Author Topic: A Cool Dorian Video  (Read 70456 times)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Re: A Cool Dorian Video
« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »
true, had dorian competed in 98 in his 97 shape it would have been game over for him.

although as Ronnie has alluded to in the past, the extreme political nature of his reign might have caused him to win anyway.
Any chance you would like to enlighten us with what the actual motive (politics) would be with having a Non American BBing Olympia champion would be by way of Marketing/promotion/sales/sponcership etc etc?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »
guess what? Haney still beat Dorian. ;)

why do you suppose that is?

<yawn> following your rationale, Jay is two missing calves also. ::)

guess what? Haney still beat Dorian.  ;)

why do you suppose that is?

Oh look who is responding to questions NOT asked from him and runs from one that are I'll answer your questions because I enjoy making you look like stupid

Dorian beat a career best Haney in the muscularity round despite being 10 pounds lighter  ;) Who did Haney face? Dorian at his very first Olympia and only his 3rd professional show and Yates pushed Haney to the limit , Haney won because he enjoyed advantages over Yates especially in posing & presentation .

If Haney 1991 would have faced Dorian 1993 he would have been left for dead

<yawn> following your rationale, Jay is two missing calves also. ::)

still trying to connect the dots huh? this picture is suppose to prove what exactly? Ronnie's calves are missing that classic diamond shape , Ronnie's calves are missing separation between the gastrocnemius inner & outter heads on top of inserting high much worse than having one bicep shorter than the other

And try using a picture from a competition  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2010, 05:57:44 AM »
Missing not one bicep TWO entire calves

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2010, 07:02:57 AM »
Any chance you would like to enlighten us with what the actual motive (politics) would be with having a Non American BBing Olympia champion would be by way of Marketing/promotion/sales/sponcership etc etc?

I know you supposedly haven't been around the sport for a while (yeah sure..lol ::) :P), so I will enligten you as to how politically motivated wins in bodybuilding work.

they have never been about marketing, selling tickets etc except in the obvious case of gunter over ronnie, where guntermania was running wild and it was painfully obvious based on how gunter and ronnie actually compared - ronnie beat him easily.

its all about if Uncle Joe likes you, you will do well. look at Arnold 1980, Uncle Joes good friend, look what happened. Franco 1981, same thing. Jay over chris at the AC where Jay had one side of his body atrophied. If you are close to Joe, you win. its that simple. its contest. if he wants you to win, you do, even if you show up looking awful, like dorian 97 over nasser etc.

the IFBB has never been smart enough to really push their guys like they should have in terms of marketing, something that Vince McMahon and the WBF tried to actually do.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »
a classic case of biased judging occured at the 1993 Olympia where the judges were prepared to score dorian without comparing him to his competitors in the muscularity round.

they were going to score him with comparing him.

that is by definition, the most blatant bias judging in the history of the sport to date.

its sad that it was allowed to occur, but that is Uncle Joe's contest, dorian was going to win no matter what he looked like.

of course he showed up looking great.

but had he showed up torn and looking awful, guess what? the judges would not have cared and looked the other way like they always did for his wins.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2010, 07:09:29 AM »
a classic case of biased judging occured at the 1993 Olympia where the judges were prepared to score dorian without comparing him to his competitors in the muscularity round.

they were going to score him with comparing him.

that is by definition, the most blatant bias judging in the history of the sport to date.

its sad that it was allowed to occur, but that is Uncle Joe's contest, dorian was going to win no matter what he looked like.

of course he showed up looking great.

but had he showed up torn and looking awful, guess what? the judges would not have cared and looked the other way like they always did for his wins.. ::)

Yes biased because they already seen enough , he was so far ahead of everyone in the symmetry round it was redundant to call him out on the muscularity round

Most dominate win of all-time something Ronnie couldn't manage in 1998/1999/2001/2003 in fact ever

cause Ronnie didn't show up looking like shit and still win  ::) in fact he made a career out of  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
I know you supposedly haven't been around the sport for a while (yeah sure..lol ::) :P), so I will enligten you as to how politically motivated wins in bodybuilding work.

