Author Topic: Frank Mir  (Read 15428 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: Frank Mir
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
i beg to differ

he's big but not that big naturally, nothing like Lesnar

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »

I met Mir once, real arrogant guy. Not very nice at all

That's exactly how he comes across everytime i've seen him. And i haven't seen anything good enough from him fightwise to justify it.

I'm not a fan. He's making a good move working with Phillipi though.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
Tbombz, you have no clue what so ever when it comes to training athletes. Simple my ass!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
I seen Frank Mir the other day, he is looking alot bigger then he was before.The problem with Frank Mir is he used to be on low carb diet to keep himself lean.Well when you train as much as Frank Mir does, you cannot do lo carbs without losing weight and muscle.
I seen Frank spar for 2-3 hours at a time,lol.1 hour grappling, 1 hour boxing, then another hour of mixing martial arts..
Frank is now working with ex-strong man Mark Philipi, who is also a good friend of mine.Since he has been working with Mark ,Frank now weighs 275-280lbs and is pretty solid.When Frank Mir fought Brock Lesnar he only weighed 240lbs.He was to small, and Brock having the weight and size advantage just pummeled him.Now that Frank is working with Mark Philipi, he is bigger and stronger.
Mark has him doing drills to get him strong, but keep him fast.Plus we have got him eating 6-7 small meals a day versus, only eating 2-3 like he was.I think the new Frank Mir will suprise alot of people, with his added size and strength.

The thing is, Frank felt weak and humbled by Brock last time they met so he is now adding size and muscle to be more "competitive".

Too bad that Brock lost a lot of weight now though, who knows when their rematch will be and if Frank will be willing to stay bigger for so long. His adjustments may have been in vain.
Q

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
I'm wondering if Frank Mir is using Kre-Alkalyn and Waxy Maize?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
Franks the Tank is the man
I

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:28 PM »
That's exactly how he comes across everytime i've seen him. And i haven't seen anything good enough from him fightwise to justify it.

I'm not a fan. He's making a good move working with Phillipi though.

Ya the best thing was in his 2nd fight with Brock. Brock was controlling him on the top while Mir was just making these faces that were so pompous, like he was trying to show everyone "ya I got this, this is nothing," then his face gets utterly disfigured. The dude is so proud it's disgusting. 

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »
not all of frank's new wait was quality mass
he was a little puffy and holding alot of fat and water too i thought

i dont think it will work vs. lesner who simply has a superior musculo-skeletal structure to support that mass. not all 280lb'ers are created equal  :'(

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »
also i might add brock lesner is the reason i started training in UFC in the first place

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
Lesnar :)

The first time they fought frank mir submitted Lesnar.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
You mean MMA, you don't train "UFC".

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Frank Mir is for poor people.

^^ Getbig quotable.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
also i might add brock lesner is the reason i started training in UFC in the first place
lol

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
he was a little puffy and holding alot of fat and water too i thought

i dont think it will work vs. lesner who simply has a superior musculo-skeletal structure to support that mass. not all 280lb'ers are created equal  :'(

the juice is givin him the water and bloat

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
Van, Actually Frank Mir actually takes Waxey Maxe and Kre-Alklayn, and so does Mark Philipi.
Mark Philipi likes Kre-Alkalyn and Waxey Maze so much he is even making a product containing both ingredients in them.He is going to release this product probably MondayIts called Powerb Shot I beleive......
.Its a great product, it has 3.3 grams of Kre-alklayn and 12 grams of carbs per serving.It comes in Citrus, and Fruit Punch.Mark Philipi owns THE the PSI, and the supplement line PSI, =Philipi Sports Institute.The best one on one coaching gyms and training gyms in the world.
Mark Philipi has worked with alot of top athletes, and made them better.Mark is probably the best strength and conditioning coach I know.
Van laugh all you want, but real athletes use Kre-Alklayn and Waxy Maze Starch.These 2 compounds have tons of real world research to back them up.

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »
Mir is/was on shit, how do you think he went from 240 to 260 from the Lesnar fight to the Kongo fight. It must me nice to be so tight with Dana White to have White turn his back.

He put on weight, but he was fat.  He had saggy tits in the Kongo fight (watch him run around the ring after he entered).  20lbs of mostly fat is not that hard for a 6'1-2" guy to put on in 5 months.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »
lol

that marty dude has to be a gimmick...no one is that stupid....
DAWG

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
Van laugh all you want, but real athletes use Kre-Alklayn and Waxy Maze Starch.These 2 compounds have tons of real world research to back them up.

Of course they do, it's not like carbs are a new invention. :D And creatine is the most researched supp ever of course (the 1% buffer is inconsequential in the large scheme of things, a gimmick, but the product supplies Cr mono so it should work).

I just knew they were on them!  :D

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »
I seen Frank Mir the other day, he is looking alot bigger then he was before.The problem with Frank Mir is he used to be on low carb diet to keep himself lean.Well when you train as much as Frank Mir does, you cannot do lo carbs without losing weight and muscle.
I seen Frank spar for 2-3 hours at a time,lol.1 hour grappling, 1 hour boxing, then another hour of mixing martial arts..
Frank is now working with ex-strong man Mark Philipi, who is also a good friend of mine.Since he has been working with Mark ,Frank now weighs 275-280lbs and is pretty solid.When Frank Mir fought Brock Lesnar he only weighed 240lbs.He was to small, and Brock having the weight and size advantage just pummeled him.Now that Frank is working with Mark Philipi, he is bigger and stronger.
Mark has him doing drills to get him strong, but keep him fast.Plus we have got him eating 6-7 small meals a day versus, only eating 2-3 like he was.I think the new Frank Mir will suprise alot of people, with his added size and strength.

Spirit of Truth

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:09 PM »

weight.
Q

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
pics of him in a thong or this thread will be deleted.
No doubt about it...

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
 Mir wont beat Lesnar no matter how much he juices. Hes got great technique and that will help you beat 99% of guys out there but Lesnar is the other 1% when this guy has done as much training for MMA as the others look out, he will only be beaten by someone as strong as him with better technique and thats now not when he s closer to the finished product, you just cant train people to be that big strong and angry.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
Mir wont beat Lesnar no matter how much he juices. Hes got great technique and that will help you beat 99% of guys out there but Lesnar is the other 1% when this guy has done as much training for MMA as the others look out, he will only be beaten by someone as strong as him with better technique and thats now not when he s closer to the finished product, you just cant train people to be that big strong and angry.

Good post! Frank Mir will never be champion again!
Spirit of Truth

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 05:01:33 AM »
Good post! Frank Mir will never be champion again!

I'm not a Mir fan but I disagree...
DAWG

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
Ya sure he did  ::)  ::)

you mean to say mir's life was once saved by a corrupt referee from getting knocked into a coma..

watch the fight again, Lesnar came out of it without a scratch, mir's face looked like a pumpkin.

I believe Brock Lesnar tapped out,he essentially said please stop hurting me Frank,I am not man enough to take the pain anymore