Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman 2003 Prejudging Video  (Read 14301 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Ronnie Coleman 2003 Prejudging Video
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
you do realize that dorian 93 had a massive distended gut too?

No, he didn't. He had a thick waist due to genetically wide hips. Two different things.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »
No, he didn't. He had a thick wais due to genetically wide hips. Two different things.

the visuals say otherwise. So it's either both had guts or none had guts.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »
I keep hearing talk about 03 Ronnie's gut, but show me one pic from the judges' point of view of Ronnie with a distended stomach during the mandatory poses. His midsection looked pretty flat to me.

Seminole, there might or might not be pictures of Ronnie from the judges' viewing perpective that shows Ronnie with a gut, but this is besides the point. A Mr.Olympia shouldn't have to hold his gut to make his stomach look flat: his stomach should be flat even when he's completely relaxed. A fat man can also get a flat stomach by creating a vacuum with his breath and contracting his rectus abdominis muscles, but he's still obese notwithstanding. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
the visuals say otherwise. So it's either both had guts or none had guts.

Dorian had a slight gut distension at the 95' Olympia but not at the 93' Olympia. Everyone has a small degree of concavity to the adbominal region when relaxed and Dorian was within the normal range.

He should have been marked down for his gut distension at the 95' Olympia and maybe not have won with straight-firsts scores, but in no way, shape or form can you compare his gut distension in 95' to Ronnie's at the 2003 Olympia.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »
Seminole, there might or might not be pictures of Ronnie from the judges' viewing perpective that shows Ronnie with a gut, but this is besides the point. A Mr.Olympia shouldn't have to hold his gut to make his stomach look flat: his stomach should be flat even when he's completely relaxed. A fat man can also get a flat stomach by creating a vacuum with his breath and contracting his rectus abdominis muscles, but he's still obese notwithstanding.

following your rationale, Dorian should not have been Mr. Olympia.

I'd rather not post these pics but the reason I'm doing so is to show that Dorian had a gut too. So either you penalize both Ronnie and Dorian for having guts or you don't penalize them at all. It's unfair to say Ronnie had a distended midsection and overlook Dorian's.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 12:43:25 PM »
Dorian at his best would crush ronnie. First off ronnie would NOT make him look small thus you immed look for who is in better shape-dorian- who has a more complete body-dorian-who poses better? DORIAN! Look at the posing- dorian is fluid and makes sure you know how complete he is- ronnie is like "you want another double bi? look at mah arms! look at mah arms again! howz bout my back? ARMS AGAIN!!!!!!" Ronnies posing is weak because he has hella flaws-hams and calves, distended (horribly) midsection. MORE FRONT AND BACK DOUBLE BICEPS SHOTS BOOOOM OH YA BABY!!!!! Ronnie was in no way complete and he obv knew it. He was just bigger than everyone else and had a lot of hype. Dorian would win by a country mile.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
following your rationale, Dorian should not have been Mr. Olympia.

I'd rather not post these pics but the reason I'm doing so is to show that Dorian had a gut too. So either you penalize both Ronnie and Dorian for having guts or you don't penalize them at all. It's unfair to say Ronnie had a distended midsection and overlook Dorian's.

He should have perhaps been marked down for it and not have won with straight-firsts scores, but you can't compare his gut distension to the one Ronnie was sporting at the 2003 Olympia. Dorian's abdominal convexity was still within the normal range for healthy Humans; Ronnie's at the 2003 Olympia was not.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
 Seminole, there might or might not be pictures of Ronnie from the judges' viewing perpective that shows Ronnie with a gut, but this is besides the point. A Mr.Olympia shouldn't have to hold his gut to make his stomach look flat: his stomach should be flat even when he's completely relaxed. A fat man can also get a flat stomach by creating a vacuum with his breath and contracting his rectus abdominis muscles, but he's still obese notwithstanding. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I know this isn't addressed to me, but just so we all know what we're arguing about, wasn't the pro Ronnie argument simply that he would win against Dorian in the eyes of the judges on a stage. We all have personal preferences, there's more aesthetic guys than both of them, but I think the Ronnie camp is simply postulating as objectively as possible the reasons why Ronnie would do better in a modern bodybuilding contest.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »
Dorian had a slight gut distension at the 95' Olympia but not at the 93' Olympia. Everyone has a small degree of concavity to the adbominal region when relaxed and Dorian was within the normal range.

that's not what you said earlier:

A Mr.Olympia shouldn't have to hold his gut to make his stomach look flat: his stomach should be flat even when he's completely relaxed.

do you think Dorian deserved to be Mr. Olympia in 94, 95, 96, and 97 with his distended midsection?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »
while it is true that ronnie in 03 had a much bigger gut than dorian 93, he was also 30 pounds heavier with arms and quads considerably larger.

I mean, if gunter's arms are dwarfed by an 03 Ronnie, can you imagine how small dorian's would have looked in a side by side comparison?

it would have been laughable.
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
that's not what you said earlier:

do you think Dorian deserved to be Mr. Olympia in 94, 95, 96, and 97 with his distended midsection?

Dorian's abdominal distension is still within the normal range, so he can be Mr.Olympia but should be penalized for it by losing points. The same can be said for Ronnie in 1999. Conversely, Ronnie's distension in 2003 is beyond acceptable, so he didn't deserve to be Mr.Olympia that year. So there is no contradiction in my statements. If you read carefully what I wrote, you'll see that I stated that:"A man shouldn't be Mr.Olympia if he looks like a 9 month pregnant woman.". Did Ronnie's gut in 2003 qualify as that big? Yes. Dorian's in 95'? No.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

:o :o :o
I dont give a SHIT if Ronnies as grainy as Dorian. That man right there in 2003 would wipe any other bodybuilder off the face of the earth. Watching that made me want to go lift.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »
The lighting in 2003 was awful, they all looked crap compared to the previous year. Lighting is a big factor.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »
no way could a one armed dorian ever beat a decent shape ronnie

95 was post tear, and his arm looked awful.

you can't have that kind of injury and except to beat ronnie as he appeared in 2003. no way.
When you are blowjob buddies with Weinberger... anything is possible!

- Block!
?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »
  Dorian's abdominal distension is still within the normal range, so he can be Mr.Olympia but should be penalized for it by losing points. The same can be said for Ronnie in 1999. Conversely, Ronnie's distension in 2003 is beyond acceptable, so he didn't deserve to be Mr.Olympia that year. So there is no contradiction in my statements. If you read carefully what I wrote, you'll see that I stated that:"A man shouldn't be Mr.Olympia if he looks like a 9 month pregnant woman.". Did Ronnie's gut in 2003 qualify as that big? Yes. Dorian's in 95'? No.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

what is wrong with you? seriously? acceptable limits? like wtf, are you just making up stuff to form an argument, where are these acceptable limits, and why is dorian inside those limits and ronnie is not?

you contradicted yourself in two posts, saying that the stomachs have to be flat, then when that is rebutted you make up some guideline that suits your purpose. pure drivel.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
retarded stuff like this is common with the nuthuggers.

you have to make shit up in order to come up with an argument that a physique clearly far below ronnie's is actually better.

thats the only way you can ratationalize it- to make up stuff that isn't true and use this as the basis for your argument.. ::)

thats why they fail so miserably.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
retarded stuff like this is common with the nuthuggers.

you have to make shit up in order to come up with an argument that a physique clearly far below ronnie's is actually better.

thats the only way you can ratationalize it- to make up stuff that isn't true and use this as the basis for your argument.. ::)

thats why they fail so miserably.
A. Your still retarded.
B. We don't condone Suckys posts.