they have never been about marketing, selling tickets etc except in the obvious case of gunter over ronnie, where guntermania was running wild and it was painfully obvious based on how gunter and ronnie actually compared - ronnie beat him easily.

its all about if Uncle Joe likes you, you will do well. look at Arnold 1980, Uncle Joes good friend, look what happened. Franco 1981, same thing. Jay over chris at the AC where Jay had one side of his body atrophied. If you are close to Joe, you win. its that simple. its contest. if he wants you to win, you do, even if you show up looking awful, like dorian 97 over nasser etc.

the IFBB has never been smart enough to really push their guys like they should have in terms of marketing, something that Vince McMahon and the WBF tried to actually do.
Coleman's 1998 Olympia victory] was not a definitive win. In 99, Big Ron was lucky to defeat Flex Wheeler again. Levrone thought he'd beaten him twice, in 2000 and 2002. At the 2002 show, Levrone had won both of the evening rounds (a year on, at the Olympia press conference before the 2003 show, Coleman would chide Levrone, asking him, 'When was the last time you beat me?' Levrone replied, 'Last year.'). In 2001, Jay Cutler beat Ronnie in both the first two rounds and lost by four points.
   Coleman had not replicated the dominance of Haney and Yates. He always seemed slightly vulnerable, protected as much by protocol as his physique

;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
Yes biased because they already seen enough , he was so far ahead of everyone in the symmetry round it was redundant to call him out on the muscularity round

its the judges job to be impartial and fair.

not calling someone out 'because they had seen enough' is not doing this job.

sorry. but you can't argue your way out of this one.

the judges had a responsibilty to all competitors to score based on proper comparisons, this was not done because of predetermined conceptions of what dorian looked like.

as partial as you could possibly get short of not even having dorian come out on stage and score him anyway..oh wait- thats what they were actually going to do for that round.. ::)

sorry.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »
its the judges job to be impartial and fair.

not calling someone out 'because they had seen enough' is not doing this job.

sorry. but you can't argue your way out of this one.

the judges had a responsibilty to all competitors to score based on proper comparisons, this was not done because of predetermined conceptions of what dorian looked like.

as partial as you could possibly get short of not even having dorian come out on stage and score him anyway..oh wait- thats what they were actually going to do for that round.. ::)

sorry.

Again did they happen to see his muscularity directly compared to his competition? yes , so they did in fact compare him and came to the conclusion he was so far ahead of everyone there was no reason to include him in the round , this proves how dominate he was over everyone

you're just pissed NO version of Ronnie ever happened to be that dominating  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2010, 07:18:09 AM »
[quoteAgain did they happen to see his muscularity directly compared to his competition? yes ][/quote]

no, they didn't, you need to follow proper protocol and compare them directly standing side by side in mandatory poses..

you really have no clue how the judging system works do you? ::)

you're just pissed NO version of Ronnie ever happened to be that dominating 

the sport should be glad that partial judging this blatant never happened during ronnie's reign.

it would be bad for his wins to be so tainted like dorian's.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »
the sport should be glad that partial judging this blatant never happened during ronnie's reign.

it would be bad for his wins to be so tainted like dorian's.

Answer the question did they have a chance to compare Dorian's muscularity directly compared to his competitors?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »
its not about 'having a chance'

its about doing their job properly such that it is impartial..

you are missing the whole point..duh.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2010, 08:09:18 AM »
its not about 'having a chance'

its about doing their job properly such that it is impartial..

you are missing the whole point..duh.. ::)

You're missing the point moron , they directed compared his muscularity to theirs anc came to the conclusion he was so far ahead it was redundant and it wouldn't have served ANY purpose in comparing them again and he was brought out FYI he was directed compared to Shawn and Flex

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »
he was so far ahead it was redundant and it wouldn't have served ANY purpose

yeah, since when does comparing competitors in mandatory poses side by side serve a purpose in judging? duh..LOL

