Author Topic: Do you expect "nutrition", "fitness", "PT" experts to actually look the role?  (Read 1019 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
It seems to be that these days most experts in fitness, health, muscle building, nutrition, steroids etc... don't look like they ever worked out a day in their lives.  Most seem like someone that went to some community college to get a degree in health and nutrition and then feel like they are experts.
I see infomercials every morning for about a dozen different workout programs and the trainers look like little twinks that only spend time doing crunches and nothing else.  Take Will Brink for example.

Do you trust any expert that doesn't actually look the role?  Would you take steroid advice from a 300 pound 4%BF bodybuilder or a 180 pound scientist?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Well look at this "poser".  He bullshits his way into the anus's of suckers with his fake credentials and last place physique.
No Worries 4 me

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
It is hard to take someone seriously if they look like shit themselves.  The only way I would ever trust someone that looks worse than me is if they can show me previous clients before and after shots that are impressive and leave the clients looking the way I would want to look.

Not many PT can provide that because they are mostly fat lazy assholes who think they know all from their 2 week internet course.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
yeah but advise from a 300 pound bber doesnt say anything either,. all they do is pumping roids ,eating tons of food and do a little training.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
yeah but advise from a 300 pound bber doesnt say anything either,. all they do is pumping roids ,eating tons of food and do a little training.

That's the thing.  They figured out what worked best for them which isn't the case for the rest of the population.

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

That's why I would like to see a resume with before and afters of successful client.  Good point though.

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
That's why I would like to see a resume with before and afters of successful clients.  Good point though.

Forgot the "s" don't want anyone to think I'm asian

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I would only take advice from guys like Tim Westcocks. If he wasn't available Jonahay Failcan would do. These guys live what they preach.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Some people are highly qualified and educated, but don't look the part.

Others are highly educated and qualified and do look the part.

Who do you think is going to get more business based on advertising with a personal photo?

If you are being prescribed a certified nutritionist by a physician, they don't really have to look the part (although you might prefer it)-but they may give you quite an education.

If someone is selling their business by way of advertising with photos or being visible in a gym, I would think it much less hypocritic to look the part... "practice what you preach"

Some fat-ass trainers will say something like "wait till you get to know me and see what I know"- but by that time, their potential client would have already hired the one that "looked the part" (in most cases)

To me? Its all about the Benjamins.

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I can't help but laugh out loud at some of the new trainers Golds is bringing in lately.  First one is 5'4", all of 85lbs, with a hunched over posture and no discernable muscle.  The other is 5'7", about 240lbs, with no discernable muscle and a huge gut and man boobs.  The only thing these kids look like they should be giving advice on is video games and how to not get laid.  Why would you choose a job field in which you have to know you will get ridiculed?  Still, the 350lb resolutioners listen to them, and stop coming after 2 sessions. I guess I should thank them for helping to drive out the uncommitted.

The other thing about trainers.  They always have their clients doing bizarre movements, almost always with some kind of balance ball, or using machines not as intended (e.g. doing 1 leg push downs on the assisted pull up machine :P )  Their trainees never progress, even the ones there 5 days a week for years.  Do they insist on showing these ridiculous exercises so they look like they know something no one else does?  How can someone pay a trainer for such a long period when they see other people progressing using only the basics?