Author Topic: Sarah Palin Takes Stupid To A New Level With Glenn Beck!!  (Read 28300 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Sarah Palin Takes Stupid To A New Level With Glenn Beck!!
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2010, 06:59:18 AM »

Absence of evidence? You must be smoking a different type of "Straw".

The evidence that this is a Christian nation comes from the VERY MEN WHO WROTE AND SIGNED THE CONSTITUTION, evidence that I've posted repeatedly, right here in black-and-white.

That is what they said of this nation and its Constittution. The fact that both you and Lurker continue to make buffoons of yourself, by not observing what they said about the document THAT THEY WROTE AND SIGNED shows that the intellectual dishonesty (and boneheadedness, for that matter) falls on you.

yeah and other men who wrote it, and in fact the key figures (not an obsure figure like Chase) have said the exact opposite.  Anyone who is being intellectually honest would admit that the only thing that is relevent is the Constitutaion and that document not only doesn't mention Jesus, and it fact, it specifcally eliminates religion from the structure of our government.

Your brain is infected wth fundamental religions belief so  I don't expect you to understand this in another 18 pages or 1800 pages.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02:02 AM »
yeah and other men who wrote it, and in fact the key figures (not an obsure figure like Chase) have said the exact opposite.  Anyone who is being intellectually honest would admit that the only thing that is relevent is the Constitutaion and that document not only doesn't mention Jesus, and it fact, it specifcally eliminates religion from the structure of our government.

Your brain is infected wth fundamental religions belief so  I don't expect you to understand this in another 18 pages or 1800 pages.

One, Chase was hardly an obscure figure (and he was among the MAJORITY of the Supreme Court who made the ruling I posted).

Two, I mentioned some of the key figures and they are AMONG the ones, who made such a declaratin.

Once again, you're going the "Straw Man" routine. My "fundamental religious beliefs" aren't the subject here. It's about what the Founders said about this country. And, contrary to your claims, they weren't obscure figures.

We know what they said about religion. In fact, I posted an example of that, which went something like:

By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2010, 09:03:27 AM »
Anyone who is being intellectually honest would admit that the only thing that is relevent is the Constitutaion and that document not only doesn't mention Jesus, and it fact, it specifcally eliminates religion from the structure of our government.

Your brain is infected wth fundamental religions belief so  I don't expect you to understand this in another 18 pages or 1800 pages.

Exactly.  It is right there. Spelled out plain as day in the Constitution and yet she still has to run around with this tired he said/she said bullshit trying to pass opinions off as fact.  Amazing.  Logic and fact can't penetrate that little delusion bubble she is living in.

It's one thing to sit around basing your life and thoughts on some invisible man sitting on a cloud, but when you start to attempt to encapsulate every single aspect of the lives of others and an entire nation under rabid beliefs rooted in insecurities, well you just become nothing more than a delusional religious nut.  The exact kind of nut the founding fathers had in mind when they pointly excluded religious bearing on the establishment of our nation through the Constitution.  Which is EXACTLY why they established this country as a secular nation.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »
This country was not established by what the Founding Father's said.  It was established through what the Founding Fathers created.  Which is the Constitution.  And the Constitution....  well, we all know what it does and does NOT contain.

So once again for the benefit of the slow ones on board...

--God was purposely left out of the Constitution
--Jesus - the icon of Christianity - was left out of the Constitution
--America has no established church
-- Every religion and sect known to Man is at home here;
-- Religious and scriptural arguments are invalid in our courts;
-- Religious tests for public office are barred by the Constitution.
--Church and state is separated

America is not a Christian nation.

Pretending it is simply because of your own insecurities and lack of independent thought process is not going to make it so.

Baby Jeebus is weeping over your stupidity right now. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #454 on: February 03, 2010, 09:09:47 AM »
Chase is the only Supreme Court justice to ever be impeached and he was impeached for letting his partisan opinions influence his decisions.

The fact that Chase issued a statement of opinion is meaningless as proof of anything.  
Haven't we been over this before.  You're still confused by the difference between opinion and fact ?

Just to entertain your delusion for a moment, Chase wrote "By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion"

What does this statement actually mean?  What exactly in "our form of government" can you point to to support this statement?  Since the Constitution establishes our form of government can you show me something in there that supports this statement?  If not, where else should we look for proof that this statement is true and not merely a misguided opinion?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #455 on: February 03, 2010, 09:12:19 AM »
Chase is the only Supreme Court justice to ever be impeached and he was impeached for letting his partisan opinions influence his decisions.

The fact that Chase issued a statement of opinion is meaningless as proof of anything.  
Haven't we been over this before.  You're still confused by the difference between opinion and fact ?

