Author Topic: Lucid Delusion.....23,000+ hits  (Read 37840 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Lucid Delusion.....20,500+ hits
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »

I mean he's in a band...

This is debatable.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
This is debatable.

ahhahaahhha
it took me a second to put that together

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »

needmoresize

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »
It is impossible to comment on this without sounding like a dick. Oh well, this is by far the worst shit I have ever heard. On the bright side, its hilarious

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
Gave Lucid Delusion an honest, unbiased listen. I checked out all four of the songs on their myspace page.

There is not an iota of doubt in my mind that they suck. Captain Equipoise's post was spot on.

Here's an up and coming NYC band, that I think is outstanding:

The London Souls

http://vimeo.com/9186866

I really don't think the music is too bad.  It is a dated 80's sound and the mixing gives head but the singer sucks. He makes the whole band sound bad...REALLY bad.   I mean come on.  Anyone that listens to music would know that.  If any of you getbig musicians need some vocals send me the song so I can give it a go.  no bullshit here. I also play guitar but only rhythm.  Maybe we can get signed with the same company as Lucid Delusion....lol.  Influences are Sebastian Bach, Robert Plant (led zep years)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
Most violent and funny thread  backfire of the year 2010 so far.

needmoresize

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »
hahaha I'm going back for more

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
This thread reminds me of the episode of The Sopranos in which Christopher buys a rock club and makes Arianna the manager and booker.

Arianna thinks one the bands she booked is great. She expresses these feelings to Christopher who sets the band up with a producer.

After some time in the studio with the band, the producer quits, citing the bands' lack of good songs.

Unfazed, Arianna tells Christopher that they should get another producer.

A fed up Christopher finally says, "You know,  it's possible these guys suck."

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
ok
I just listened to that one song "Change"
Understand, I  am not trying to "fit in" with the boys here, or any of that. But taht was the bottom line shittiest attempt at being a band that I have ever been witness to.  Did anyone actually listen to the lyrics of that song?  Are they 14 year old highschool students that have to rhyme random words for passing grades?  And that lead singer,...what in the name of Mars were they thinking letting him sing? He's fuking brutal, I thought someone was playing a joke with that voice til I realized it was serious.

This band will go nowhere. They suck. That is a fact, accept it and move on. Well at least the singer sucks, I dont know dick about instruments so I cant comment on that.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Lucid Delusion.....20,000+ hits
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 11:32:22 PM »
un-gaying this thread

this is an epic post--so much respect for you for posting Tool

Jade, this is a band

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
This thread reminds me of the episode of The Sopranos in which Christopher buys a rock club and makes Arianna the manager and booker.

Arianna thinks one the bands she booked is great. She expresses these feelings to Christopher who sets the band up with a producer.

After some time in the studio with the band, the producer quits, citing the bands' lack of good songs.

Unfazed, Arianna tells Christopher that they should get another producer.

A fed up Christopher finally says, "You know,  it's possible these guys suck."

lol.."Shoot the crank"   "Spike up and get this shit done already"

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 01:30:31 AM »
I'm surprised she hasn't pulled her famous "You're dick is small" comeback card yet!

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:19 AM »
This band does not sounds good at all....the singer is crap.....really bad....and the rythm section is dead...gimme some boggie...make a statement with the drumming.....props to them for trying, but they're so not going anywhere....

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »
Just wondering, what is your definition of white trash?  I classify me/us to be a middle class couple that simply works hard, plays hard and he just happens to be pursuing his dream.  WTF? :)

if you have ever used the term "Hell Yeah" while wearing a pair of cut off Jeans shorts and have listened to a Country song, then you are White Trash

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 08:05:28 AM »
Not impressed: change starts as a poorly executed metallica rip-off, and the timing is off as well. Regardless of song-writing, this band's members will definately need to get in tune with each other more.

Helena

• Getbig II
  • Hand Basket
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
ok
I just listened to that one song "Change"
Understand, I  am not trying to "fit in" with the boys here, or any of that. But taht was the bottom line shittiest attempt at being a band that I have ever been witness to.  Did anyone actually listen to the lyrics of that song?  Are they 14 year old highschool students that have to rhyme random words for passing grades?  And that lead singer,...what in the name of Mars were they thinking letting him sing? He's fuking brutal, I thought someone was playing a joke with that voice til I realized it was serious.

This band will go nowhere. They suck. That is a fact, accept it and move on. Well at least the singer sucks, I dont know dick about instruments so I cant comment on that.

spot on
add the guy is 50
add Jade is still hoping for kids someday
proud the grown son is "living with us"

it's all a delusion

not one bit lucid

::)
GB

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
Re: Lucid Delusion.....20,550+ hits
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Wow. Jade, did you ever piss these people off? It's like crabs in a barrel right about now. Whew! :)
Almost always, yes.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
Good lord that drummer has the attitude of a coma patient!!
from incomplete data

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »
Jade, i'd cum on your face out of hatred for this band.
Deep Tissue Massage

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
Get it right...it is "Hells Yeah".  Gotta get back to the Superbowl.  I will dig up & post a cut off jean shorts pic for ya. ;)

:-X eer please no thks...

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Lucid Delusion.....20,600+ hits
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2010, 06:54:16 PM »
good to see that she can skirt the issues of:
a. The band really sucks
b. she looks like a man

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
I'm really not trying to stir up the pot, I went on their site with an open mind (albeit one of a hobby musician) I've studied theory and scales for a good 5 years so I think I am a pretty decent judge of natural talent and ability since I play mostly very technical guitar stuff (ie. Dream Theater, Symphony X)

but these guys honestly suck, they just don't have it.. the singer is horrendous, the instrument are out of tune and sometimes out of pitch and time (between the bass and drums) it's just really poorly done, I was playing songs better then this crap in grade 8 for talent show..

Jade if you can't hear how bad it really is, you're either head over heels in love or tone deaf, either way..play it to some of your friends (friends that can be critical and honest with you) and you'll see what we're all talking about.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:10 PM »

Jade if you can't hear how bad it really is, you're either head over heels in love or tone deaf, either way..play it to some of your friends (friends that can be critical and honest with you) and you'll see what we're all talking about.

This is the problem. They probably play shows primarily for friends and family.

If they were to open for a band with an actual following, they would surely experience the combination of apathy and hostility that would send them scrambling to Walmart to fill out applications.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 02:33:41 AM »
brutally backfiring thread

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 02:52:36 AM »
going off course in a non gay manner here but

Jade scored out of her league. This guy could do dramatically better in the chick department. I mean he's in a band and pretty good lookin guy (NO HOMO) and she's,...well,.....even hopeless me has done better.

She better hope he doesnt wake up realizing this one day

True. I used to bounce at a local bar and dudes that played in fucking cover bands would pull the hottest groupie puss everynight. Girls see a dude playing in a band and automatically go into whore mode.