Author Topic: Got a Friend Hooked on Drugs??  (Read 16533 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Got a Friend Hooked on Drugs??
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »
Well I have an up to date.  My daughter has been missing now for about 4 months.  My oldest daugh in ater just left for LA to see her mom for a few weeks.  I get a call and my youngest daughter has been with her mom for the past two weeks.  They didn't tell me cause she wanted to surprise her sister when she got there.

Cassie (youngest) has been in Monterey, CA living with her boyfriend.  I dont know anything else.  SHe just all of a sudden showed up at moms,  Well she has a warrant out for her so yeasterday she turned herself in to the cops.  She didn't think they would keep her but they did.  Her count date is Friday so we will see what happens.  She said she hasn't done meth in over 3 months and hates it.  But she still does pot every once in awhile.  Hopefully she'll clean up cause she really is a great kid.  So cute and pretty.  Me and her sister always talk about the good times with her.  She was a great dancer too.  SO hopefully she'll be okay.  She is young and hopefully she was just in a faze and will see she was doing it wrong.  I will keep you up to date. 

Thanks Buff for your support.  I have been really lucky to never been hooked on anything (but food)  I never evr have done a drug.  No coke, pot or even puff on a cigarette before.  I never really drank much either.  I am a little addicted to food and need to control that.  I feel for people who are addicted to drugs especially pain pills.  They are soemthing you really need to get through the day.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 01:35:34 PM »
Well I have an up to date.  My daughter has been missing now for about 4 months.  My oldest daugh in ater just left for LA to see her mom for a few weeks.  I get a call and my youngest daughter has been with her mom for the past two weeks.  They didn't tell me cause she wanted to surprise her sister when she got there.

Cassie (youngest) has been in Monterey, CA living with her boyfriend.  I dont know anything else.  SHe just all of a sudden showed up at moms,  Well she has a warrant out for her so yeasterday she turned herself in to the cops.  She didn't think they would keep her but they did.  Her count date is Friday so we will see what happens.  She said she hasn't done meth in over 3 months and hates it.  But she still does pot every once in awhile.  Hopefully she'll clean up cause she really is a great kid.  So cute and pretty.  Me and her sister always talk about the good times with her.  She was a great dancer too.  SO hopefully she'll be okay.  She is young and hopefully she was just in a faze and will see she was doing it wrong.  I will keep you up to date. 

Thanks Buff for your support.  I have been really lucky to never been hooked on anything (but food)  I never evr have done a drug.  No coke, pot or even puff on a cigarette before.  I never really drank much either.  I am a little addicted to food and need to control that.  I feel for people who are addicted to drugs especially pain pills.  They are soemthing you really need to get through the day.

She now hates it?   

sounds like a lie to me.                                                                   

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »
The one  thing you MUST understand.  Believe nothing.  Junkies are the best liars on earth.  We know how to scam scammers.  Nothing will make most people melt more than a pretty girl in trouble.  The thing is you must do it your way and the first few weeks are hell.  They will do just about anything for that fix.  Hate the disease note the junkie.  When their high all they want to do is get clean and when their not the only thing on their mind is getting that fix.  That's first, even before brushing your teeth, take care of the jones than take care of everything else.  If you're unexperienced dealing with this than you need to find some one who is.  Friend or professional.  When your daughter comes home use every resource to keep her home and straight.  It's going to be a tough battle, if you chose to do it, but when you get your old daughter back, it will be worth everything.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

aikido2917

• Getbig III
  • Wear your skin one size too small!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 08:10:49 AM »
Man hearing all this stuff really brings back some memories... I'm am the most blessed man in the world and this is why... I was a heavy coke addict for a long time and sold enough to make $5000-$10,000 a week off of it for over a year. And it sucked because I had all that money but I couldn't spend most of it, because it would draw attention. At one point I hadn't remembered sleeping for over 2 months... I know I had, but I couldn't tell ya when... I knew I had a problem and tried to quit... every morning I would say no coke today... then half an hour later I was making lines. My step-father offered me a job on the road with him. So I quit college and my Frat and went on the road 4 states away to rural New York for a month... I knew this was my chance I was with my hard-ass step-father(greatest man I've ever known) 24/7 we eat work and slept in the same spaces for a month except when I said I was going to the gym or pool (which was code for the hotel bar)... So I knew that I couldn't do coke around him... I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and in cold sweats, and he would act as if he didn't notice... He knew this is what I needed. After a few weeks of this I found out I had a drinking problem as well... I had drank a fifth a day for over a year until I went on the road and I still had 5-10 shots of Jim Beam every night. So I quit drinking hear too as well as chewing. Now I have been clean from drink and coke for 2 years... I do still chew... but I didn't get killed, arrested and I am now engaged to the most beautiful women in this world and only have a year left in my civil eng. degree... I got a completely clean slate 2 years ago and all I lost was the time I was into drugs... that is very lucky

aikido2917

• Getbig III
  • Wear your skin one size too small!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 08:11:35 AM »
Also I don't have as much money now, but what I do have I have worked for hard

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 09:48:18 PM »
This thread should be required reading for every newly registered member on this board.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 10:07:49 PM »
This thread should be required reading for every newly registered member on this board.

you're with "the" church are'nt ya ?

