Author Topic: Ruptured Achilles Tendon  (Read 4458 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Re: Ruptured Achilles Tendon
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
I never ruptured mine, but had it severed when I was attacked by two pitbulls about 5 months ago, I had immediate surgery, I had a backslab on it for 6 weeks, then a CamBoot and was starting to walk again shortly after, it has been very difficult and the surgeon said I will now always have a weak achilles.  They also told me to be careful as the attachment was hard as it was a very ragged tear.  I also developed a DVT during the whole process as I wasnt able to move the leg, I was on warfarin for months (terrible drug) I Hated it.  Anyway, I am back training again, mainly cardio as I put on quite a bit of weight while out of action, I am using the cross trainer for an hour at a time most days and regular bushwalking.  Good luck with your Recovery.  I would go with surgery, I had no choice, but from what I heard, its the best option.

Warfarin is rat poison so im not surpised you hated it lol.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »
what is the story behind the dog attacks? also did you find the owner of the pit bulls?
At the time I was running a large area lawn mowing business and I went to do a quote at a large property and within a minute of getting out of the car was attacked by two large pitbulls, one went to the front and the other to the back, the one at the back bit my lower leg and severed my tendon, in total I was bitten four times, twice on the lower leg and twice on the arm.  Shortly after the owner came out and stopped the attack, I was taken to hospital were I had immediate surgery to both my arm and legs.  The dogs were destroyed, the owner had already had some trouble with his dogs, he owned another two pitbulls that were housed in cages on the property as they had already been declared dangerous as they killed livestock on a neighbouring property.  I have posted a couple of pics of the imjury five weeks after the surgery.
V

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
Well scheduled for Friday morning, 30 minute surgery.