Author Topic: John Edwards admits he's father of Rielle Hunter's child  (Read 2183 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: John Edwards admits he's father of Rielle Hunter's child
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
Some of you may like this:

Alexander Hamilton

Affair

In 1791, Hamilton became involved in an affair with Maria Reynolds that badly damaged his reputation. Reynolds' husband, James, blackmailed Hamilton for money, threatening to inform Hamilton's wife. When James Reynolds was arrested for counterfeiting, he contacted several prominent members of the Democratic-Republican Party, most notably James Monroe and Aaron Burr, touting that he could expose a top level official for corruption. When they interviewed Hamilton with their suspicions (presuming that James Reynolds could implicate Hamilton in an abuse of his position in Washington's Cabinet), Hamilton insisted he was innocent of any misconduct in public office and admitted to an affair with Maria Reynolds. Since this was not germane to Hamilton's conduct in office, Hamilton's interviewers did not publish about Reynolds. When rumors began spreading after his retirement, Hamilton published a confession of his affair, shocking his family and supporters by not merely confessing but also by narrating the affair in detail, thus injuring Hamilton's reputation for the rest of his life.

The difference is that with the info we have, we know these things now and they cant be hidden. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »
Calm down.  I was just joking.  But I wouldn`t hold it against you if you are lying about her being a model.  The point is, I don`t CARE who you are with or if you cheat on her as my vote is policy oriented and I don`t see how sexual intercourse will influence it in any way.

You said "leave their private lives alone".I asked why dont the stupid ass libs like spittles Mathews leave Palins family alone.Its typical lib crap.When one of your guys is attacked you say "leave their private lives alone" but if its a conservative its "well they are in public life".So,anyone can bash Palins kids but if I say Obama has two little pickininnys Im blasted as a racist and a guy thats attacking kids.Typical lib double talk.

By the way,anything Ive claimed on here about myself  has been proven time and time again.I dont lie about anything in my personal life.Thats why I post with my real name,so I dont become an internet icon making up facts.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
If someone is dishonest in their private life they usually have no problem being dishonest in their public life either. 

I don`t agree.  Nobody is honest and I don`t expect them to be.  All one needs to do is look at the facts and evidence of an issue and then figure out which candidate understands them and which does not.

Would I trust John Edwards to represent me in a Medical Malpractice case?  OF COURRRRRSE!!! Have you seen his 30,000 plus square foot house?  He also came from nothing and made every dime himself.  I would trust him 100 percent to win my case.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
You said "leave their private lives alone".I asked why dont the stupid ass libs like spittles Mathews leave Palins family alone.Its typical lib crap.When one of your guys is attacked you say "leave their private lives alone" but if its a conservative its "well they are in public life".So,anyone can bash Palins kids but if I say Obama has two little pickininnys Im blasted as a racist and a guy thats attacking kids.Typical lib double talk.

By the way,anything Ive claimed on here about myself  has been proven time and time again.I dont lie about anything in my personal life.Thats why I post with my real name,so I dont become an internet icon making up facts.

That's why people respect you Billy, even if they dont agree with a damn thing you say.  You lay it on the line.

I still dont see how anyone cant see what a mess was avoided by Edwards thankfully losing in the primary.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »
I don`t agree.  Nobody is honest and I don`t expect them to be.  All one needs to do is look at the facts and evidence of an issue and then figure out which candidate understands them and which does not.

Would I trust John Edwards to represent me in a Medical Malpractice case?  OF COURRRRRSE!!! Have you seen his 30,000 plus square foot house?  He also came from nothing and made every dime himself.  I would trust him 100 percent to win my case.

You mean lie to the jury based upon bogus expert testimony?  That is what you respect?  Someone who the end justifies the mean even if it puts doctors out business?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 08:53:40 AM »
The difference is that with the info we have, we know these things now and they cant be hidden. 

Things in the past also could not always be hidden.

Also, Things are STILL hidden all the time.  One could easily argue Its even easier now since you can delete emails, records.  Back then you could just kill or starve a family into submission.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »
You mean lie to the jury based upon bogus expert testimony?  That is what you respect?  Someone who the end justifies the mean even if it puts doctors out business?
Lets say Doctor A performs heart Surgery on you and leaves you crippled for life.

then

You go to Doctor B and he gathers all the medical evidence and says Doctor A did not use the right charts to diagnose you, performed the wrong operation and slapped you with medical bills and a life you didn`t have to have.

