Author Topic: I'm tired of this HAPPY HOLIDAYS bullshit, call it what it is CHRISTMAS!  (Read 7687 times)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: I'm tired of this HAPPY HOLIDAYS bullshit, call it what it is CHRISTMAS!
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 12:39:26 AM »
Just today........

....county buildings...

....government buildings...

why is "I don't want my tax dollars paying for abortions for poor women" ok, but "I don't want my tax dollars funding religious displays" bad?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 07:21:32 AM »
Just today........

There's no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.

Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by Irv Sutley, a disabled 65-year-old Marine veteran who said the symbols were "extremely offensive" and part of the "cult" of Christianity.

"I just don't believe government has the right to intrude on anyone and force them into sectarian behavior," Sutley told FoxNews.com. "I've opposed Buddhist statues, the star of David — anything of a religious nature."

Sutley said he filed the complaint with acting County Administrator Chris Thomas on Dec. 18 after noticing an angel atop a six-foot tree in the lobby of the county recorder's office. Sutley, a lifelong atheist and chairman of the county's Peace and Freedom Party, said he visited the office last week for his re-election bid next June.

Sutley said the angel violated previous court rulings concerning holiday displays, including a 1989 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that found that government-sponsored Christmas trees decorated with religious symbols constitute an illegal endorsement of Christian doctrine.

Sutley said he was pleased with a subsequent e-mail sent by Thomas to managers of all 26 county departments instructing them to remove religious symbols like angels and stars from holiday displays.

Jim Toomey, a public information officer for Sonoma County, confirmed the removal.

"To avoid any controversy and to satisfy this gentleman's concerns, the ornaments were removed," said Toomey, adding that he knew of no prior complaints concerning the holiday display.

Sutley, of Santa Rosa, said he's pleased with Thomas' directive, but said his work might not yet be done. The veteran previously led successful efforts to stop prayers at government meetings in nearby cities and forced Rohnert Park to redesign its city emblem due to religious symbols.

He now intends to ask county officials to remove a steel cross near Ernie Smith Park in Sonoma that serves as a memorial to an accident victim.

"It was put up privately without a permit," Sutley said. "It shouldn't be there".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580959,00.html

I'm a libertarian.  I want government out of my personal life.  This means I don't want them in my religion either.  They are bound to fuck it up like they do everything else.  Don't spend my fucking tax dollars to put up dumbass lights or trees.  Government is supposed to govern.  Not entertain us with pretty decorations.  As for the "news" report you quoted, I didn't read it because it was a fox news report.  The same ones that perpetuate these contrived controversies.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 07:37:59 AM »
w

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »
why is "I don't want my tax dollars paying for abortions for poor women" ok, but "I don't want my tax dollars funding religious displays" bad?

I'd gladly pay for their abortions, as long as my contribution gets Mom aborted, too.

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »
Merry Christmas! :D

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
Just put the IPod on when your in public and when ever someone's mouth moves as you walk bye just say the words "Like wise"...Works every time...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
Xmas can disappear.

1. Jesus christ wasnt born in december. It was a roman holiday for the god Mythra(The sun god) and the christianism absorbed this custom later.

2. Meaningless over consumption which give us headache to choose and buy presents.

3. The people get even fatter. Thanksgiven day is enough.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
Xmas can disappear.

1. Jesus christ wasnt born in december. It was a roman holiday for the god Mythra(The sun god) and the christianism absorbed this custom later.

2. Meaningless over consumption which give us headache to choose and buy presents.

3. The people get even fatter. Thanksgiven day is enough.
2. Agreed -is most store owners filling minds of people that they have to buy gifts what is the reason? MONEY

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
2. Agreed -is most store owners filling minds of people that they have to buy gifts what is the reason? MONEY
I only give a present to someone near who need something and dont have money for it.
That day is not coincidentaly 25 of december. ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
I only give a present to someone near who need something and dont have money for it.
You are a true person (no homo)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

Cheap bastard.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »
This is America, and we were built upon Christian ideals and traditions.  I would never go to the middle east and bitch about someone not wishing me a merry christmas since it's not what they celebrate.  You don't like it then move the fuck on.  Whenever I wish someone Merry Christmas and they reply that they are jewish or don't celebrate I just look at them and say I'm sorry.   And it doesn't come across as I'm sorry I offended you. I'm sorry your dumbass is missing out on the point, and has to ruin it because you think something else.  To me that's like telling someone out celebrating their birthday to stop it cuz they're offended it's not their bday.  No one would do that right?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
Cheap bastard.
Do you like to receive some presents which you dont really need it and become trashes later?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
This is America, and we were built upon Christian ideals and traditions.  I would never go to the middle east and bitch about someone not wishing me a merry christmas since it's not what they celebrate.  You don't like it then move the fuck on.  Whenever I wish someone Merry Christmas and they reply that they are jewish or don't celebrate I just look at them and say I'm sorry.   And it doesn't come across as I'm sorry I offended you. I'm sorry your dumbass is missing out on the point, and has to ruin it because you think something else.  To me that's like telling someone out celebrating their birthday to stop it cuz they're offended it's not their bday.  No one would do that right?
You are right.
If you are happy with something, you dont need advise or criticism of other.
Again, if you are really happy for it...

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
Do you like to receive some presents which you dont really need it and become trashes later?

Dude, opening presents is the shit.  It's like pulling down a woman's panties for the first time.......the present might be amazing, and it might stink, but you'll still play with it and pretend you like it for a bit either way.   Never gets old  ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »

Not at all. But if you don't give them, you're "cheap bastard" regardless.

I don't make the rules, Mr. Grinch.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2009, 03:18:43 PM »
What the fuck.  I had someone wish me a happy holidays, merry christmas or happy hannukah.  HANNUKAH!  Most people don't realize that this is a super minor jewish holiday but somehow is has now become synonymous with Christmas.  The only reason is that it is a few weeks before Christmas, but it is to jews like Columbus day is to everyone else.  I hate it how over 75% of americans are christian but cannot say Merry Christmas because less than 1% of the american jews will get offended.

This shit has to stop.  It is Christmas, not hannukah or a holiday but motherfucking Christmas time.

Amen Brotha
TEAM LESNAR

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2009, 03:47:34 PM »
Not at all. But if you don't give them, you're "cheap bastard" regardless.

I don't make the rules, Mr. Grinch.
I dont make the rules eighter.
But I see many people who has headache every year and wishing if there is no this kind of stuff.
Ok, if you or your family know the present longed for. But if you dont, its just bothering.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »
Dude, opening presents is the shit.  It's like pulling down a woman's panties for the first time.......the present might be amazing, and it might stink, but you'll still play with it and pretend you like it for a bit either way.   Never gets old  ;D
:D
Thats a intresting point of view.
Thank you! ;)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
Jews can go fuck themselves!
S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »
I purchased zero gifts this year.   ;D