree. 

I wish you included the Clintons, Gores, Obama's, and Soros' of the world in that too.     

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 05:54:23 AM »

I'm not a George W Bush fan, but....

Bush is more green than the Liberal "Green God" Gore!

Bush cleaned up more toxic sites than Obama plans to clean!

Bush gave more to AIDS/AFRICA than Obama plans to pledge!

Bush gives a lot more to Charity than Obama does!