You wouldn`t trust John Edwards to handle your case and win because he had sex with some other woman?   ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFLMAOOOO OO

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
Sounds like a great guy right TA? Stealing diapers to lie on a paternity test?  you dont think he did the same thing in court?  No of course you dont, no different that you dont think your beloved scientists cooked the books with the alleged global warming, now referred to as climate change.

________________________ ________________________ ____________________

John Edwards Admits He Fathered Rielle Hunter's Child
Exclusive: Former Aide Says Edwards Had Him Steal Diaper to Secretly Check His Paternity
By LEE FERRAN, BRIAN ROSS, NADINE SHUBAILAT and CHRIS FRANCESCANI
Jan. 21, 2010 —

Former presidential candidate John Edwards abandoned his long denial that he had fathered a child during an affair with a campaign aide and admitted today that he is the father of the almost 2-year-old girl.

"I am Quinn's father," Edwards said in the bombshell statement this morning. "I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves."

The former senator and presidential hopeful had an affair with campaign cinematographer Rielle Hunter, 45, and she later give birth to Frances Quinn.

The admission comes a week before an interview with the man who had claimed he was the baby's father, former aide Andrew Young, was scheduled to appear on ABC News' "20/20" in an exclusive interview.

In an excerpt from his upcoming interview with ABC News's Bob Woodruff, Young alleges that Edwards asked him to arrange a fake a paternity test.

"Get a doctor to fake the DNA results," Young said Edwards told him. "And he asked me ... to steal a diaper from the baby so he could secretly do a DNA test to find out if this [was] indeed his child."

Young recently wrote a book about the affair called "The Politician" that has yet to be released.

Tune in to ABC News' "20/20" and "Nightline" Friday Jan. 29 to see Young's groundbreaking interview. Then tune in to "Good Morning America" on the following Tuesday, Feb. 1, when Young will appear for his first live interview.

In the statement today, Edwards said it was "wrong" that he denied he was the girl's father.

"I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace," Edwards' statement said, referring to the little girl. "It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me."

"To all those I have disappointed and hurt, these words will never be enough, but I am truly sorry," he said.

Edwards' lawyer, Harrison Hickman, bluntly told NBC today, "He lied."

Hickman said that Edwards has been visiting Quinn and paying child support for about a year. Edwards' wife, Elizabeth, learned last summer that Quinn was her husband's child.

"He's not doing this as a way to try to bring attention to himself," Hickman said. "He's doing this as a way... to begin to put this behind, not just him, but everybody else who's been affected by this."

In August 2008 Edwards admitted to the affair with Hunter but denied fathering the child in an exclusive "Nightline" interview with Bob Woodruff (WATCH THE INTERVIEW). Edwards said he repeatedly lied about the extramarital affair with Hunter, a 42-year old campaign employee, but strenuously denied he was involved in paying the woman hush money or fathering her newborn child.

Edwards categorically declared it was "not possible" that the baby was his.

"I know that it's not possible that this child could be mine because of the timing of events, so I know it's not possible," Edwards said. "[I'm] happy to take a paternity test, and would love to see it happen.

Click here to see a timeline of major events in scandal involving John Edwards.

"Two years ago, I made a very serious mistake, a mistake that I am responsible for and no one else," Edwards said in the interview. "In 2006, I told Elizabeth about the mistake, asked her for her forgiveness, asked God for his forgiveness. And we have kept this within our family since that time."

Edwards, 56, said he told his entire family about the affair after it ended in 2006, and that his wife, Elizabeth, who has incurable breast cancer, was "furious" but that their marriage would survive. The couple have three children, Cate, 27; Emma, 11; and Jack, 9.

Months after the confession, Elizabeth Edwards wrote a book, "Resilience," in which she discussed her husband's affair. While promoting the book on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in May, she said no paternity test had yet taken place.

But in the summer of 2009, the National Enquirer published reports that Edwards had taken a paternity test, and the results confirmed he was the father.

Hunter gave birth to daughter Frances Quinn in February 2008, a month after Edwards ended his bid for the presidency. She listed no name for the father on the birth certificate, which created further speculation about who it might be.

Andrew Young, a close political aide to Edwards, originally claimed he was the father of Hunter's daughter, not Edwards. But Young -- who has two children with his wife, Cheri -- has since retracted that story and was expected to reveal more about the affair in the exclusive "20/20" interview Friday Jan. 29.

