Author Topic: Think going organic lets you eat meat with a clear conscience?  (Read 3104 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Think going organic lets you eat meat with a clear conscience?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
What does the cost have to do with having a moron torturing the animal?

Simple, you'd need better monitoring systems, laws, regulation etc. to makes sure it doesn't happen.  Which would cost money in the way of taxation thus raising the cost of beef, pork and chicken.

So my question is, is it worth it to anyone?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
Simple, you'd need better monitoring systems, laws, regulation etc. to makes sure it doesn't happen.  

and we know how well that worked in other area's.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 08:29:36 PM »
I'm not saying anything is or isn't needed.  

As it stands now this kind of inhumane/cruel treatment is going to happen.  To prevent it will cost money.  Is it worth it to anyone?

(I can see someone is still butt hurt  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 08:37:02 PM »
As it stands now this kind of inhumane/cruel treatment is going to happen.  To prevent it will cost money.  Is it worth it to anyone?

The problem is with the person doing the slaughtering. No amount of money is going to stop a depraved person from torturing the animals. Monitoring is going to be done by who, whom or what? The depraved person will find a way to torture the animal regardless. You should watch THE FUTURE OF FOOD. Insane how animals are slaughtered, butchered etc. Even sick, diseased animals are shown no mercy. And if the animals is not absolutely compliant on his way to the slaughter house it is struck on the head with this pneumatic hammer, dragged by hooks (while the animal fights the whole time) to machines that decapitate it ..Ugh..the whole process is deplorable.
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
The problem is with the person doing the slaughtering. No amount of money is going to stop a depraved person from torturing the animals. Monitoring is going to be done by who, whom or what? The depraved person will find a way to torture the animal regardless. You should watch THE FUTURE OF FOOD. Insane how animals are slaughtered, butchered etc. Even sick, diseased animals are shown no mercy. And if the animals is not absolutely compliant on his way to the slaughter house it is struck on the head with this pneumatic hammer, dragged by hooks (while the animal fights the whole time) to machines that decapitate it ..Ugh..the whole process is deplorable.

I've seen a few vids on stuff like this.  My son has been a vegetarian for about a year.  He showed me one vid where cow's throats were cut by a machine and you could see they were alive for a few minutes after.  Seems fairly inhumane to me.  I agree deplorable.

I also agree, it would be hard to stop every person who would torture animals but i think it could be done to the extent of curbing much of the abuses that go on now.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »
The problem is with the person doing the slaughtering. No amount of money is going to stop a depraved person from torturing the animals. Monitoring is going to be done by who, whom or what? The depraved person will find a way to torture the animal regardless.

This is pretty much it. There are no guarantees for the extra money.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
This is pretty much it. There are no guarantees for the extra money.

That's never stopped a government project!   ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »

It's not going to cost anyone anything to notice that much ::)

It would ruin their hardcore image.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »
That's never stopped a government project!   ;D

Don't get 333386 started.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
I agree it's wrong.  I just posed the question to discuss a trade off to a solution.  I want to know if its worth it to anyone.  I don't think it's worth it to me to have some government regulation or crap like that, that would increase overall costs.

That's being said, I would and have no problem paying a little extra for free range chicken, organic beef etc. (from a private enterprise) that would guarantee the humane treatment of these animals.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
In the end it's a non-issue. This occurs everywhere in the world, will continue to occur and will never be completely erased. Might as well get used to it or stop eating meat. I know I love my burgers.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »
Grilled Steak.

nuff said.   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »
whats the humane way to kill an animal?

I understand that needless torture is horrible but seriously if an animal on the way to get slaughtered isnt cooperating wtf is wrong with slaughtering that animal right there?

LOL you ppl should go hunting and learn how to skin an animal maybe that would give you a better understanding of things. Killing isnt humane and no matter what precautions are taken or how "humane" things are made there are always going to be ppl that bitch...

and hugo you were right their posts in this thread have shown their true colors  :o ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 10:22:05 PM »
lol, if someone has to inflict a 20 minute beatdown to control a pig, the problem isn't with the pig.  He probably got off on it.  probably tortured animals when he was a kid. 
no doubt but the first pick in the article doesnt look like the guy is doing anything more than trying to control the animal.