Just to entertain your delusion for a moment, Chase wrote "By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion"

What does this statement actually mean?  What exactly in "our form of government" can you point to to support this statement?  Since the Constitution establishes our form of government can you show me something in there that supports this statement?  If not, where else should we look for proof that this statement is true and not merely a misguided opinion?

Like I said a few pages ago.

This thread  =

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: February 03, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »
Like I said a few pages ago.

This thread  =

Since facts and logic do not change, it requires little effort on our part.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #457 on: February 03, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »

AND.....the other justices that concurred with him (unanimously, was it not?) weren't impeached. What's your point?

YOU'RE still confused that an "opinion" by the Supreme Court is hardly the same an opinion by Joe Blow on the street. If at least 5 justices give their opinion on a certain issue, that opinion, for all practical purposes, is LAW (see the most recent Supreme Court decision on campaing finance).

What that statement meant is that those who governed our country, who wrote and penned the Constitution did so, from a Judeo-Christian framework, as indicated by their very statements.

Since facts and logic do not change, it requires little effort on our part.

Yep!! Being dead wrong and painfully silly comes so naturally for you guys!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #458 on: February 03, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
This country was not established by what the Founding Father's said.  It was established through what the Founding Fathers created.  Which is the Constitution.  And the Constitution....  well, we all know what it does and does NOT contain.

Since, the only edict that the Constitution must contain a reference to Christ for America to be a Christian nation exists only in the weak strawmen that both you and Straw Man have erected, your continued cowardly clucking does little more than provide slapstick comedy.

If those who wrote the Constitution declared this nation to be a Christian one, then that's what it is, point blank.

The only issue in the Constitution was ensuring one Christian denomination didn't get favored over another. Perhaps, a few more "Hooked on Phonics" sessions on your part will drill that part home.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #459 on: February 03, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Since, the only edict that the Constitution must contain a reference to Christ for America to be a Christian nation exists only in the weak strawmen that both you and Straw Man have erected, your continued cowardly clucking do little more than provide slapstick comedy.

If those who wrote the Constitution declared this nation to be a Christian one, then that's what it is, point blank.

The only issue in the Constitution was ensuring one Christian denomination didn't get favored over another. Perhaps, a few more "Hooked on Phonics" sessions on your part will drill that part home.
hey - I simply asked you to show me where in "our form of government" can you point to to support this statement made by Chase.

I mean if it's a fact and not just his nutty opinion then you should be able where to show me "IN OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT" that his statement is supported by fact.

Lets see it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #460 on: February 03, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »
hey - I simply asked you to show me where in "our form of government" can you point to to support this statement made by Chase.

I mean if it's a fact and not just his nutty opinion then you should be able where to show me "IN OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT" that his statement is supported by fact.

Lets see it

One, I already have: Our legal system, for starters. That would explain why John Quincy Adams cited the Ten Commandments as the source of our civil laws.

Two, Chase gave the UNANIMOUS RULING of the Supreme Court on this issue. So, your pitiful attempts to dismiss that ruling, harping on his impeachment (he was acquitted, anyway, and returned to the Supreme Court until his death) continue to fall flat.

Then, there's that James Madison guy, you mentioned earlier:

We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: February 03, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
The nation was established by the Constitution.  If the Constitution doesn't declare it a Christian Nation, then it isn't.

Plain and simple.  If you are too stupid to understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.  Considering your constant contradictions and delusions that have ran on for over a week and over 18 pages, I honestly don't think you have the brain cells to ever understand something so simple.

Thank God our Founding Fathers saw the potential of having a great nation ruined by religion and thus established it as a secular nation.

Pretending it is simply because of your own insecurities and lack of independent thought process is not going to make it so.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »
The nation was established by the Constitution.  If the Constitution doesn't declare it a Christian Nation, then it isn't.

Plain and simple.  If you are too stupid to understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.  Considering your constant contradictions and delusions that have ran on for over a week and over 18 pages, I honestly don't think you have the brain cells to ever understand something so simple.

Thank God our Founding Fathers saw the potential of having a great nation ruined by religion and thus established it as a secular nation.