Soon after she was told of the affair, Elizabeth Edwards posted a message on her blog, saying that she and her children will stand by Edwards.

"Our family has been through a lot. Some caused by nature, some caused by human weakness, and some -- most recently -- caused by the desire for sensationalism and profit without any regard for the human consequences," she wrote on her blog. "None of these has been easy.  But we have stood with one another through them all.  Although John believes he should stand alone and take the consequences of his action now, when the door closes behind him, he has his family waiting for him."   

She too, denied in the blog post that Hunter's child was fathered by her husband.

Edwards told ABC News in 2008 that he'd met secretly with former lover Rielle Hunter as recently as last month in a California hotel room at her request because "she was having some trouble, she just wanted to talk."

"I wanted her not to tell the public what had happened," he said at another point. "Very simple. That's the reason I went."

Edwards contacted ABC News about the August 2008 interview and requested that he be interviewed about the allegations. He agreed before the interview to place no limitations on the questions he would be asked, but he limited the amount of time he would be questioned. He declined to clarify exactly when the relationship began or ended but said it was over before he announced his campaign for the presidency Dec. 28, 2006.

"I think my family is entitled to every detail," Edwards said then. "They've been told every detail. & I think beyond the basics & I think that's where it stops in terms of the public because I think everything else is within my family and those privacy boundaries out to be respected."

A series of dramatic allegations revolving around the affair was reported by the supermarket tabloid National Enquirer. The most serious of those allegations was that Hunter had been receiving hush money through the Edwards campaign in order to keep her quiet.

In the 2008 interview, Edwards denied knowing anything about any support being provided to Hunter or to Young, who claimed the child.

If any such support was being provided, Edwards insisted, "I had nothing to do with any money being paid, and no knowledge of any money being paid, and if something was paid, it wasn't being paid on my behalf."

Edwards' 2008 national finance chairman Fred Baron said then that he had provided "assistance" to Hunter and others without Edwards' knowledge.

In a statement emailed to ABC News, Baron said that he "decided independently to help two friends and former colleagues rebuild their lives when harassment by supermarket tabloids made it impossible for them to move forward on their own."   "I did this of my own volition without the instruction or suggestion of anyone, and made a conscious decision not to tell anyone, including John Edwards, that assistance was provided.  The assistance was offered and accepted without condition.  This is now and shall always remain a private matter between these individuals and me."

Edwards said he could not be the father based on the timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008.

A grainy photo that appears to show Edwards holding a child was published in 2008 in the National Enquirer, which claimed that the baby was Rielle Hunter's child Frances Quinn. Edwards said he couldn't make "sense" of the photo.

"I don't know if that picture is me," Edwards said in the ABC News interview. "It could well be. It looks like me. I don't know who that baby is. I have no idea what that picture is."

Pressed to clarify whether the child in the picture was Hunter's child, Edwards suggested that the tabloid may have digitally altered the picture, but also noted the frequency with which politicians hold babies. "Do you know how many pictures have been taken of me holding children in the last three years? I mean it happens all the time."

Edwards blamed the affair on the adulation surrounding his remarkable rise into presidential politics.

"I went from being a senator, a young senator to being considered for vice president, running for president, being a vice presidential candidate and becoming a national public figure. All of which fed a self-focus, an egotism, a narcissism that leads you to believe that you can do whatever you want. You're invincible. And there will be no consequences."

Copyright © 2010 ABC News Internet Ventures

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »

When did Matthews go after Palin`s family?  Can you give me a clip?

I don`t care that Palin has retarded babies and a mute husband and a slew of other useless offspring.  I do care about her positions on issues (which suck) and her intellect (which is rather poor) and her ability to lead (she can`t, she just quits).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
When did Matthews go after Palin`s family?  Can you give me a clip?

I don`t care that Palin has retarded babies and a mute husband and a slew of other useless offspring.  I do care about her positions on issues (which suck) and her intellect (which is rather poor) and her ability to lead (she can`t, she just quits).

Unreal, you seriously are deluded and out of touch. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »
Unreal, you seriously are deluded and out of touch. 
Why, because I think Palin is a moron as does the MAJORITY of Republicans?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »
Oh no you are VERY wrong.  Alexander Hamilton was publicly berated when Thomas Jefferson let it be known in the papers that Hamilton fathered a child and had affairs with black women.

