Author Topic: Good enough to compete?  (Read 15745 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: Good enough to compete?
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »
Probably 18% BF.

Get down to a TRUE 5% BF( and full) Which I don't think you will acomplish either..
 and you will weigh 175 or so and will dissapear in the crowd in a novice class on stage.

Dude, it's not about weight on stage. If you got some muscle, and come in shredded more than your competitors, 9 out of 10 times you'll take your class in a novice show. I've seen 5'10 " 175ers on stage winning overalls. Strange but true

io856

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 10:49:16 PM »
Probably 18% BF.

Get down to a TRUE 5% BF( and full) Which I don't think you will acomplish either..
 and you will weigh 175 or so and will dissapear in the crowd in a novice class on stage.

I say go ahead and compete and prove us all wrong.
::)

and who the fuck are you?

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
there's potential...i think these guys are being a little to "encouraging" though.  You have a lot of weight to lose in order to get close to being lean, so you can expect some muscle loss along the way.  Also, if its your first time dieting down for a show, then also expect to make some mistakes along the way.  

To really judge how you look and how you would fair, you should post some mandatory poses for evaluation.  
Also, as one person here said, its hard to tell what you got until you actually "get" lean.  

I think you should try dieting down, and then depending on how you look, evaluate whether you should enter a show or not.  

He's not that bulky, maybe 15% -- average off season. And he can get a trainer to avoid any typical rookie mistakes preparing for a contest. The dude has potential from what I see in that pic. Wide shoulders, a lil sweep in the quad, decent arms and good chest shape. Good symmetry it appears also and he actually has an ideal structure judging from that pic

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »
what do you think, any potential? if i got ripped that is.

you look overall good here but why havent you posted a clear pic. to hear more detailed/accurate comments?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2010, 11:04:29 PM »
i have been thinking lately that id like to do the excalibur for my first show. maybe next year.

The Excalibur is the last National qualifier of the year, that being said it's the biggest and most competitive, people come from all parts of the country to do because IT IS the last qualifier of the year.

For your first show, set your sights a little lower. If you want to compete around that time, try the Boarder States. It's a good first show. I'm thinking myself of doing the Excalibur again this year......if my wife and son and clients will let me ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
The Excalibur is the last National qualifier of the year, that being said it's the biggest and most competitive, people come from all parts of the country to do because IT IS the last qualifier of the year.

For your first show, set your sights a little lower. If you want to compete around that time, try the Boarder States. It's a good first show. I'm thinking myself of doing the Excalibur again this year......if my wife and son and clients will let me ;D

You said you were done Coach .

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »

A lot of guys from this years Excalibur sucked ass. Looked like a level one canada show in some ways   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
A lot of guys from this years Excalibur sucked ass. Looked like a level one canada show in some ways   :D

Yeah, I saw the pics.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
Yeah, I saw the pics.

So many guys came in looking like they were still 6 weeks out or just starting working out

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »

You said you were done Coach .

Every once in a while I get the bug. My training has been going real well and BF is down, no injuries, training heavy and good from strongman training. After doing this for for over 30 years, it's hard to stay away.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2010, 11:18:26 PM »
when you are a higher percentage of bodyfat you dont look impressive in pics alone...... yet skinny twinks will look big using there myspace angles

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
Need better pics if u want any serious input bro. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
As much as I like to rag on you... props dude, not bad..

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »
i agree with coach, i wouldnt do the excalibur as a first show.......

you're from norcal if u want to do a fall/winter show, do the san francisco or sacramento show.

i wouldnt travel down to LA to do your first show............but thats just me.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »
looking good tbombz..

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »
He has turned into a man with muscles.
No doubt about it...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2010, 01:03:12 AM »
Good width,good size,and good proportions bro.

I`d definately jump on a diet and see what I could do if I were you Taylor.

After competing,and being lean,you`ll have a better idea on what your weak points are and why not get a trophy for all your hard work as competing is your goal anyway.

I`d also skip the Excalibur.......good advice given,too big for a first contest.

You`re only 20,what the hell are you waiting for bro?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:19 AM »
Good size considering you're 20 but you're all drugs at this point.  Your legs are the only thing that really stands out which is good cause most guys have shit legs.  You've already got weak pecs and I bet your back isn't much better.  You'll lose a lot of your upper body size when you diet because although you're big up top it's mostly water and fat.  This is evident in your pecs and traps.  You can tell a lot about the true amount of muscle on a guy by his traps.  And it's not your fault............muscle. ...........drugs or not.......comes with years and years of hard training and good nutrition.  You've got a good base but if you REALLY are 230 most of it is just "weight" and not muscle.  I suggest you lay off the drugs a little and dial in your muscle growth.   

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »
Great improvements since the pic with the Moped Tbombz!
Q

LWGA

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2010, 01:41:33 AM »
Good size considering you're 20 but you're all drugs at this point.  Your legs are the only thing that really stands out which is good cause most guys have shit legs.  You've already got weak pecs and I bet your back isn't much better.  You'll lose a lot of your upper body size when you diet because although you're big up top it's mostly water and fat.  This is evident in your pecs and traps.  You can tell a lot about the true amount of muscle on a guy by his traps.  And it's not your fault............muscle. ...........drugs or not.......comes with years and years of hard training and good nutrition.  You've got a good base but if you REALLY are 230 most of it is just "weight" and not muscle.  I suggest you lay off the drugs a little and dial in your muscle growth.   

Lots of potential...especially for 20, but the quote above is really sound advice.   Good luck!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2010, 02:22:25 AM »
Dude, if you dieted down right now you could compete at about 175-180lbs. keeping some quality muscle too.

I think he will be higher than 180lbs, from 230 that he is now to 180 is 50 pounds. Does he seem to carry 50 pounds of fat and water? no.

i say mid 190's..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2010, 04:15:12 AM »
Good width,good size,and good proportions bro.

I`d definately jump on a diet and see what I could do if I were you Taylor.

After competing,and being lean,you`ll have a better idea on what your weak points are and why not get a trophy for all your hard work as competing is your goal anyway.

I`d also skip the Excalibur.......good advice given,too big for a first contest.

You`re only 20,what the hell are you waiting for bro?
Yes go for it T, you got Goodrum beat hands down.

spinnis

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2010, 04:19:53 AM »
why not take photos so we can Actually judge though?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57:42 AM »
You look great - give it some time...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2010, 08:47:08 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it, both the compliments and the criticism.