Author Topic: For trainers who want to 'fast track'  (Read 18368 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: For trainers who want to 'fast track'
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
Kiwi , Are you saying the only work Vince did at Lockheed other than mop the floors was "work the carpark"  :D
He was a engineer parking attendant. ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
Damn, you guys are brutal!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
Damn, you guys are brutal!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
while joe marino has defeated the odds and made it in the fitness world as a 5'4" mexican, vince goodrum is yet to do so.  i like vince as a gimmick because he's too perfect at it.

also, i will give credit to onlyme for his efforts here.  while he may be melting, the stuff he types is the work of legends.  "inner tube lips", lol.
Deep Tissue Massage

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Vince G this is for you and all other trainer who fall into this catagory!
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »
2008 was actually a net loss so I didn't earn anything at all.   

Seriously, Vince, have you ever entertained the idea that Personal Training isn't your thing?

You've been at it for years. Have tons of certifications and credentials; yet, you make no money.

I, myself, was a trainer for about 2 years in 1988-89. I had gotten laid off from a corporate job and didn't feel like going back to a cubicle. So, I walked into a large health club in Manhattan, applied for and got a job as an instructor. Within a few months, I became a trainer and was making 400-500 a week, which was pretty good back then.

This was with no certifications or degrees. I certainly was not a training prodigy, just a guy with a pretty good physique who could talk the talk.

So, what's the problem, Vince?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Vince G this is for you and all other trainer who fall into this catagory!
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »
Seriously, Vince, have you ever entertained the idea that Personal Training isn't your thing?

You've been at it for years. Have tons of certifications and credentials; yet, you make no money.

I, myself, was a trainer for about 2 years in 1988-89. I had gotten laid off from a corporate job and didn't feel like going back to a cubicle. So, I walked into a large health club in Manhattan, applied for and got a job as an instructor. Within a few months, I became a trainer and was making 400-500 a week, which was pretty good back then.

This was with no certifications or degrees. I certainly was not a training prodigy, just a guy with a pretty good physique who could talk the talk.

So, what's the problem, Vince?
You have seen his pics , how can you take him seriously.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2010, 06:51:03 PM »
I guess everyone in Sylva knows Melvin Goodrum. I wonder what the gym owner thinks about him? No doubt Vince G is the fitness expert in the small town. Seems to me Melvin made a bad decision moving to such a small town. It might be cheap in his trailer with his partner but his opportunities are almost zero to find any suitable employment there. He did say that he now has an office in town. Here we go again, more claims that might be bs. Where is your office, Mr Goodrum?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »
I guess everyone in Sylva knows Melvin Goodrum. I wonder what the gym owner thinks about him? No doubt Vince G is the fitness expert in the small town. Seems to me Melvin made a bad decision moving to such a small town. It might be cheap in his trailer with his partner but his opportunities are almost zero to find any suitable employment there. He did say that he now has an office in town. Here we go again, more claims that might be bs. Where is your office, Mr Goodrum?

His office is Vissy's ass.  it is open 24 hours a day.
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2010, 11:55:51 PM »
Well, this thread has seriously gone South of the Border. I don't have to lie about my work history because it just the plain truth.  I had the opportunity to work with some great people and see the future of aviation that you people will have to wait many years to see. 

And Cavalier, you are a complete dumb-ass for suggesting that Lockheed doesn't hire people without degrees.  Did I not say that I was hired while I was in school.  Put 2 and 2 together...oh wait.

http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/college_internships.asp

I was successful in the field of engineering and I'm now successful in the field of health & fitness.  So I'll just shake you haters off with one finger.   8)

Well Goodrum yes you do have to lie.  It is what you do.  You are 31 years old.  You say you had a successful career at Lockheed.  you didn't even work there for 6 months.  You got NO benefits or anything.  you got fired.  You work as a janitor.  And you still think you are successful.  Just like you BB career.  you are successful?  You are a world class loser who tgakes last place in everything you do and still think you are a success.  And you are right, no degrees are needed for the job you had.
And you want us to believe you had a security clearance where you saw stuff we won't for years.  Hey you fucking moron.  you are full of shit again.
No Worries 4 me

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2010, 12:01:27 AM »
Well Goodrum yes you do have to lie.  It is what you do.  You are 31 years old.  You say you had a successful career at Lockheed.  you didn't even work there for 6 months.  You got NO benefits or anything.  you got fired.  You work as a janitor.  And you still think you are successful.  Just like you BB career.  you are successful?  You are a world class loser who tgakes last place in everything you do and still think you are a success.  And you are right, no degrees are needed for the job you had.
And you want us to believe you had a security clearance where you saw stuff we won't for years.  Hey you fucking moron.  you are full of shit again.