Aaron Burr challenged Alexander Hamilton to a DUEL and killed Hamilton over Hamilton floating to the media and to colleagues that Burr may have had a love affair with his daughter.

Andrew Jackson publicly challenged the sitting Tennessee governor to a duel when he made fun of his wife.  Jackson would go on to challenge others in the press, including one whom he killed over a horse race gone wrong.

The media used to eat this stuff up and the price could be death...

dude you are talking about 200 years ago bro..
footloose and fancy free

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
dude you are talking about 200 years ago bro..
Right.  The media was much worse than it is now.  Papers were partisan and politician controlled and would print pure slander and distribute it as fact.  Sometimes, they would even report the death of the other candidate because it would be weeks before the truth would ever be found out.  It was pretty rough. lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
Right.  The media was much worse than it is now.  Papers were partisan and politician controlled and would print pure slander and distribute it as fact.  Sometimes, they would even report the death of the other candidate because it would be weeks before the truth would ever be found out.  It was pretty rough. lol

We did not have 24/7 Cable, email, text, photos, twitter, facebook, gmail, etc. 

You simply cant get away with stuff anymore at that level.  Just look at Tiger, Clinton, Kobe, etc.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »
We did not have 24/7 Cable, email, text, photos, twitter, facebook, gmail, etc. 

You simply cant get away with stuff anymore at that level.  Just look at Tiger, Clinton, Kobe, etc.
More get away with it than get caught.  I am sure you have friends that are getting away with it as we speak or have had friends of that nature.  Come on,  don`t act holier than thou.  Perhaps you have been cheated on or have done the cheating even.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
More get away with it than get caught.  I am sure you have friends that are getting away with it as we speak or have had friends of that nature.  Come on,  don`t act holier than thou.  Perhaps you have been cheated on or have done the cheating even.

I am not seeking to have the most important job in the world. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »
I am not seeking to have the most important job in the world. 
Why do you care what hole the Presidential cock goes in?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »
Why do you care what hole the Presidential cock goes in?

Because it can be used as blackmail or worse, and the Godfather analogy perfectly illustrates that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
Because it can be used as blackmail or worse, and the Godfather analogy perfectly illustrates that.

How can someone be blackmailed after they admit it?  Please explain.  Why use a fictitious Hollywood scenario?  Why stop at the Godfather?  Why not use the Goodfellas scenario, The Star Wars Scenario, The Rambo Scenario?

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »
The issue is more than just sexual. There are questions about how campaign money was appropriated. In light of this this Edwards scumbag should not be a public servant - end of story.

TA you're an idiot for defending this asshole. And you are delusional.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
The issue is more than just sexual. There are questions about how campaign money was appropriated. In light if this Edwards scumbag should not be a public servant - end of story.

TA you're an idiot for defending this asshole. And you are delusional.

Would I engage in his behavior. No.

Do I give a shit if he does. No.

I don`t give a shit either what he used campaign money for just as I don`t give a shit what Republican John Ensign used the funds for.

The flaw is the way campaigns are financed.  I personally think there should be an equal baseline amount, no more and no less with equal air time and publicly funded.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »

i'm figuring if dueling existed now like it did then...these congressman would be offing each other daily--that doesn't sound like a bad idea.
footloose and fancy free

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:55 AM »
Would I engage in his behavior. No.

Do I give a shit if he does. No.

I don`t give a shit either what he used campaign money for just as I don`t give a shit what Republican John Ensign used the funds for.

The flaw is the way campaigns are financed.  I personally think there should be an equal baseline amount, no more and no less with equal air time and publicly funded.

Completely ignoring the topic.  The issue is that private conduct is a public matter when you are running for public office and have such important issues and matters at hand.  To deny the obvious is just college nonsense on your part. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »

i'm figuring if dueling existed now like it did then...these congressman would be offing each other daily--that doesn't sound like a bad idea.
It would provide great entertainment thats for sure.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
Completely ignoring the topic.  The issue is that private conduct is a public matter when you are running for public office and have such important issues and matters at hand.  To deny the obvious is just college nonsense on your part. 
To some it matters.  To me it does not.  I don`t plan on having a sexual relationship with the President nor do I see them in that way so I don`t really care who they have sex with or don`t have sex with.