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »
you're with "the" church are'nt ya ?
Heh, no religious affiliation here.   

Jay Em

• Getbig II
  • The iron bug may rust... but will never die!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
Man, Stunt, this is one heavy thread. Damn!!

First, Onlyme, your cute, beautiful daughter, with one of the sweetest smiles in
the world...is still missing?? Without saying anything else, if you want to conduct a Southern Cal search (if you haven't already), please count me in. I used to do a lot of investigative work and writing and I'm pretty persistent when it comes to matters like this...especially this!! I have two daughters, 20 and 23, I simply can't imagine what you must be going through. But I do enough to make my offer. In all sincerity, if and when you want to search...I volunteer to be on your team, no questions asked, no quarter, no conditions. Period. She's in my thoughts & P's.

Now, this is tough. My 25 year old son, Adam, a gifted writer and artist but major time noncomformist, is a junkie, big time. Two years ago, at my ex-wife's house, while she was flying & away (a stew), Adam's best friend, 21 at the time, o'd at the house while Adam passed out at the computer. My 18-year-old
daughter was at work. When my daughter came home, she found this strange
guy in her bed, dead...all his bodily fluids gone from his body, on her bed, floor.
My son recovered and vowed he learned a lesson (Pot, meth, crack, Ex, heroin)
That lesson lasted about two weeks and he was getting right back to town.
He's been in jail 6 times or so. Has lost at least 5-6 friends via death, to drugs.

Just recently around Xmas, he called me (from Utah) and said he was tired of
the life and wanted to join the military. He had NEVER, NEVER said that before.
I had been asking The Man upstairs for a miracle. I didn't know what. Just a
miracle. Because that's what I thought it would take, nothing short. I won't go
into all the last nine years of sorted details, suffice to say however, it's been
hell. I know this sounds silly as H but if the drug culture/demon, problem,
whatever you want to call it, could be packaged into a human soul, I swear I
would offer my life to take it on, ME and IT, alone, loser to be evicted from the
face of the earth and mankind...forever. I would. I hate it. The damage it has done to individuals, families, communities and American culture is beyond human scope. And our lousy, scum-sucking politicians just go about their merry
ways. Anyway...

Another month has passed and he hasn't gone in yet. The Corps won't take
him as he has only a GED and a minor record. But the Army will. The paperwork
has begun and Adam claims he's trying to remove the last charge from the
record that would enable him to get clearance to join. I've talked to recruiters
and have helped and encouraged all I can. But I just don't know.

Like Stunt wrote about earlier...""I will lie and cheat and steal from ya cause
I'm a FXXKEN junkie; remember that!"

But I'd rather forget.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »
Thanks Jay.  Well a short update on my youngest.  She was found a few months ago.  She has been with her mom and everything looked awesome again.  She was clean helping around the house, doing good in school.  They did drug tests on her twice a month.  It looked like everything was great.  Well about 2 weeks ago she ran away with her friend.  Yesterday she was found.  She was found in Ventura sleeping ina car with her friend and two guys.  She was arrested.  Today was her court appearance.  Her mom just got off the phone with me.  They sentanced her to 13 months in jail.  She said it is so sad to see Cassie crying.  She is so cute but she knew what would happen if she did this again.  She had a drug test done today and I guess we find out the results sometime.  She swears up and down she is clean so i hope so,  I guess her friend was having trouble at home and needed Cassie to be a friend.  This girl has a car and they drove up north.  We'll see what happens but she is defintiely taking the hard road.  I feel sorry for her but I know she has to be straightened out.   ANyway hope she is okay.

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 04:08:42 AM »
Damn,

I just read this thread for the first time and eventhough I've never met anyone here in person, I feel for each and everyone losing loved ones and good friends, who otherwise might've had happy and fulfilling lives if they hadn't succumbed to the horrors of addiction.

On the other hand, it's great to hear some people overcoming their addiction and getting their lives together. It shows there is hope, if people seek help and get the most out of their will power to help themselves.

I've been extremely fortunate to grow up in a household where my parents , from a very early age, put the fear of God into us when it came to drink and drugs. As a result, like Keith, I've never even touched a cigarette or a drink in my life and count myself lucky for that.

