Author Topic: Central American Countries to present illegal immigration plan to U.S. Congress  (Read 1865 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
But it's not enough shoot.  Business will complain of course but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.  You keep the minimum wage low and guess what? You end up with undocumented workers filing the positions because no American can live at a reasonable standard on that wage.  I think this is where govt needs to step in and do something like make anyone who earns under $15,000 income tax exempt to help out but business needs to step up to.  If we are to truly tackle the illegal immigration issue it will take more than 'locking them up and building a wall' of which there is a HUGE financial burden to be paid.  And by whom exactly? Why should i pay my tax dollars to subsidize something i have not been complicit in.  The business that hires them should be forced to pay any and all costs associated with removing them.

For such 'fiscally responsible' people i would have thought this would be at the forefront of your ideas.  Unless of course for many republicans this has more to do with race than it does anything else. 

Someone already pointed out that minimum wage unskilled jobs are for the young and the old, people that still live with their parents or those who are retired and want to continue to work. You can't expect buisness to pay a high wage to a dishwasher, its simple you get paid for your skill level and what your work contributes to the buisness. And as far as I'm concerned the government has done everything it can to make the American worker uncompetative.

And as far as a financial burden, the government doesn't seem to have a problem spending money on the BS healthcare bill, or promising what 100 billion at copenhagen, or all the foreign aid the US pays out every year. Seems to me that money would go along way at stopping illegal immigration. But hell that would make to much sense to it has never entered the mind of a politician.

You left wingers are funny you always have to try to hang this racial bullshit on conservatives, when it is the left that has done more to destroy the black family and the work ethic of black people with your fucked up programs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I don't care.

We need to seal our borders up.  Put a wall with machine guns and 24 hour guards and no mans land etc...

We need to make every illegal in the US a citizen immediately.  Then require everyone to speak passable english in 2 years or they get deported.  No exceptions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I don't care.

We need to seal our borders up.  Put a wall with machine guns and 24 hour guards and no mans land etc...

We need to make every illegal in the US a citizen immediately.  Then require everyone to speak passable english in 2 years or they get deported.  No exceptions.

They want to make them legal without sealing the border or doing anything else. 

This is another disaster foisted upon us by RINO's, RATS, and ******.

OzmO

• Getbig V
They want to make them legal without sealing the border or doing anything else. 

This is another disaster foisted upon us by RINO's, RATS, and ******.

Yeah, that's not good.  I would march in protest over that.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Someone already pointed out that minimum wage unskilled jobs are for the young and the old, people that still live with their parents or those who are retired and want to continue to work. You can't expect buisness to pay a high wage to a dishwasher, its simple you get paid for your skill level and what your work contributes to the buisness. And as far as I'm concerned the government has done everything it can to make the American worker uncompetative.

And as far as a financial burden, the government doesn't seem to have a problem spending money on the BS healthcare bill, or promising what 100 billion at copenhagen, or all the foreign aid the US pays out every year. Seems to me that money would go along way at stopping illegal immigration. But hell that would make to much sense to it has never entered the mind of a politician.

You left wingers are funny you always have to try to hang this racial bullshit on conservatives, when it is the left that has done more to destroy the black family and the work ethic of black people with your fucked up programs.

Valid points on the minimum wage.  I am not saying they should be paid a massive hourly rate, that would be unethical and irresponsible.  All i am saying is make it easier on those people and families who rely on at or near minimum wage earners.  The point i am making is regardless of the intent of minimum wage jobs they are not being done by the elderly or the young.  Some minimum wage positions are not suitable to either age bracket.  Meat and poultry workers are one example of this, the illegal immigrants make up a substantial % of workers in this field because American citizens can not sustain themselves on such a meager income for such dangerous work.  But those from 3rd world countries will work in those conditions without complaining.   

All i am saying is for such a fiscally minded party why has no one brought up punishing the business that hires them?  It's all about punishing the people but what about those who have enabled them?? 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Well if the government would actually enforce the law already in existance
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
Well if the government would actually enforce the law already in existance

It won't happen because the people who have help elect these ass clowns into office are likely forcing them not to address it.