::)

you are so dumb its incredible.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
yeah, since when does comparing competitors in mandatory poses side by side serve a purpose in judging? duh..LOL

They were compared side-by-side and they judges directly compared their muscularity which is exactly how they came to the conclusion he wasn't needed in the muscularity round

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »

do i need to scan the 93 pics and show Yates being compared to ray and wheeler?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
Hulkster, I'm new here and everything, but I've been doing a bit of reading here the past few weeks. Question for you. Have you seen Dorian and Ronnie live with your own two eyes? If so, perhaps you would look at this differently. Hand on heart, Dorian looks NOTHING in real life like the pictures you're throwing about. The pics can't even compare. I've met and spoke to every single top body builder from the 90's. I've been to 5 Olympia's and saw Dorian win in 94, 95, 96, 97 (sadly didn't see the '93 version) and saw Ronnie take it in '99. Further more, I've been to most European Grand Prix's and every single English Grand Prix since the early 90's. I've seen ALL the body builders compete you've only seen in Flex or MuscleMag. In short, I know something or two about how contests are judged. Do you know the parameters and factors that's included in judging? Do you know how it works?

As for Dorian v Ronnie. I give Ronnie FDB, MM (50/50) and perhaps ab thigh at a stretch. The rest of the poses Dorian wins. It may not look like it to you on a Flex pic that captures a single moment in time, or a video which doesn't really translate his physique well. Dorian was a freak to all who seen him live. You haven't seen him in that capacity (which is THE most important), yet I cannot understand why you claim to speak with authority in this subject you're missing the most important chapter from.

PS, I'm an Aaron Baker fan, huge fan (no homo) and yet it didn't make me blind to his shortcomings.
owned, just owned.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
do i need to scan the 93 pics and show Yates being compared to ray and wheeler?

he was only compared because Wayne demilia wanted the fans to see him again.

it wasn't a request from the judges.

it says so right in the flex 93 contest review.

duh. you guys think you can pull a fast one on me, but I am smarter than you.

I am always one step ahead.

remember that.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »

remember that.

lmfao I'm smarter than you , Ronnie's calves are more detailed than Dorians , 1994 was fixed and 2001 Ronnie dominated by losing the whole prejudging , Dorian is the most overrated of all time , 1999 was his best , 1998 O wasn't a close contest , you're just as qualified to judge contests on the internet than people are live and in person , etc , ect  if this is what you're measuring intelligence by then man you're in trouble lmmfao

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »
A concept you can't seem to grasp is they did compared Dorian's muscularity to his competitors they just did it in the symmetry round and that's how they came to the conclusion it was redundant including him in the muscularity round

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »

remember that.
but you still have not seen any of them live like some of us. you are a step ahead, yeah ok.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
A concept you can't seem to grasp is they did compared Dorian's muscularity to his competitors they just did it in the symmetry round and that's how they came to the conclusion it was redundant including him in the muscularity round

LOL yeah, great impartial judging: judging muscularity in mandatories simply by having them stand relaxed..

yeah.. ::)

you are digging yourself a hole that is deeper and deeper here..

its much easier if you call it what it is: biased and predetermined judging.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »
but you still have not seen any of them live like some of us. you are a step ahead, yeah ok.

Hulkster = owned

Hulkster = internet fanboy

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:54 AM »

I am a step ahead because I know my history, and you guys think I don't and thats why I surprised you with the fact that I know that demilia called for dorian, not the judges.

you weren't expecting that were you?

next time, realize that I know more than you.

it will make things easier on yourselves and you won't get publicly embarassed on this board by me anymore.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »
I am a step ahead because I know my history, and you guys think I don't and thats why I surprised you with the fact that I know that demilia called for dorian, not the judges.

you weren't expecting that were you?

next time, realize that I know more than you.

it will make things easier on yourselves and you won't get publicly embarassed on this board by me anymore.

Yeah you know history 1998 wasn't a close contest and 2001 Ronnie dominated by losing lol

we all know what you know and it isn't much