Author Topic: For the Brock fans...  (Read 2670 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
For the Brock fans...
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »
Quote:
Well look who's getting name-checked on "Inside MMA." Ron Kruck references our story on Brock Lesnar's ongoing health issues before cutting to Randy Couture, who says he's spoken with Lesnar and things are looking up for the big man. If we can believe Couture (and he doesn't seem the like the type to just make stuff up -- that's Tito Ortiz's game), Lesnar is already back in the gym and ought to be Octagon-ready by this spring. We should probably treat this with the same healthy skepticism we had for "Comprido" Medeiros' assurance that everything was going to be just fine, but at least it's encouraging news.

Once again though, we can't help but wonder what's with all the secrecy. If Lesnar really is back in the gym and beating the hell out of poor Chris Tuchscherer again, why wouldn't he be cool with the world knowing that? Is this all part of an attempt to fake his own death just to get out of paying taxes? That's it, isn't it? That sly son of a bitch 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: For the Brock fans...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
hmmm....
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:36:31 AM »
Looks like Brock's "over" his fake illness and ready to get back in the ring with the extra training he just got. Of course they kept it under wraps as the guy was never sick.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »
yep his steroid use has reached epic levels during this time off when he has been to sick and weak to submit to drug testing...
DAWG

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
brock lesner is the reason i started training in UFC

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »
For the record, I can't stand Lesnar and very much look forward to seeing him and Carwin go at it.  I think Carwin will KO him.  BUT, if I could have one fight, it would be Fedor vs Lesnar WITHOUT A FIX!  The chubby Russian would once and for all be exposed. 
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:17 AM »
So you now think Carwin is the best HW in the world?  ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »

ha ha no doubt...This mindspin dude has had some of the dumbest post's I have ever read on any MMA forum ever... & I have posted on plenty of forums and heard some ignorant shit....ha ha Carwin would KO lesner but lesner would expose Fedor OMG...really?....really?...but I do agree carwin prob would KO lesner...but his whole fedor comments aren't based in reality at all....
DAWG

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »

Where, exactly did I say that ???  I'm pretty sure that Carwin can KO Lesnar.  I am certain that Lesnar can manhandle Fedor.  And I believe Mir has a good shot at taking out Carwin.  As far as the best heavyweight in the world?  That's a tough one.  Styles make fights.  Unlike the lightweight, welterweight and middle weight divisions, there is no dominant heavyweight.  Much like light-heavyweights, I think we'll see the Heavyweight belt change hands multiple times over the next couple of years...
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »
Spin- I think you just talk shit in some distant hope that by repeating that Brock would handle Fedor, that Fedor would magically appear from the rafters at a UFC ppv and challenge Brock in front of everybody.

You seem to know your fighters, but how can you seriously do one of these A would beat B, B would beat C etc. type arguments when Fedor has twice as many victories as Mir has professional fights ( probably 4x as many as Carwin, and even more for Brock)?

Brock has 5 fights. Carwin has 10 fights. You can add all of these guys up and they don't even come close. Styles only make fights when you have opponents that are similar in skill/ experience/ atheltic ability or other intangiables. A superior fighter beats an inferior fighter 95 times out of 100 regardless of style. Chalk up the 5% to a lucky ko, a questionable decision by the judges ala Rua/ Machida, injury and things like that.

In all seriousness, besides Brock being bigger than Fedor what else do you have to launch a decent argument that he would win?

As far as the rest of the UFC goes vs. Fedor, it's not even worth discussing because it's a total fantasy. Mir couldn't beat Fedor at a game of checkers, let alone in an MMA bout.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
For the record, I can't stand Lesnar and very much look forward to seeing him and Carwin go at it.  I think Carwin will KO him.  BUT, if I could have one fight, it would be Fedor vs Lesnar WITHOUT A FIX!  The chubby Russian would once and for all be exposed. 
I don't get it... you diss on every champion fighter! So tell me, which are the best fighters?
S

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
I don't get it... you diss on every champion fighter! So tell me, which are the best fighters?

Mir, Carwin, Lesnar, Velasques, Dosantos are my top 5.  I can't put Fedor in there because most of his fights were either fixed, against washed up fighters or with circus side shows.  Let's put him in the UFC and see what he can do... 
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
Spin- I think you just talk shit in some distant hope that by repeating that Brock would handle Fedor, that Fedor would magically appear from the rafters at a UFC ppv and challenge Brock in front of everybody.

You seem to know your fighters, but how can you seriously do one of these A would beat B, B would beat C etc. type arguments when Fedor has twice as many victories as Mir has professional fights ( probably 4x as many as Carwin, and even more for Brock)?

Brock has 5 fights. Carwin has 10 fights. You can add all of these guys up and they don't even come close. Styles only make fights when you have opponents that are similar in skill/ experience/ atheltic ability or other intangiables. A superior fighter beats an inferior fighter 95 times out of 100 regardless of style. Chalk up the 5% to a lucky ko, a questionable decision by the judges ala Rua/ Machida, injury and things like that.

In all seriousness, besides Brock being bigger than Fedor what else do you have to launch a decent argument that he would win?

As far as the rest of the UFC goes vs. Fedor, it's not even worth discussing because it's a total fantasy. Mir couldn't beat Fedor at a game of checkers, let alone in an MMA bout.