Keith, what would you do if you met Melvin IRL?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »

Yeah, it sucks ass but the rates are set by Jackson County so I don't have any control over the rates for training people there.  

You got to be fucking kidding me! You're telling me that the government is telling you how much you can charge and how much someone should be willing to pay? Do they also tell you how much you can sell your equipment for?

Please don't tell me you vote Democrat.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2010, 01:13:21 AM »

Gee Vince, I hate to admit it but when you're gone for a while I actually start to miss you (no homo). Is your tolerance for flotsam starting to diminish with advancing age?
I finally got booted from IronAge so GetBig is all we have. I think you'd be happy to know that I've dropped my protein intake and increased my carbs. I'm sure my protein is still high for your taste but going from 300g/day to 200g/ day is nothing to sneeze at. I think my calorie intake is about the same but I'm up to a massive 188lbs instead of the twinkish 183lbs. I think it's mostly water weight but in my case that's a good thing because I seem fuller and not as drawn and shriveled.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:36 AM »
Keith, what would you do if you met Melvin IRL?

Well I guess a couple years ago when he was at the Olympia I saw him at the Orleans cafe.  I was sitting with about 8 or so other people including Peter Putnum, Pete G, a couple of other BB's and a couple of TV producers we were doing business with.  I looked over cause Lonnie Teper was a few tables away and I saw him talking to a black guy.  I asked one of the people at the table if that was Goodrum and he said he didn't think so.  I wasn't sure.  He had glasses on and was not as big as he appears in the photos on Getbig.  Well I guess it was him and I missed a chance to meet him.  In all honesty he is very fragile looking in person.  I have never gone up to anyone to start any kind of fight.  I am usually a guy who finishes something after it is started.  I wouldn't start a fight with him as much as I would love too.  The reason being is that he is a known scumbag who definitely would do something like sue me or something.  I have shit to lose he has nothing.  The ideal thing would be if he saw me and came up to me and said something I didn't like or touch me in any way.  Then I would love to just grab him and beat the shit out of him. 
No Worries 4 me

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2010, 02:22:36 AM »
Well I guess a couple years ago when he was at the Olympia I saw him at the Orleans cafe.  I was sitting with about 8 or so other people including Peter Putnum, Pete G, a couple of other BB's and a couple of TV producers we were doing business with.  I looked over cause Lonnie Teper was a few tables away and I saw him talking to a black guy.  I asked one of the people at the table if that was Goodrum and he said he didn't think so.  I wasn't sure.  He had glasses on and was not as big as he appears in the photos on Getbig.  Well I guess it was him and I missed a chance to meet him.  In all honesty he is very fragile looking in person.  I have never gone up to anyone to start any kind of fight.  I am usually a guy who finishes something after it is started.  I wouldn't start a fight with him as much as I would love too.  The reason being is that he is a known scumbag who definitely would do something like sue me or something.  I have shit to lose he has nothing.  The ideal thing would be if he saw me and came up to me and said something I didn't like or touch me in any way.  Then I would love to just grab him and beat the shit out of him. 

LMAO! Wonder if he bullshits in person as much as he does in the forums, lol.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2010, 02:24:43 AM »
100 grams of protein a day is sufficient for most intermediate bodybuilders. Too many of the flotsam waste money on supplements and expensive protein. 50 grams might be sufficient for most people.

Keith missed buffoon Goodrum posing at the Olympia on a tabletop. Where was he and the fart machine? What an opportunity wasted. At least some pizzas were sent to his hotel room at one show. Goodrum wouldn't do shit if confronted by Keith. He would think about calling him fatty and running his ass off escaping Keith's rage! Come on guys, this is just fun lampooning self-styled internet hero, Vince G CSN MFT PHD.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »
A photo speaks volumes about Goodrum. Who else would get up and pose looking like this? What a nincompoop!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
100 grams of protein a day is sufficient for most intermediate bodybuilders. Too many of the flotsam waste money on supplements and expensive protein. 50 grams might be sufficient for most people.

Keith missed buffoon Goodrum posing at the Olympia on a tabletop. Where was he and the fart machine? What an opportunity wasted. At least some pizzas were sent to his hotel room at one show. Goodrum wouldn't do shit if confronted by Keith. He would think about calling him fatty and running his ass off escaping Keith's rage! Come on guys, this is just fun lampooning self-styled internet hero, Vince G CSN MFT PHD.

Quite the impressive arm there on Keith!
Q