Author Topic: Dorian Yates is getting married.  (Read 53867 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Dorian Yates is getting married.
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »
Sure, you know us both so well. I don't want to turn a trashy whore into a first class wife. You can do that if you'd like. I'd prefer a woman who is a woman, not a whore. Whores are something else. Once a whore, always a whore. Call me stuck up, jealous, paranoid... I just don't want a disgusting whore. What's wrong with that?

You say I'm scared of women? That I'm a little man who cannot command authority? Command all the dirty whores you want, Parker. You go be a man. Go be a big, tough man and have fun with that. You know so much about Asian culture, don't you? Seems like you can have any woman you want. I guess I'll go watch my woman in case her eyes wander elsewhere...... because every single one of their old family friends have all been married their entire lives without cheating. Ha.... you're such a loser. We'll be together forever and you'll wake up to different whores when you get lucky enough to have sex. :-*

It just seems you have no idea what you're talking about.

spinnis

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »
It just seems you have no idea what you're talking about.

kinda like everytime you post with this or your other account.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »
Sure, you know us both so well. I don't want to turn a trashy whore into a first class wife. You can do that if you'd like. I'd prefer a woman who is a woman, not a whore. Whores are something else. Once a whore, always a whore. Call me stuck up, jealous, paranoid... I just don't want a disgusting whore. What's wrong with that?

You say I'm scared of women? That I'm a little man who cannot command authority? Command all the dirty whores you want, Parker. You go be a man. Go be a big, tough man and have fun with that. You know so much about Asian culture, don't you? Seems like you can have any woman you want. I guess I'll go watch my woman in case her eyes wander elsewhere...... because every single one of their old family friends have all been married their entire lives without cheating. Ha.... you're such a loser. We'll be together forever and you'll wake up to different whores when you get lucky enough to have sex. :-*

You are assuming that every woman that you meet is a whore, what is your standard? One dude, two dudes, three, what is the number to you? What was your experience? You are not happy getting laid, or were you the one who didn't fulfill the woman? Typically men who want VIRGINS ONLY, don't want a woman who has espeereince, because he knows that he cannot or has a challenge in pleasing women, which leads to frustration.
It's funny how you don't want a "disgusting whore" yet you are planning to make this chick your own personal one. Don't you find that a bit odd?  
Aww, some chick did hurt your feelings.  Everybody know you can't turn a ho into a housewife, that's elementary! It's been siad that there are women you wed and the women you bed, the key for today's woman is to be the one that a man bed's and weds. And Who wants a chick who doesn't know what she is doing? And when she doesn't orgasm, whose fault is that? Its gona be yours. Sooner or later she will find out that there is a better way of doig things.

I never claimed to know everything, even a little of Asian culture, quite being so defensive of  your own insecurity. And just because her old family memebers have been married without cheating (how do you really know this were their throughout their whole marriage?), this is the 21st Century, you can't go by 20th or 19th century standards, nor can you go by other people's relationships. Both you and her must dictate what you want your  relationship to be. basically you just want some chick that has no experience and ignorant of your shortcomings, and assume that she will accept them or continue to do so. One cannot assume.

Your last two sentences speaks volumes. "We'll be together forever..." WTF type of fairytale bullshit on you on? Dude's who spew forth that mess, either are young, virgins, or pathetic small dicked lovers who can't please their women and believe in some Romance Novel fantasy that's written by fat middle aged women.

But you go on. While you are with her, I'll be with some curvy, big breasted, bubblebutt chick who knows how to cook, clean, and please her man...and balance her checkbook.    

dustin

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2010, 02:47:29 PM »
You are assuming that every woman that you meet is a whore, what is your standard? One dude, two dudes, three, what is the number to you? What was your experience? You are not happy getting laid, or were you the one who didn't fulfill the woman? Typically men who want VIRGINS ONLY, don't want a woman who has espeereince, because he knows that he cannot or has a challenge in pleasing women, which leads to frustration.
It's funny how you don't want a "disgusting whore" yet you are planning to make this chick your own personal one. Don't you find that a bit odd?  
Aww, some chick did hurt your feelings.  Everybody know you can't turn a ho into a housewife, that's elementary! It's been siad that there are women you wed and the women you bed, the key for today's woman is to be the one that a man bed's and weds. And Who wants a chick who doesn't know what she is doing? And when she doesn't orgasm, whose fault is that? Its gona be yours. Sooner or later she will find out that there is a better way of doig things.