Brock would be able to take Fedor down at will and pound him into submission.  The same way he neutralized Mir. 
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 04:25:48 PM »
ha ha no doubt...This mindspin dude has had some of the dumbest post's I have ever read on any MMA forum ever... & I have posted on plenty of forums and heard some ignorant shit....ha ha Carwin would KO lesner but lesner would expose Fedor OMG...really?....really?...but I do agree carwin prob would KO lesner...but his whole fedor comments aren't based in reality at all....

Some of his Fedor comments are definitely opinion and most likely can not be proven.
One thins is certain though. Fedor is not currently fighting TOP contenders. Therefore he can not call

himself the best CURRENTLY.

IMO the HW division is neck and neck currently. Anyone could come out in top if they all were in the same
org.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
You guys are so caught up in the UFC brand name that your totally oblivious as to the guys that are fighting.

Arlovski  is ranked at number 24 ( despite KO losses to Rogers, Fedor and multiple losses to Tim Sylvia), Mir at 22 ( despite a 12-8 record with zero impressive wins) and Tim Sylvia ( the biggest paper tiger in MMA history) at number 19 in Elite Fighter Magazines top 50 MMA fighters of all time.

PS-- The only other heavyweights of mention included on the list (Cro Cop is # 33 out of pity) are Minotauro ranked # 11 with a record of 32-5-1 and Alistair Overeem at number 45 with a record of 29-11.

Geesh-- How could I be so off guard? Obviously Shane Carwin, Brock Lesnar, Junior Dos Santos, and Gorillas in the mist Congo should have been included. After all, I think combined they have 20 professional fights among themselves in the UFC. And because they fight in the UFC, all of their fights must have been against studs  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
Who give a shit about "Greatest of all time" ::)  I'm talking about today.  Who is the best today.  And WeightPSHR is right.  In spite of all the Fedor nuthuggers, the heavyweight division has no clear dominant fighter.  I see the title changing hands multiple times over the next couple of years...
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:47:41 PM »
Yeah-- BC the UFC has a bunch of mediocre and used to be great but are now over the hill HW fighters. Case Closed.

Your youngest and most promising fighter is out until God knows when with an intestinal infection. Who is supposed to hold the crown in the meanwhile and bring cred to the HW division-- Frank Mir?  ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Your youngest and most promising fighter is out until God knows when with an intestinal infection. Who is supposed to hold the crown in the meanwhile and bring cred to the HW division-- Frank Mir?  ::)

ha ha....oh my...the most youngest...ha ha he's about to be 33 years old....the most promising?well you just rolled your eyes at Mir so who else has he fought in his meager 5 fights.....oh brother give me a break..

the youngest & most promising up and coming heavyweight is junior dos Santos.....that young man will be kickin ass long after Brock is exposed...And I'll be sure to bump this thread a couple years from now just to say I told you & all the delusional others so....
DAWG

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »
Dos Santos has some promise-- But he is a new jack...

Mind Spin and the other UFC brownosers keep reffering to the UFC HW roster like its some sort of dream team.

I agree that some of the UFC youngbloods-- IE Carwin, Dos Santos-- Have a lot of promise. But, until they start knocking each other off and they rack up some fights, its all fucking hype imo...

I mean honestly-- The best HW in the world is supposed to be a WWE wrestler with 4 professional fights---- just because he fights in the UFC. IMO he is the perfect example of why the UFC HW division is crap.

Guys like Nog, Fedor,-- Even Gonzaga, have earned some respect. Bullshit mouthy tough guys like Frank Mir are a joke and other guys like Lesnar, Dos Santos, Etc.-- have talent, but havent earned the respect yet imo.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 07:19:35 PM »
Dos Santos has some promise-- But he is a new jack...

Mind Spin and the other UFC brownosers keep reffering to the UFC HW roster like its some sort of dream team.

I agree that some of the UFC youngbloods-- IE Carwin, Dos Santos-- Have a lot of promise. But, until they start knocking each other off and they rack up some fights, its all fucking hype imo...

I mean honestly-- The best HW in the world is supposed to be a WWE wrestler with 4 professional fights---- just because he fights in the UFC. IMO he is the perfect example of why the UFC HW division is crap.

Guys like Nog, Fedor,-- Even Gonzaga, have earned some respect. Bullshit mouthy tough guys like Frank Mir are a joke and other guys like Lesnar, Dos Santos, Etc.-- have talent, but havent earned the respect yet imo.

it's hard to decipher your post & alot of it is kinda contradictory but I think that has more to do with you just being a casual fan and not knowing what your talking about....1st I do agree with you that alot of people are overestimating the heavyweight division but Brock lesner is a major part of that....2nd carwin is not a youngblood he's a 35 year old man....I'm to tiered to even address the other shit....2marrows another day
DAWG

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 08:35:14 AM »
What's contradictory?

By youngblood I mean new to being a professional fighter, not age. Having 10 pro- fights against guys that are lower echelon HW's doesn't give you credibility.

My point about Lesnar is that he has the belt after 4 fights. If he fought in another organization, nobody would give two shits-- but because he's in the UFC people act like it's an amazing accomplishment.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
Lesnar = overated