Author Topic: Bicep Flex Ripping Denim Shirt - 186,000 views  (Read 18842 times)

LWGA

• Getbig II
Re: Bicep Flex Ripping Denim Shirt - 186,000 views
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 11:16:44 AM »
Good now who was the other stunt double for Lou.  Manny was also John Candy's stunt double

Didn't know there was another double.  I thought Manny was there for all five seasons.  Also didn't know he doubled for Candy.  Is it true that Arnold was turned down for the role of the hulk?

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »
Didn't know there was another double.  I thought Manny was there for all five seasons.  Also didn't know he doubled for Candy.  Is it true that Arnold was turned down for the role of the hulk?

Either Arnold turned it down or was turned down for being too short.  But I remember reading the show's producer and director were happy with Lou because of his height.  Richard Keil was screen tested as he was 7'2" but he was not muscular enough.  A 6'5" Louie was much better suited for the role.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

Manny was there but they used occassionally another well known bodybuilder for stunts
No Worries 4 me

LWGA

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 02:42:17 AM »
Manny was there but they used occassionally another well known bodybuilder for stunts

Okay, I give!  I've tried googling, but got no where.  Who was it?  By the way, you catch some occasionally crap here, but I think you've got some really cool stories. 

LWGA

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »
           Either Arnold turned it down or was turned down for being too short.  But I remember reading the show's producer and director were happy with Lou because of his height.  Richard Keil was screen tested as he was 7'2" but he was not muscular enough.  A 6'5" Louie was much better suited for the role.

Gotta agree with this...Lou looks that part even without the makeup.  That's not a shot at him.  He just really look suited for the part.  Didn't know that about Keil.  Would have been interesting to see a 7'2" hulk.

Another movie trivia question....The guy who played the Predator (the first Predator movie) also had another small role in the film.  Who was this other character?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 03:00:59 AM »
Actually, Lou in his prime seemed like THE perfect choice for The Hulk.

Not many taller than him that also had such mass.

Richard "Jaws" Kiel was of course taller, but didn't really have Lou's impressive mass.
Q

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 03:22:17 AM »
And +1200 hits on GB  ;D
(Oh dear, that includes me  :-X)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 04:37:00 AM »
Good question, still unanswered.

Wild guess! Bill Nuckles?

Bill also had a recurring role in some big TV show that ocurred on a BIG train, but I forget its name.

Here's a tough question .... Name the Gold's Gym members  who played the parts of competitive bobybuilders in one of THE HULK episodes.

Another question but much easier .... Name the Gold's Gym owner who had a big role in a TV show called THE HUSTLE OF MUSCLE BEACH.

Easy one - Name Arnold's first major film.

Name Reeves' first Hollywood film and who was the principle star?

Name two movies in which Ed "Fury" appeared under his real name and WHAT was his real name.

Last trivia shot - Who was Reg Lewis and what was his wife's first name?

Anyone know without IMDB assistance??

LWGA

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »
Good question, still unanswered.

Wild guess! Bill Nuckles?

Bill also had a recurring role in some big TV show that ocurred on a BIG train, but I forget its name.

Here's a tough question .... Name the Gold's Gym members  who played the parts of competitive bobybuilders in one of THE HULK episodes.

Another question but much easier .... Name the Gold's Gym owner who had a big role in a TV show called THE HUSTLE OF MUSCLE BEACH.

Easy one - Name Arnold's first major film.
Name Reeves' first Hollywood film and who was the principle star?

Name two movies in which Ed "Fury" appeared under his real name and WHAT was his real name.

Last trivia shot - Who was Reg Lewis and what was his wife's first name?

Anyone know without IMDB assistance??

Arnold's first film was "Hercules Goes Bananas."  It was later changed to "Hercules in New York."  They had Arnold change his last name to "Strong", and his voice was dubbed over.  The movie sucked....but I actually own it.  The DVD version has both the dubbed and undubbed versions.

The rest of your questions are tough!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 04:48:01 AM »
Wow, I had no idea Lou needed a stunt double.

They'd rather not have their main star do the most dangerous stunts (in case something bad happens) since (if the show/movie is popular) you will lose alot of money.

If the stuntman is injured, they will get another stuntman, but if the star is injured, they have to have the production on half for a while, which is bad.

I didn't think The Hulk-series had such dangerous stunts though, but you learn something new every day.
Q