You mean Founding Fathers like:

We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

or

"By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty " - Samuel Chase, giving the UNANIMOUS verdict from the Supreme Court, 1799 "Runkel v. Winemiller"

Or

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.” - John Jay

or

I had the honor of being one who framed that Constitution. In order effectually to accomplish these great ends set forth in the Constitution, it is especially the duty of those who bear rule to promote and encourage respect for God and virtue and to discourage every degree of vice and immorality" - Henry Laurens

or

The law given from Sinai was a civil and municipal code as well as a moral and religious code. These are laws essential to the existence of men in society and most of which have been enacted by every Nation which ever professed any code of laws. Vain indeed would be the search among the writings of secular history to find so broad, so complete and so solid a basis of morality as the Ten Commandments lay down."
- John Quincy Adams

or

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: 'It connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity" - John Adams

or

"For my own part, I sincerely esteem it (the Constitution) a system which without the finger of God, never could have been suggested and agreed upon by such a diversity of interests. - Alexandar Hamilton

Stop me anytime you like.....

That's what the FOUNDING FATHERS SAID ABOUT THIS COUNTRY. They wrote it, signed it, judged by it, and governed by it. Excuse me if I have a hard time, taking your crack-headed view over theirs.

Apparently, your short-circuited skull can't process such simple information. Deal with it, for once. And maybe, just MAYBE, you'll grow a set and address that Treaty of Tripoli issue, that was put to you over a week ago.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
I mean the Constitution that...

If it isn't IN the Constitution, it wasn't established BY the Constitution.

Reality must be a harsh place for you to have to live in.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #464 on: February 03, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »
McWay - why didn't you include this quote in your list:

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #465 on: February 04, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
I mean the Constitution that...

If it isn't IN the Constitution, it wasn't established BY the Constitution.

I mean the men who wrote, signed, and governed by the Constitution who said....

We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God."
- James Madison

"By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty "
- Samuel Chase, giving the UNANIMOUS verdict from the Supreme Court, 1799 "Runkel v. Winemiller"

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.”
- John Jay

I had the honor of being one who framed that Constitution. In order effectually to accomplish these great ends set forth in the Constitution, it is especially the duty of those who bear rule to promote and encourage respect for God and virtue and to discourage every degree of vice and immorality"
- Henry Laurens

The law given from Sinai was a civil and municipal code as well as a moral and religious code. These are laws essential to the existence of men in society and most of which have been enacted by every Nation which ever professed any code of laws. Vain indeed would be the search among the writings of secular history to find so broad, so complete and so solid a basis of morality as the Ten Commandments lay down."
- John Quincy Adams

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: 'It connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity"
- John Adams

"For my own part, I sincerely esteem it (the Constitution) a system which without the finger of God, never could have been suggested and agreed upon by such a diversity of interests.
- Alexandar Hamilton

If that's what the Founding Fathers said about this country, then that's the nature of this country.

And, to answer YOUR question, Straw Man, there are more statements resembling those above, than resemble those of Jefferson.

Then again, that same guy said something to the tune of.....

Among the most inestimable of our blessings, also, is that... of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; a liberty deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support."

Reality must be a harsh place for you to have to live in.

Hardly!! I like it here, especially when it has the added benefit of making you look like a complete fool.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #466 on: February 04, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
every body on msnbc with the exception of morning joe takes stupid to a new level every time they open their mouth

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2010, 06:25:11 AM »
Retardation must be an asset when attempting to push one's delusions onto the rest of the nation as evident by MCWAY.

This country was not established by what the Founding Father's said.  It was established through what the Founding Fathers created.  Which is the Constitution.  And the Constitution....  well, we all know what it does and does NOT contain.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »
Retardation must be an asset when attempting to push one's delusions onto the rest of the nation as evident by MCWAY.

Smoking crack must be an asset to you, Lurker, to suggest that the Founding Fathers would state, point blank, that America is a Christian nation, only to write a Constitution that contradicts their words and intent.

But, making a fool out of yourself is hardly anything new to you, Lurker. Nor are cowardice and lacking a set of stones, when asked direct questions about your bone-brained claims.

The Founding Fathers clearly state that this country is a Christian nation, and that their drafting, sigining, and ruling by the Constitution is a testament to that. The fact that you can't deal with that reality and continue to duck and hide from it is your problem.

To this day, you haven't answered the questions I put to you. But, again, that's to be expected. Your lack of spine is evident. Your yellow streak glows from sea to shining sea.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »
Are you arguing with yourself?

Quote from: MCWAY on January 30, 2010, 12:41:31 PM
The Constitution doesn't state that the Founding Fathers declared this a Christian nation.

Retarded people seem to do that. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »

Nope!! I'm merely citing what the Founding Fathers said about this country, along with your sniveling cowardice, regarding what was asked of you, which you're too scared to address.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: February 09, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »

Quote from: MCWAY on January 30, 2010, 12:41:31 PM
The Constitution doesn't state that the Founding Fathers declared this a Christian nation.

Or are you just lying with the above statement?