Agreed that torture is horrible and the sadistic ppl that take part in it should be dealt with but you probably gotta be somewhat abnormal to take a job like that in the first place so should we be surprised?

LOL you ppl must think hunting is inhumane as well, they dont get bonked on the head before they get shot... ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:18 AM »

And yet you support abortion.AMAZING!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »

So my question is, is it worth it to anyone?

Yes

whats the humane way to kill an animal?

I don't know much about it but have heard something about Kosher being the "humane" way to slaughter an animal.
R

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »
First, I hunt and fish for a lot of my own food. 

Second, this is bullshit...it is disgusting that people will beat animals for the hell of it.  It doesn't matter if the animal is getting ready to be slaughtered...there is no reason to do what that sick fuck is doing.  No reason at all. 

Not only that, but is does raise cortisol in the animals which can and does throw the taste off.  That's one reason why it's so important for a good shot on a game animal.  First of which is a quick humane kill. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 07:02:30 AM »

Second, this is bullshit...it is disgusting that people will beat animals for the hell of it.  It doesn't matter if the animal is getting ready to be slaughtered...there is no reason to do what that sick fuck is doing.  No reason at all. 

Not only that, but is does raise cortisol in the animals which can and does throw the taste off.  That's one reason why it's so important for a good shot on a game animal.  First of which is a quick humane kill. 

Care to send me some Buffalo meat?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »
Care to send me some Buffalo meat?

I'm in South Carolina not South Dakota...hogs and deer is what our game animals are.  Some turkey and dove too...maybe a rabbit every now and again.   ;D

Wild hog is the shiznit though!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 07:27:02 AM »
Yes

I don't know much about it but have heard something about Kosher being the "humane" way to slaughter an animal.

I learned in a food class that kosher involves slitting an animal's throat without stunning it in order to make sure that it completely bleeds out. The method of stunning the animal first occasionally kills the animal which can make it harder to get all the blood out.

But then again, humans have been killing animals for meat in that manner for thousands of years now so I guess one can argue that is the most humane way to do it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

agreed my point was along the lines of things ppl complained about in this thread, slaughtering an uncooperative animal on the way to get slaughtered...really?  ::)

look at that first pic and tell me that couldnt be that guy just trying to control the animal in order to stun it?

ppl are always going to bitch there are ppl that would ban us from hunting it just depends on where you fall on the spectrum.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 08:14:21 AM »
Iono seems a pretty gruesome way to go, having your throat slit...and there are even animal rights activists who oppose kosher slaughtering as well.

interesting side note though, A buddy of mine went to a HBU a baptist university here in houston in which they had to take a number of religious related courses in addition to their regular course work.

He said that a possible reason that meat need be "kosher" has to stem from disease. An animal that dies of "natural causes" may very well have died of a disease and an animal that was "torn" or eating by wild animals may very well carry disease too.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »
One thing i read somewhere or heard is that they stop feeding the animals a few days before they kill them because they found it makes no difference to their weight when killed.  So basically, they stave them, then cut their throats.  And chickens, are kept in cages with many others chickens. A comparison was made to a person being born in a elevator with 16 or so other people in it, and living there its whole life until a few days before it's slaughtered where its food is cut off too.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »
One thing i read somewhere or heard is that they stop feeding the animals a few days before they kill them because they found it makes no difference to their weight when killed.  So basically, they stave them, then cut their throats.  And chickens, are kept in cages with many others chickens. A comparison was made to a person being born in a elevator with 16 or so other people in it, and living there its whole life until a few days before it's slaughtered where its food is cut off too.

gotta love chicken fingers.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
gotta love chicken fingers.

Fried chicken.....  Marinated in butter milk, seasoned and cooked in iron pan.    

One of Satan's temptation tools