Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 3442 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 02:11:45 PM »
Exactly the man lives and breathes the air in question.   I tend to believe this is a scare tactic.
[/quote  

So are you out of jail now big guy
I

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »
whether all the CO2 we've pumped into the atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution has any effect on the total amount of heat being stored in the oceans and atmosphere doesn't really matter.   There is plenty of evidence that the total temperature of the planet is increasing.  The ice caps and glaciers are disappearing at an increasingly rapid rate.  

So what if its part of a natural cycle or not.  The planet has had ice ages before, and has ice free periods.  But during those extreme conditions, there weren't 7 billion people on the planet.   If the Antarctic and Greenland glaciers melt and the oceans rise, over a billion people will have to be relocated.  Much of our most productive farm land will turn to desert.  How will we feed 7 billion people with much less farmland?

Here is something to think about.  If the icecaps of Greenland melt in a relatively short period of time, say 20-40 years, all that fresh cold water will be dumped into the north Atlantic, disrupting the Gulf Current.  The Gulf Current is what keeps Europe warm.   It could take 100 years for the Gulf Current to reestablish itself.  If Greenland melts, Europe could be thrown into a deep freeze.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »
You just watched the 11th hour didnt you??
I

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
whether all the CO2 we've pumped into the atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution has any effect on the total amount of heat being stored in the oceans and atmosphere doesn't really matter.   There is plenty of evidence that the total temperature of the planet is increasing.  The ice caps and glaciers are disappearing at an increasingly rapid rate.  

So what if its part of a natural cycle or not.  The planet has had ice ages before, and has ice free periods.  But during those extreme conditions, there weren't 7 billion people on the planet.   If the Antarctic and Greenland glaciers melt and the oceans rise, over a billion people will have to be relocated.  Much of our most productive farm land will turn to desert.  How will we feed 7 billion people with much less farmland?

Here is something to think about.  If the icecaps of Greenland melt in a relatively short period of time, say 20-40 years, all that fresh cold water will be dumped into the north Atlantic, disrupting the Gulf Current.  The Gulf Current is what keeps Europe warm.   It could take 100 years for the Gulf Current to reestablish itself.  If Greenland melts, Europe could be thrown into a deep freeze.
same old worn out liberal bullshit. give it a rest

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:10 PM »
Im all for recycling and taking care of the planet but I wont feel bad because I drive a huge diesel machine
I

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
total scam..  actual theory only has support from 2 liberal scientist supporting this misinformation.... follow the money and you will find the truth

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
What meteorological data are comparing it with, exactly?

We've had a lot of debates on this in the political section.  There is a real debate still occuring among scientists and climatologists as if man made CO2 is directly causing global warming (and if our detection methods of climate patterns are truely accurate).  The data does not all agree although more does point to a slow warming trend over time (with fluctuations mainly from the sun).  Unfortunately, this subject has been highly politicized and groups doing research funded by global warming advocates.  Even worse is that some of the data was thrown out because it didn't fit the model.
Al Gore was fine when he was bringing attention to the topic but then went radical.

It's wonderful to preserve our environment, we must, but global warming is certainly not the immediate crisis some have made it out to be.  It became almost cult-like.  More scientists have come forward to question the conclusions of some of the main researchers.  The hockey-stick model (which shows significant warming in the last century) is under a lot of scrutiny.

In fact, the last 15yrs of data shows a cooling period.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
I agree.   
I

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
I'm beginning to enjoy your posts ;D

lol are you sure? ;D
tank u jesus

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
carpe` vaginum!

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »
you must believe everything you see on tv
I

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
yup 50k a speach that asshole is getting
I have been to one of those speeches, and let me tell you, the people paying that 50 grand are getting ripped off. 

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »
I went to school in Alaska, and my university Geology professor said global warming is a crock of shit.  Actually he just said it is not man mad just the earth's natural cycle as evidenced by the geological records.  So I tend to believe him over Al Gore. 

cool man where in Alaska?  I definitely want to live there for a year once in my life, Ketchikan would be my choice or Juneau.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »
cool man where in Alaska?  I definitely want to live there for a year once in my life, Ketchikan would be my choice or Juneau.

I spent one summer in Tannana, 150 miles west of Fairbanks, one summer in Anchorage.  Also been in Aniak, Bethel, Hooper Bay (the Appalachia of Alaska), Nome, Kotzebue, Fairbanks, Homer, Soldotna, Kenai, Stewart, Valdez, Sitka, and Juneau.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
I lived in Fairbanks. 

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »
it's just the latest scare for this generation. when i was a kid, it was all about the disapearing rain forrest. then it was global cooling and the threat of a new ice age. then it was holes in the ozone layer. and now it's global warmin aka climate change. im wonder what'll be next for them to 'scare' us with?
+1

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 05:51:03 PM »
bench

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 05:57:43 PM »
There's a little thing you have to learn about tis guy al gore, if he's involved it's a scam. end of story

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »
+1

its a way to take cash from the people, all business. the scientists that dont agree with the warming theory dont get the chance to be heared, the scientists that do agree are on the payroll by the oil companies.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
other planets have been warming up too, i dont know have you seen any factory's on mars?
they cant work it out, must be the sun?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
he human population does not create enough heat VIA green house ass or anything else to physically warm the planet
I

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2010, 02:14:02 AM »
Climate change has happened in cycles for millions of years and it won't stop. Have man-made greenhouse gases contributed in recent(past couple of hundred years) contributed? Maybe, but it won't stop the next ice age happening when it comes round.

I say this as a scientist, not as a layman.

I don't think i need to say how much of an ass Al Bore is. Profitting from scaremongering.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 02:24:21 AM »
everyone likes it a bit warmer anyway.....
No doubt about it...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »
There is NO global warming. Results are manipulated to brainwash the masses. Truth is, the temperature worldwide has declined since 1998. It's slightly getting COLDER.

If you still believe crooks like Al (Alibaba) Gore and the 40 climate pirates than you are a Fool.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 02:34:31 AM »
Al Gore certainly is enjoying the money he's making off of it

Exactly!