Author Topic: zigzag dieting seems to work  (Read 6714 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: zigzag dieting seems to work
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
I disagree with this, staying in constant caloric deficit does not give as good of results as zig zagging.

Would be interested in scientific studies on body composition to support that theory.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 02:08:40 AM »
Would be interested in scientific studies on body composition to support that theory.
LOL

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »
LOL

I would really be interested, maybe I'm wrong. 8)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 03:59:03 AM »
I agree with wavelength, his is the optimal diet to be ripped at a sub 140lbs bodyweight.

LOL

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 04:01:31 AM »
One snickers bar and a can of soup a day will rip you up real quick ;D

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 05:26:19 AM »

If you can come up with a better key phrase than 'zig zag diet,' then I'm sure you'll find plenty.  Besides genetics, your metabolism is most heavily influenced by your caloric intake.  The reason staying in caloric defecit is not ideal is because your body tends start using muscle for energy when it senses it's being starved.  This is why professional athletes who's livelihood relies on them making weight while staying as strong as possible generally do some kind of more complex calorie manipulation than just staying in defecit-definitely competitive bbers too.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
The only Zigzag you know are the rolling papers

Beat me to it ;D

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 09:36:36 AM »
JF's IQ is unmeasurable.

Because JF cant stand still or answer questions.

No need to measure his IQ.

B

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »
  If you can come up with a better key phrase than 'zig zag diet,' then I'm sure you'll find plenty.  Besides genetics, your metabolism is most heavily influenced by your caloric intake.  The reason staying in caloric defecit is not ideal is because your body tends start using muscle for energy when it senses it's being starved.  This is why professional athletes who's livelihood relies on them making weight while staying as strong as possible generally do some kind of more complex calorie manipulation than just staying in defecit-definitely competitive bbers too.

Metabolism depends on total (avarage) intake, never denied that. Your body will start using muscle for energy if your avarage deficit is too high, no matter whether you're zig-zagging or not. Professional athletes use many different methods. Just because e.g. some pro BBs use a certain method doesn't mean it's more effective than any other method especially considering their diet success is mostly dependent on other factors anyway.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »
Metabolism depends on total (avarage) intake, never denied that. Your body will start using muscle for energy if your avarage deficit is too high, no matter whether you're zig-zagging or not. Professional athletes use many different methods. Just because e.g. some pro BBs use a certain method doesn't mean it's more effective than any other method especially considering their diet success is mostly dependent on other factors anyway.
Bottom  line = take in more than you need you gain. Take in less than you need you lose. All numbers.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »
Once again, Johnny= dumbfuck of the year.....congrats

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »
Any people over here who are zigzaggin during off season?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »
Because JF cant stand still or answer questions.

No need to measure his IQ.

u asked what?
A

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2009, 04:56:13 AM »

Seems like you just argued for me...maybe I am misunderstanding.  When the deficit is too low for too long, you start eating muscle, that is why the zig zag is good-so you don't go too low for too long, whereas staying in constant deficit is doing exactly that. 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 05:02:32 AM »
  Seems like you just argued for me...maybe I am misunderstanding.  When the deficit is too low for too long, you start eating muscle, that is why the zig zag is good-so you don't go too low for too long, whereas staying in constant deficit is doing exactly that. 

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, what I meant is this: Say you zig-zag where you have 5 low cal days and two high cal days, but not going to extremes. When you take the avarage of those 7 days and just eat that for all 7 days, results will be the same. At least that's my experience.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2009, 05:46:44 AM »
Maybe it is a misunderstanding, what I meant is this: Say you zig-zag where you have 5 low cal days and two high cal days, but not going to extremes. When you take the avarage of those 7 days and just eat that for all 7 days, results will be the same. At least that's my experience.
X2 = all math

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 05:50:45 AM »
calories=potential workload

wavelength calories= 100% ripped twink status wich is good for hoe

johhy fulcan calories = higher potential uber man ripped status
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 05:51:31 AM »
calories=potential workload

wavelength calories= 100% ripped twink status wich is good for hoe

johhy fulcan calories = higher potential uber man ripped status
LMAO uber man

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 06:21:15 AM »
LMAO uber man

i think wavlength is fine with his ultra ripped twink status, it honestly wouldnt take much diet manipulation  for him to put on a good 10 pounds of muscle and be uber man, just as the same it wont take much diet manipulation for me to lose a good 10 pounds of fat

grapejuice is the ultimate thing to fill out with thats why they always reccomended creatine with grapejuice because grapejuice  is the master, also can do without atleast 2 gallons of water a day since the body is mostly water it cant look full without it, its more difficult to drink the water in the winter time cause you get colder thats why you must MAKE THINK the body is in summer time by dressing warmer to let water flow through the body more readily
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2009, 06:34:01 AM »
i think wavlength is fine with his ultra ripped twink status, it honestly wouldnt take much diet manipulation  for him to put on a good 10 pounds of muscle and be uber man, just as the same it wont take much diet manipulation for me to lose a good 10 pounds of fat

grapejuice is the ultimate thing to fill out with thats why they always reccomended creatine with grapejuice because grapejuice  is the master, also can do without atleast 2 gallons of water a day since the body is mostly water it cant look full without it, its more difficult to drink the water in the winter time cause you get colder thats why you must MAKE THINK the body is in summer time by dressing warmer to let water flow through the body more readily
Wave was ripped in the last pics I saw, so are you trying for just epic leans or mass with epic leans?...wonder why grapejuice is recommended with Creatine?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
Wave was ripped in the last pics I saw, so are you trying for just epic leans or mass with epic leans?...wonder why grapejuice is recommended with Creatine?

grapejuice is reccomended because its always worked, too much data saying how good grapejuice is for the body

takes a few days for grapejuice to really kick in so to speak

i think ill be about 10-15 pounds heavier in muscle hypothetically speaking if we had the same height fram than wave if i can get as ripped as him. so not that much of a difference
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »

I was ripped because I followed a few very simple rules, like everyone can. I'm a twink because of injuries, bad genetics, and lack of drugs. That's all there is to it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
I was ripped because I followed a few very simple rules, like everyone can. I'm a twink because of injuries, bad genetics, and lack of drugs. That's all there is to it.

you aint really a twink man im just acting jealous

if you did a little bit more and drank some grapejuice on a daily basis youd gain 10 pounds of muscle
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
you aint really a twink man im just acting jealous

LOL, yes I am ;D

if you did a little bit more and drank some grapejuice on a daily basis youd gain 10 pounds of muscle

That's what I'm trying to do, want to be at least 10lbs heavier next year at the same condition.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
LOL, yes I am ;D

That's what I'm trying to do, want to be at least 10lbs heavier next year at the same condition.

i just nibble on food and do a workout either non weight squats or some upper body seems to be working. its just alot of volume to upkeep though
A