Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Wiener: ObamaCare will pass when "Pigs fly out of ass" - Video  (Read 3233 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Are you referring to the HMO Act of 1973, Richard Nixon`s administration?

Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973

The Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 (Public Law 93-222), also known as the HMO Act of 1973, 42 U.S.C. § 300e, is a law passed by the Congress of the United States that resulted from discussions Paul Ellwood had with what is today the Department of Health and Human Services. It provided grants and loans to provide, start, or expand a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO); removed certain state restrictions for federally qualified HMOs; and required employers with 25 or more employees to offer federally certified HMO options alongside traditional indemnity insurance upon request (the "dual choice provision"). HMOs were required to meet three basic requirements. These were to offer a specified list of benefits to all members, charge all members the same monthly premium, and be structured as a nonprofit organization.

And who pushed it TA?  Do your damn homework Bro. 

His intials are TK and he was the main proponent.  Look it up. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
TA - who was the first to push HMO's ? ? 

Uh, Richard Nixon proposed the HMO Act. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Uh, Richard Nixon proposed the HMO Act. 

Look it up.  Teddy Kennedy was one of the main proponents of it in the Senate and was the one who pushed it through. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
No doubt that Teddy was involved with Richard Nixon`s plan, but you have to realize that Nixon proposed the plan and is credited with the idea.  Nixon I think did not suppose it would get out of hand as successive amendments were passed.

Whether you dislike Nixon or not, I do not know.  I think Richard Nixon was probably the last really intelligent Republican even if his policies were horrid.  The man was very intelligent unlike today`s Republican. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No doubt that Teddy was involved with Richard Nixon`s plan, but you have to realize that Nixon proposed the plan and is credited with the idea.  Nixon I think did not suppose it would get out of hand as successive amendments were passed.

Whether you dislike Nixon or not, I do not know.  I think Richard Nixon was probably the last really intelligent Republican even if his policies were horrid.  The man was very intelligent unlike today`s Republican. 

So the only reps you like are the ones you think can be impeached and run from office?  ;D  ;D  ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He was so intelligent that he got himself impeached. Something just doesn't compute there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
So the only reps you like are the ones you think can be impeached and run from office?  ;D  ;D  ;D
I admire Richard Nixon`s intellect and the presence he had.  Plus he had good taste in shoes.  I wear the same ones.  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
He was so intelligent that he got himself impeached. Something just doesn't compute there.
Uh, Richard Nixon was NEVER impeached.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Again, Richard Nixon was NEVER impeached.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Again, Richard Nixon was NEVER impeached.

Well, it go to bottom of the 9th two strikes and two outs and he resigned once the writing was on the wall and he was given the talk. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Uh, Richard Nixon was NEVER impeached.

Oh, so you think he saved face by resigning. Ok, he was never impeached. He still got caught.

If he was SMART he wouldn't have done what he did. If he was REALLY SMART, he never would have been caught.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Oh, so you think he saved face by resigning. Ok, he was never impeached. He still got caught.

If he was SMART he wouldn't have done what he did. If he was REALLY SMART, he never would have been caught.
He was paranoid. I think he subverted the Democratic process as a result of wanting to be "too informed".   He was always the smartest guy in the room and he always wanted to remain that way. He had such a gravity about him that you knew he was in control. The man was brilliant, you cannot deny that.  I like him and respect him..

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

You really are an idiot.  If you read any or have listened to the Nixon tapes you will find Nixon and most of his administration to be paranoid, insecure, conceited, power hungry people that didn't give a shit about Americans and considered anybody that spoke out against Nixon to be anti-American, and potential "security risks".  Especially during Vietnam.  Nixon was a joke through and through.  Not to mention a criminal with his little cronie Kissinger. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I like him and respect him..

I can't respect what he did. That's just me. My personal opinion. He was not smart at that particular moment in his life.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Who was the President in 1985 and what did Congress look like?

Who controlled the House of Representatives?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Who controlled the House of Representatives?
Who had the power of Veto?  Who had control over the Senate. 

You mean to tell me Reagan and his Senate were weak willed appeasers?  IS that what you are implying?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

You mean to tell me Reagan and his Senate were weak willed appeasers?  IS that what you are implying?

Poor TA.  I dont know what must be going through your mind today.  You were totally on board for the obamanation and now its over.  No HCR, no cap & trade, nothing. 

Obama decided to go to war against the the taxpayers along with Reid/Pelosi and now the backdraft is huge. 

Obama has only himself to blame.  What a moron he is.  Like I said, the man is a complete dunce who rests on parchment accomplishments with nothing to back it up.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Poor TA.  I dont know what must be going through your mind today.  You were totally on board for the obamanation and now its over.  No HCR, no cap & trade, nothing. 

Obama decided to go to war against the the taxpayers along with Reid/Pelosi and now the backdraft is huge. 

Obama has only himself to blame.  What a moron he is.  Like I said, the man is a complete dunce who rests on parchment accomplishments with nothing to back it up.   
I like Obama, I just hate who he is stuck with.  Obama cannot be blamed for Congress being pretty far right.  Obama has done very well in his first year.

Can you tell me anything any Republican has done this past year?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I like Obama, I just hate who he is stuck with.  Obama cannot be blamed for Congress being pretty far right.  Obama has done very well in his first year.

Can you blame him for Geithner, Summers, and the rest of the GS gang of criminals?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
I hope they amend this to include a public option and no mandate for private insurance. 
Abandon every hope...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

The Democrats had the majority in the House of Rep.

I am not excusing Reagan, but YOU are trying to act as if the Democrats had nothing to do with it. If the Democrats look out so much for the American people, then they should have done so at that time. They DIDN'T. The bill wouldn't have reached the President if the Democrats hadn't agreed to it.

Democrats are not any better than Republicans. If you believe that, then you are not as intelligent a you BELIEVE yourself to be.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I like Obama, I just hate who he is stuck with.  Obama cannot be blamed for Congress being pretty far right.  Obama has done very well in his first year.

Well, one will help save America from being taxed further into oblivion via this healthcare debacle.

Of course, certain liberals just can't grasp the fact that doing something STUPID isn't better than doing nothing at all. In many cases (including this one), it's actually worse.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Well, one will help save America from being taxed further into oblivion via this healthcare debacle.

Of course, certain liberals just can't grasp the fact that doing something STUPID isn't better than doing nothing at all. In many cases (including this one), it's actually worse.
True Liberals and Progressives do not like this bill at all.  Your beef is with right leaning Democrats my friend.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
True Liberals and Progressives do not like this bill at all.  Your beef is with right leaning Democrats my friend.

No, thats your beef since that is your party. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
No, thats your beef since that is your party. 
Your beef too since the true liberal and progressives do not support either bill.  The Conserva-Dems like Baucus don`t mind the bill at all.