I never claimed to know everything, even a little of Asian culture, quite being so defensive of  your own insecurity. And just because her old family memebers have been married without cheating (how do you really know this were their throughout their whole marriage?), this is the 21st Century, you can't go by 20th or 19th century standards, nor can you go by other people's relationships. Both you and her must dictate what you want your  relationship to be. basically you just want some chick that has no experience and ignorant of your shortcomings, and assume that she will accept them or continue to do so. One cannot assume.

Your last two sentences speaks volumes. "We'll be together forever..." WTF type of fairytale bullshit on you on? Dude's who spew forth that mess, either are young, virgins, or pathetic small dicked lovers who can't please their women and believe in some Romance Novel fantasy that's written by fat middle aged women.

But you go on. While you are with her, I'll be with some curvy, big breasted, bubblebutt chick who knows how to cook, clean, and please her man...and balance her checkbook.    

You're a fucking idiot. I'm not insecure, you attacked me! You can't tell me to not be defensive when you tell me that I'm not a man, that my woman is going to become a whore and fuck something better when it crosses her path, etc, etc. You must be real fucking retarded, Parker.

I'll do you a favor and answer your questions though, I'm not scared of a woman who's had sex before. At first I used to not like the idea but I matured. It's a fact of life that not every woman is a virgin. But there's a huge difference between fucking a few people and fucking a TON of people. Women (or men) who fuck a lot of people are disgusting. If they can't respect themselves enough to at least try to fuck the same person a little longer then why would anyone want to engage in a long term commitment? This isn't me being hoky poky and dreaming of a fairy tale princess marriage, it's just common sense. If someone can't trust themselves with something so elementary, why should you trust putting your dick into their body, having a joint bank account and bringing them into the lives of your family and other loved ones?? Riddle me that, fuckwad.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with striving for a long lasting commitment. That's what marriage is, but you're too fucking stupid to understand that. I wouldn't get engaged unless I was after anything but that. I never planned on getting married until I met this woman - she is a WOMAN, not a whore. That's very rare nowadays. There are some great women out there but you won't be attracted to them or they'll have some other huge problems. I'm lucky to have found a great woman that I admire and cherish. I'm actually extremely lucky. Also, none of us have any emotional baggage. She is a strong woman who rejected tons of little boys, as well as some very handsome and successful men. Her parents are their friends don't do arranged marriages, but they'll typically suggest a strong suitor. She isn't naive, Parker. Just like you scrutinized, my standards are very high and as are hers. In the past I was TOO picky but I've matured and maybe you will too.

I'm not sad that I won't fuck other women. I'll fantasize about it because I'm not jaded or some sort of liar, but I don't see the need to bang a skanky whore outside of my relationship. I'm content with my sex life and yes, I have one. And a good sized dick in case you care to fantasize about that later as well. Is there anything else you need to get owned over? Or are you resting up to go chase some disease infested pussy tonight at a dive?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
You're a fucking idiot. I'm not insecure, you attacked me! You can't tell me to not be defensive when you tell me that I'm not a man, that my woman is going to become a whore and fuck something better when it crosses her path, etc, etc. You must be real fucking retarded, Parker.

I'll do you a favor and answer your questions though, I'm not scared of a woman who's had sex before. At first I used to not like the idea but I matured. It's a fact of life that not every woman is a virgin. But there's a huge difference between fucking a few people and fucking a TON of people. Women (or men) who fuck a lot of people are disgusting. If they can't respect themselves enough to at least try to fuck the same person a little longer then why would anyone want to engage in a long term commitment? This isn't me being hoky poky and dreaming of a fairy tale princess marriage, it's just common sense. If someone can't trust themselves with something so elementary, why should you trust putting your dick into their body, having a joint bank account and bringing them into the lives of your family and other loved ones?? Riddle me that, fuckwad.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with striving for a long lasting commitment. That's what marriage is, but you're too fucking stupid to understand that. I wouldn't get engaged unless I was after anything but that. I never planned on getting married until I met this woman - she is a WOMAN, not a whore. That's very rare nowadays. There are some great women out there but you won't be attracted to them or they'll have some other huge problems. I'm lucky to have found a great woman that I admire and cherish. I'm actually extremely lucky. Also, none of us have any emotional baggage. She is a strong woman who rejected tons of little boys, as well as some very handsome and successful men. Her parents are their friends don't do arranged marriages, but they'll typically suggest a strong suitor. She isn't naive, Parker. Just like you scrutinized, my standards are very high and as are hers. In the past I was TOO picky but I've matured and maybe you will too.

I'm not sad that I won't fuck other women. I'll fantasize about it because I'm not jaded or some sort of liar, but I don't see the need to bang a skanky whore outside of my relationship. I'm content with my sex life and yes, I have one. And a good sized dick in case you care to fantasize about that later as well. Is there anything else you need to get owned over? Or are you resting up to go chase some disease infested pussy tonight at a dive?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2010, 03:10:12 PM »
If Modern western ideology of marriage is so adaptable how come the divorce rates are so high, and whilst Sharmas point of view could be a little crude there is no doubt that western values as a whole are diminishing. I'm not a Muslim and i don't believe their faith should restrain women as much as they do but I'm talking radicals, but for anyone to think that western  men are so adaptable and their new role is basically accommodating the new modern day woman,is ridiculous especially when the divorce statistics say otherwise.

dustin

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »
If Modern western ideology of marriage is so adaptable how come the divorce rates are so high, and whilst Sharmas point of view could be a little crude there is no doubt that western values as a whole are diminishing. I'm not a Muslim and i don't believe their faith should restrain women as much as they do but I'm talking radicals, but for anyone to think that western  men are so adaptable and their new role is basically accommodating the new modern day woman,is ridiculous especially when the divorce statistics say otherwise.

Bingo. That's what I wanted to say, minus my meltdown. BOOOM!!!!! :o

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »
we re in a period of transition and changes, and if sociologists and psychanalysts and psychologists know that, they dont know when it will end and how, or if it will end at all; some think it's going to keep on going without no end in sight, participiating in a global deliquessence of values and occidental societies well being, eventually leading to a complete new definition of relationships between men, women, fathers, mothers, sons daughters. It's the next big trouble ahead for our occidental societies, and basically for all societies which will reach oru level of development. Basically scientists have all the empirical data and studies that prove that kids and men become more and more immature, feel more and more useless as women become predominent but that there might be an oportunity to change the way men and women interact with each others benefiting to both of em.

To be honest with you "honest", you should read some books that precisely adress exactly your question. Seems like new stuff to you but these phenomenons and their best answers have already been studied and you just have to read some good books on that matter.

Preferably before you engage yourself into a relationship that will lead to the conception of a new human being.

arthur janov  "biology of love"
helen fisher -anthropologist- "Why we love"
willy pasini  
boris cyrulnik - resiliency

everything related to psychogenealogy is also mindblowing.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »

Damn, you got more issues than lil bit...You have some true anger, "whores" this, "skanks" that? What's the deal? You get all flustered and angered because you are insecured and I'm having you face it.    And no, your standards are not high. The only thing you list and harp about is her virginity. Why, and what makes her a WOMAN? Let me guess, she is a virtuous woman ::). After you deflowered her, will she not be your own personal "skank"? And let's take this further, suppose you get a divorce or die  in let's say 5 yrs. Would it be fair for the next man to declare her a whore or a skank because she had sex with you for 5 yrs?

But I know this, today's American woman cavalier attitude can be liken to them being a 2010 Mercedes Benz SL with 100,000 miles on the clock, yet they want to be thought of as a 2010 Mercedes Benz SL with a full warranty and no miles. Unfortunately they cannot have it that way, and some (many) do run into problems.

You in a sense have not matured, you have swayed or have gone from extremes, and it shows in your posts and wording. You have gone from the extreme of "whore" and "skank" to virgin. Maturation would tell you that there is a happy medium, moderation is the key---balance. Maturation would show you not to exhibit such anger towards women, but to accept that there are thing you can change and things you can't, and if you are getting laid by a pretty woman, all things are good. You are not trying to wife her. Nor who she was with before should concern you.  Now looking for a wife and a chick to hook up with are two diff things---Maturation should have taught you this as well. I stated what that was in the wed and bed in my post before.

io856

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
uberman09 has really impressed me with his posts in this thread!

Interracial relationships has often been shown in studies to be indicative of lower self esteem because you are not held to the same standards, expectations, culture etc etc

I often see the dweeby/nerdy looking/acting guys end up with Asian women

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2010, 03:29:58 PM »
uberman09 has really impressed me with his posts in this thread!

Interracial relationships has often been shown in studies to be indicative of lower self esteem because you are not held to the same standards, expectations, culture etc etc

I often see the dweeby/nerdy looking/acting guys end up with Asian women
am not here to impress am here to suggest you guys start hiting your fucking library shelves instead of vegetating in your ignorance. If nobody in your close entourage can answer your exsitencial questionings then fucking read some books it will save you years of useless nonsensical frustration and will improve greatly your self perception and the way you interract with a world you dont understand.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
why are you fucking losers posting such long paragraphs? get a life and stop writing such giant piles of waffle

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
why are you fucking losers posting such long paragraphs? get a life and stop writing such giant piles of waffle
Dayum, I haven't had a waffle in a while...thanks for the idea! Blueberry waffles, egg whites, and turkey sausage for breakfast tomorrow.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »
Damn, you got more issues than lil bit...You have some true anger, "whores" this, "skanks" that? What's the deal? You get all flustered and angered because you are insecured and I'm having you face it.    And no, your standards are not high. The only thing you list and harp about is her virginity. Why, and what makes her a WOMAN? Let me guess, she is a virtuous woman ::). After you deflowered her, will she not be your own personal "skank"? And let's take this further, suppose you get a divorce or die  in let's say 5 yrs. Would it be fair for the next man to declare her a whore or a skank because she had sex with you for 5 yrs?

But I know this, today's American woman cavalier attitude can be liken to them being a 2010 Mercedes Benz SL with 100,000 miles on the clock, yet they want to be thought of as a 2010 Mercedes Benz SL with a full warranty and no miles. Unfortunately they cannot have it that way, and some (many) do run into problems.
You in a sense have not matured, you have swayed or have gone from extremes, and it shows in your posts and wording. You have gone from the extreme of "whore" and "skank" to virgin. Maturation would tell you that there is a happy medium, moderation is the key---balance. Maturation would show you not to exhibit such anger towards women, but to accept that there are thing you can change and things you can't, and if you are getting laid by a pretty woman, all things are good. You are not trying to wife her. Nor who she was with before should concern you.  Now looking for a wife and a chick to hook up with are two diff things---Maturation should have taught you this as well. I stated what that was in the wed and bed in my post before.

Hahahahaha, that was funny analogy.

I'm working on a 22 year old latina who happens to play a lot soccer and loves keeping herself in shape, my kind of girl 8) She whups my ass when it comes to abs and leg training, lol.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:05 PM »
Ubber the trouble with you and a lot of other over academics is you read to many books, no offence intended, your opinion i value much the same as a politicians, you have a nice educated spin on everything you present, but the statistics of what your saying say otherwise.  No debate required.  :)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
I totally agree..good post!
Swede is to young and stupid to understand this now.
Groink is a 40+ year old "man" that defines his manhood by "banging fine hoes" (cheap silicone skanks)
Sharma is a muslim.

I am afraid your post will go right over their heads.

I hate fake titties

Parker summed it up..."There are women you wed and women you bed"  It's the guys with the wisdom to discern between the two pretty quickly, before emotions come into play, and ACCEPT it (it ain't easy)... that don't get fucked over.

Actually....they are fucking themselves over by trying to make a woman something she is not.

As far as I go....Yeah I'm single and doing my thing...but I would think anyone with a brain realizes I'm playing it up here for laughs, I'm not "banging bitches two at a time".

I date occasionally,it's nowhere near my no 1 priority, with adults of similar age, and yeah......sometimes we wind up in the sack as two consenting adults.....no one is being used or hurt.

If and when i find someone that strikes a chord in me...I'm done with it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »
one of the main reasons why divorce is so high is because people think it is instantaneous, and women think about just getting married and not the marriage itself. Also many men today are nothing more man-child, helped by the the baby-boomer parenting.
Part of he reason. It's kinda easy to figure out. Dustin's got some other issues to work out.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
one of the main reasons why divorce is so high is because people think it is instantaneous, and women think about just getting married and not the marriage itself. Also many men today are nothing more man-child, helped by the the baby-boomer parenting.
Part of he reason. It's kinda easy to figure out. Dustin's got some other issues to work out.

Dustin seems a little idealistic and insecure when it comes to women. He's afraid of a woman that may be more sexually experienced than him or has a healthy sexual appetite...so he calls them "whores".

But good for him if he found someone that makes him happy. Can't knock the guy for that

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »

But good for him if he found someone that makes him happy. Can't knock the guy for that
as long as he makes her happy in return... reciprocity...

DEPENDENCY
Dependency is the seeking of identity, support, security, or
permission from outside the self. The dependency object
may be another person; a social unit such as an extended
family or a religious or fraternal order; an entity beyond
the five senses such as a spirit guardian; or even a belief
system in itself, for example, nonviolence, to which the dependent
is devoted and from which the dependent receives
nurture in return.
By definition, dependency is reciprocal. The dependent
seeks, expecting and receiving a dependency response: To
give is to receive and to receive is to give. It is also obligatory:
Dependents are expected to seek and receive return
support. Failure to participate in this circle of obligation
may result in a range of responses from verbal disapproval
to ostracism.
Dependency differs from the related process of interdependence
in which separate entities reciprocally seek identity,
support, security, or permission from one another.
In “dependency societies,” such as Japan, the fledgling
ego is taught to defer inside a vertical authority system.
The ideal of conformity is intended to strengthen the individual’s
sense of self-respect. In “independence societies,”
such as modern mainstream America, the fledgling ego is
expected to move out of obligatory relationships in a horizontal
authority system, rather than to defer. The ideal of
self-focus is intended to strengthen the individual’s sense
of self-respect.
Key characteristics of dependency are bonding, obligation,
reciprocity, trust, continuity, and involvement. Every
culture or subculture defines “normal” dependency on the
basis of its own value system.
Whereas Western thought minimizes continuity between
the living and ancestors, dependency cultures tend
to consider discontinuity as threatening.
Even though there are cultural variations, there seem
also to be certain universals in dependency. Key characteristics
fall into three clusters.
The first cluster may be viewed as negative dependency,
which hinders psychosexual development, crippling the
ability to handle a variety of life situations. The second cluster
can be considered positive, enhancing the maturing process
by aiding individuals and groups to function in ways
that support their sense of well being. The third cluster relates
to an absence or termination of dependency relationships,
which may also cripple development.
It is useful to divide dependency theory into three culturetime
phases: (1) preliterate, tribal, and folk (beginning
to present), (2) modern colonial (1500–1945), and (3) postcolonial
(1945 to present).
Preliterate, Tribal, and Folk Studies
Early ethnological studies tended to view dependency as
structural networking based on tribal, village, folk, and extended
family patterns that were seen, on the whole, as positive.
They were thought to reflect security and other needs
in a life setting severely limited by a prescientific worldview
and technical development.
In such a society individuals define themselves or are
defined as they relate to others, rather than by how they fulfill
or express themselves. Success in these interactions is
considered the most important measure of mature selfexpression.
Modern Colonial
The interruption of traditional dependency patterns has
been a major and often underestimated effect of colonial
contact since the fifteenth century. As Mannoni has shown,
a major factor in the conquest of native peoples was their
own tendency to transfer dependency expectations from familiar
authority figures to European authority substitutes.
Aggressive European cultures exploited native dependency
while at the same time exporting values of independence,
individualism, and progress, which did as much to
weaken native resistance as the horses of Cortez or the
firearms of the British. With its emphasis on competition,
the Protestant work ethic dealt a heavy psychological blow
to traditional notions of reciprocity, obligation, and trust.
Under long-term colonization, the native personality is
thought to have been severely stressed by the need to reconcile
warring dependency-belief systems.
During this same period in the Western world, dependency
appears to have been systematically downgraded to neurotic
behavior. Sigmund Freud theorized that the helplessness
of the infant was the source of lifelong dependency bonds
against which the maturing ego must implacably struggle.
DEPENDENCY 271
Furthermore, Freud held that the psychological structures
and functions of societies paralleled those of individuals.
In modern thought—strongly influenced by Freudian
theory—individuals must struggle to break free from dependence
on groups as well as from a variety of others, beginning
with Mother. What had earlier been seen as reciprocity
came to be regarded as helplessness.
Postcolonial
In the Western world since about 1945, the belief has begun
to emerge that undue stress on independence, change, and
competition has contributed to massive alienation, anomie,
and even morbidity rates. One response has been a trend
toward the reinterpretation of dependency, as seen in a variety
of recent developments. Carl Rogers, through his work
on group dynamics, has encouraged a variety of lay and professional
approaches that stress dependency interaction.
More recently, “networking” has become a major drive
among persons who recognize their need to relate to other
individuals, especially in urban settings.
Another dependency development is affiliated families,
in which nonblood kin members of two or three generations
pool their needs and resources in a common dwelling or at
least in the same community.
J. GURIAN
See also: Affiliation Need; Alienation (Political); Bonding and
Attachment; Cross-cultural Psychology; Prosocial Behavior

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
as long as he makes her happy in return... reciprocity...

DEPENDENCY
Dependency is the seeking of identity, support, security, or
permission from outside the self. The dependency object
may be another person; a social unit such as an extended
family or a religious or fraternal order; an entity beyond
the five senses such as a spirit guardian; or even a belief
system in itself, for example, nonviolence, to which the dependent
is devoted and from which the dependent receives
nurture in return.
By definition, dependency is reciprocal. The dependent
seeks, expecting and receiving a dependency response: To
give is to receive and to receive is to give. It is also obligatory:
Dependents are expected to seek and receive return
support. Failure to participate in this circle of obligation
may result in a range of responses from verbal disapproval
to ostracism.
Dependency differs from the related process of interdependence
in which separate entities reciprocally seek identity,
support, security, or permission from one another.
In “dependency societies,” such as Japan, the fledgling
ego is taught to defer inside a vertical authority system.
The ideal of conformity is intended to strengthen the individual’s
sense of self-respect. In “independence societies,”
such as modern mainstream America, the fledgling ego is
expected to move out of obligatory relationships in a horizontal
authority system, rather than to defer. The ideal of
self-focus is intended to strengthen the individual’s sense
of self-respect.
Key characteristics of dependency are bonding, obligation,
reciprocity, trust, continuity, and involvement. Every
culture or subculture defines “normal” dependency on the
basis of its own value system.
Whereas Western thought minimizes continuity between
the living and ancestors, dependency cultures tend
to consider discontinuity as threatening.
Even though there are cultural variations, there seem
also to be certain universals in dependency. Key characteristics
fall into three clusters.
The first cluster may be viewed as negative dependency,
which hinders psychosexual development, crippling the
ability to handle a variety of life situations. The second cluster
can be considered positive, enhancing the maturing process
by aiding individuals and groups to function in ways
that support their sense of well being. The third cluster relates
to an absence or termination of dependency relationships,
which may also cripple development.
It is useful to divide dependency theory into three culturetime
phases: (1) preliterate, tribal, and folk (beginning
to present), (2) modern colonial (1500–1945), and (3) postcolonial
(1945 to present).
Preliterate, Tribal, and Folk Studies
Early ethnological studies tended to view dependency as
structural networking based on tribal, village, folk, and extended
family patterns that were seen, on the whole, as positive.
They were thought to reflect security and other needs
in a life setting severely limited by a prescientific worldview
and technical development.
In such a society individuals define themselves or are
defined as they relate to others, rather than by how they fulfill
or express themselves. Success in these interactions is
considered the most important measure of mature selfexpression.
Modern Colonial
The interruption of traditional dependency patterns has
been a major and often underestimated effect of colonial
contact since the fifteenth century. As Mannoni has shown,
a major factor in the conquest of native peoples was their
own tendency to transfer dependency expectations from familiar
authority figures to European authority substitutes.
Aggressive European cultures exploited native dependency
while at the same time exporting values of independence,
individualism, and progress, which did as much to
weaken native resistance as the horses of Cortez or the
firearms of the British. With its emphasis on competition,
the Protestant work ethic dealt a heavy psychological blow
to traditional notions of reciprocity, obligation, and trust.
Under long-term colonization, the native personality is
thought to have been severely stressed by the need to reconcile
warring dependency-belief systems.
During this same period in the Western world, dependency
appears to have been systematically downgraded to neurotic
behavior. Sigmund Freud theorized that the helplessness
of the infant was the source of lifelong dependency bonds
against which the maturing ego must implacably struggle.
DEPENDENCY 271
Furthermore, Freud held that the psychological structures
and functions of societies paralleled those of individuals.
In modern thought—strongly influenced by Freudian
theory—individuals must struggle to break free from dependence
on groups as well as from a variety of others, beginning
with Mother. What had earlier been seen as reciprocity
came to be regarded as helplessness.
Postcolonial
In the Western world since about 1945, the belief has begun
to emerge that undue stress on independence, change, and
competition has contributed to massive alienation, anomie,
and even morbidity rates. One response has been a trend
toward the reinterpretation of dependency, as seen in a variety
of recent developments. Carl Rogers, through his work
on group dynamics, has encouraged a variety of lay and professional
approaches that stress dependency interaction.
More recently, “networking” has become a major drive
among persons who recognize their need to relate to other
individuals, especially in urban settings.
Another dependency development is affiliated families,
in which nonblood kin members of two or three generations
pool their needs and resources in a common dwelling or at
least in the same community.
J. GURIAN
See also: Affiliation Need; Alienation (Political); Bonding and
Attachment; Cross-cultural Psychology; Prosocial Behavior

I'm not reading all of that.

As for Dustin keller....the girl is marrying him and has taken him into her home.....no one is twisting her arm.

You assume the negative way too much, not everyone is as miserable and cynical as you

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
Dustin seems a little idealistic and insecure when it comes to women. He's afraid of a woman that may be more sexually experienced than him or has a healthy sexual appetite...so he calls them "whores".

That's the point, his happiness is paramount.

"Bitch I said put your face in the pillow...ahhh, now turn around, I'm done."

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2010, 03:14:59 PM »

Click on picture to visit Glauce Ferreira

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

:o
That will keep Dorian in shape

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2010, 06:39:18 AM »

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2010, 08:13:46 AM »
Nude pictures or it's not happening. :)