Author Topic: Most revolutionary tag teams of all time!!!  (Read 12087 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Most revolutionary tag teams of all time!!!
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 04:51:45 AM »
The reason why was because the Road Warriors were so over that no one was buying into them. They were second rate and Vince knew it. Once he got the Road Warriors he disbanded the POP and made them singles wrestlers because there was no need for them to be around. Just another reason why the Road Warriors are the greatest ever.
I agree with you indielad. To this day I think Vince brought the Powers of Pain in just to really put Demolition over. It worked. I really enjoyed the original Demolition tag team of Ax & Smash in the then WWF. But the Road Warriors are tops when it comes to tag teams. Their fan bas was HUGE.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »
None of us will ever see another tag team like the RW's.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
I agree with you indielad. To this day I think Vince brought the Powers of Pain in just to really put Demolition over. It worked. I really enjoyed the original Demolition tag team of Ax & Smash in the then WWF. But the Road Warriors are tops when it comes to tag teams. Their fan bas was HUGE.

The POP were feuding with the RW's in the NWA before they came to the WWF. They were released by the NWA because they were suppose to face and lose to the Road Warrior's in a series of scaffold matches. After that Vince picked them up and they feuded with Demolition. And I agree with you Playboy because the POP never won the tag team titles, they just put Demolition more over. To ensure Vince's quest to get the RW's. You have to remember that Vince was trying to get the RW's since the early 80's and he didn't achieve this until the early 90's. The Warriors always knew their worth (due to Paul Ellering's knowledge and leadership) and they made millions going all over the world and cementing their legacy and dominating all of wrestling.

Another reason why Paul Ellering is one of the top 10 mangers of all time!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »
The POP were feuding with the RW's in the NWA before they came to the WWF. They were released by the NWA because they were suppose to face and lose to the Road Warrior's in a series of scaffold matches. After that Vince picked them up and they feuded with Demolition. And I agree with you Playboy because the POP never won the tag team titles, they just put Demolition more over. To ensure Vince's quest to get the RW's. You have to remember that Vince was trying to get the RW's since the early 80's and he didn't achieve this until the early 90's. The Warriors always knew their worth (due to Paul Ellering's knowledge and leadership) and they made millions going all over the world and cementing their legacy and dominating all of wrestling.

Another reason why Paul Ellering is one of the top 10 mangers of all time!!!
Bullseye. I've been saying it since this forum started. WWE is NOT the only place to make money in wrestling. There are lots of places in the world to wrestle. And guys like the RW can comman an easy 10,000 dollar appearence on any indy circuit.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
Paul Ellering knew the Road Warriors were gold and even Vince couldn't use his money/power to get them. The Road Warriors are also the blueprint for good business in the wrestling world. Not many wrestlers had someone like Ellering around to lead them which is why so many fall into the WWF ashtray or wrestling obscurity. Ellering is the heart and soul of the Legion of Doom and either Hawk or Animal would tell you the same.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 05:16:29 AM »
Paul Ellering knew the Road Warriors were gold and even Vince couldn't use his money/power to get them. The Road Warriors are also the blueprint for good business in the wrestling world. Not many wrestlers had someone like Ellering around to lead them which is why so many fall into the WWF ashtray or wrestling obscurity. Ellering is the heart and soul of the Legion of Doom and either Hawk or Animal would tell you the same.
They actually praise Ellering and confirm exactly what you said on the Road Warriors dvd.