Keith, I wish you all the best with your beautiful daughter and sincerely hope things will get better for her.
Lies, damn lies and diets

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 10:04:28 AM »
Thanks Jay.  Well a short update on my youngest.  She was found a few months ago.  She has been with her mom and everything looked awesome again.  She was clean helping around the house, doing good in school.  They did drug tests on her twice a month.  It looked like everything was great.  Well about 2 weeks ago she ran away with her friend.  Yesterday she was found.  She was found in Ventura sleeping ina car with her friend and two guys.  She was arrested.  Today was her court appearance.  Her mom just got off the phone with me.  They sentanced her to 13 months in jail.  She said it is so sad to see Cassie crying.  She is so cute but she knew what would happen if she did this again.  She had a drug test done today and I guess we find out the results sometime.  She swears up and down she is clean so i hope so,  I guess her friend was having trouble at home and needed Cassie to be a friend.  This girl has a car and they drove up north.  We'll see what happens but she is defintiely taking the hard road.  I feel sorry for her but I know she has to be straightened out.   ANyway hope she is okay.

Lets hope the 13 months in jail at her age has an opposite effect

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 10:12:37 AM »
Yes Gord my parents definitely put that fear in me.   I just never saw the attraction of drugs.  Even drinking.  I have been drunk and I admit it is kind of fun at the time but the afterwards is not worth it.  Plus I really don't like to put something in me that I don't like the taste of.  My mom smoked and me and my brother complained all the time.  When I was little she stuck me and my brother in the bathroom and made us smoke a cigarette.  I remember cause I couldn't more than 2 puffs without just throwing up and crying my ass off.  Same with my bro.  It made us hate cigarettes.  I have someof the funniest stories about other people and cigarettes.  I have one in Vegas that is just too funny.

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »
onlyme, i wish you and your daughter the best of luck.  meth is no joke.  my sister almost succumbed to it.  her addiction began around age 14 and continued late into her twenties.  She is the kindest, sweetest, most beautiful person i have ever known and meth almost took her from me.  it was not easy, there were many difficult times, but she made it through.  she beat it, and today she is the wonderful person i always knew her to be.

be strong for yourself and for your daughter.  just know that it won't be an easy road.  for her own good, never believe anything she tells you - always be the skeptic.  at the same time, make sure she always knows how much you love her.  i know the kind of pain you must be in; i remember seeing it in my father.  no one should ever have to go through it.  i wish you and your family only the best.

Jay Em

• Getbig II
  • The iron bug may rust... but will never die!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 11:19:29 PM »
Just got a call with one of those long-delayed pauses...

I feared for the worst. But it was a call from Jail from Adam.

At least he's alive. He claimed he was clean and would remain so (in jail) and when released (??) he woud pursue getting his record erased, something he
claims can happen (if he tells judge he wants to join Army).

He got arrested for a bench warrant...Stolen (one) bag of peanut M&Ms.

Pathetic...I don't know what to say or think anymore. 

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 07:01:43 AM »
Guys,

just wanted to give my deepest sympaty to what you
are going thru, with your family members drug problem.
I hope everything turns out good for your family.
Drugs is a serious problem, everywhere. The effect
that it has on society is beyond recognision.

djohnsen

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
Ya, this has been an interesting subject and some of your comments have helped me with a drug situation that has affected a lot of family members lately.

We are still wondering what the hospitals and doctors are doing about the possibility of drug dependency after a prolonged and serious hospital stay.

I'l try to offer some details later, but just wanted to state that these comments have been helpful.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2006, 08:42:40 PM »
Well an update on my little daughter.  She has been missing since January 22 or so.  She actually was in a detention facility for a few months.  She got out for 8 hours on the 22nd and went with her mom shopping and lunch.  I talked to her as did my oldest daughter.  She was to be out completly on the 1st of February just a little over a week away and after that on probabtion till her 17th birthday wich is Nov. 7.  Well while she was on the phone with her sister she said she doesn't want tobe on probation cause she wants to travel.  My oldest told her thats stupid its not even a long time.  Then all of a sudden her mom got on the phone to say Cassie just took off running down the street.  I grabbed the phone told her to call the police.  They came about 5 minutes later.  She has not been seen or heard from since.  So we know nothing.  It is sad cause she is so small and pretty and who knows what is happening with her.

Don't know what's harder not knowing where she is and if shes okay or the worst case possible.  Don't know whats happening.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2006, 09:31:12 PM »

First time seeing this thread.

I'm so sorry for your anguish Keith.  I can't imagine...
:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2006, 08:58:38 AM »
this thread has almost been here a year now

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2006, 09:18:31 AM »
this thread has almost been here a year now

Does that invalidate what I said?
I don't read everything posted on the boards nor do I visit many of the forums.
:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2006, 10:20:26 AM »
Does that invalidate what I said?
I don't read everything posted on the boards nor do I visit many of the forums.

it validates that you don't visit or read many of the forums on this board.....

yes....you're correct

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2006, 11:39:01 AM »
it validates that you don't visit or read many of the forums on this board.....

yes....you're correct

whew... finally  :P
: